Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So- Do You Sit Down and Eat Like The Rest of The Family?

I eat everything with my family. My weight i think has been slower than most because of this but i have three small children and can't fix two meals. I try to avoid the carbs and bread but still have sometimes if my stomach overules my mind.

It is just My boyfriend and I, but yes I eat the same thing I fix him. With the exception of bread. when I fix him rice or Pasta dishes, I make sure I eat enough Protein and veggie, and then have a very, very small spoonful of the carbs. I usually can not eat warmed over meat... no matter what it is. No matter how tender a cut, even adding liquid does not help. On those nights, I have a lettuce salad and put cottage cheese on it for my protein.

I definitely eat the same as the family, just less.

I never understood people "on diets" who had to cook two different meals. If you feed your family such crap that you cant possibly eat it yourself and lose weight, then really, you need to change what you're feeding your family. And I know you said you werent talking junk, so I'm just talking generalisations.

There's some things they like that just are hard for me. The kids love lamb loin chops, I cannot eat them off the barbecue anymore, they have to be slow cooked, kids dont like them that way. So I never eat loin chops. If we want steak we go out. I suck at cooking it anyway, that's one instance where I physically cant eat my own cooking, tee hee, so we go to Hogs Breath for an 18 hour slow cooked prime rib. Its worth the money!

Other than that, we eat healthy as a family anyway, I just used to eat too darn much.

Other than that, we eat healthy as a family anyway, I just used to eat too darn much.

We're the same way. We have our moments and there are certain we just have to go out for sometimes (pulled pork sandwiches at the local BBQ joint!) but for the most part it's healthy. My portions and my hunger were just out of control!

This was one of the things that I worried about also. It made me feel kind of sad because I thought I would not be able to sit down with the family and laugh and talk and EAT, EAT, EAT. I pictured myself sitting down with a lettuce leaf & a dallop of cottage cheese while the rest of the family kept on enjoying my home cooking. However, I learned that it doesn't have to be like that. Sure you can enjoy some or most of the foods you cook for them, with them, as long as the portions are much smaller. I'm also cooking healthier for my family and we're eating pretty much the same thing. I take as long to finish my small portions as they do eating all they want. BTW: they don't have weight problems, thankfully.

i found the yummiest sausage dogs. johnsonville turkey sausage with cheese in the middle. The calories is only 80 per link, i can only eat half, its the size of a hot dog. and protien around 8 grams not the best but i usually have it with my scrambled better than eggs in the morning which add an addlt 10, carbs is only 3g and fat 2g per link. not bad :lol: and they are so delic.