Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting upset! 8(

Ok I was banded on May 31. I started out at 257 in April. Between pre-op and exercise I was 243 on day of surgery. I have gone all the way down to 231 and back to 237 after starting solids. I can eat about anything, except bread. I have been on solids for almost a week. I am not losing any more weight. I almost feel like I have had nothing done. (no band) Dr. told me I have to be on solids for a month before an adjustment, so i guess i have to be patient, but darn it, i dont wanna be! I wanna feel some restriction, I wanna see the scale drop!!! I DO know that this is time of healing and all that lol. I can eat almost anything. I have had pizza for dinner one night and a bagel for Breakfast. Please send me some encouragement vibes!!!! Either make mid July come sooner or give me some restriction!!!!!!!!

Robyn, this is the toughest time for new bandsters, I went through thesame thing, but you got to remember you have no Fluid in your band, the band was designed to work best with fluid, so it is normal to feel like you can eat anything you want, it is also normal to notsee the scale move. I only lost 19 lbs the first 9 weeks. My weight did not start coming off until I got my fills. Instead of having a bagel for breakfast, try strictly portein no carbs, that will help decrease hunger and cravings for more carbs. Eat your 60 grams of Protein a day, Keep your carbs to a minimum you can eat your veggies and fruits and still get your carbs, but good carbs. That old saying " just because you can doesnt mean you should"

It is very normal to see a fluctuation in your weight once you go from liquids to solids, it will take a few days for your body and brain to adjust to the solids.

Once you start getting your fills, you will notcie a difference in your hunger, things you are able to eat andthescale will move. Focus on protein and drinking your water...You can do this :) Hang in there!!

Maybe it's just the mind game I'm playing with myself, but I keep thinking it's a good thing to get my metabolism adjusted to maintaining my new weight. Just for a while until I hit another drop.

I lost 15 lbs the first 12 days and have been toying up and down with another 2 pound loss. BUT, amazingly, this morning, I checked the scale and had hit a new low, 205.2. Huh? I had seen for a day 205.8, so this was news! Anyhow, I was banded 11 weeks ago and I'm eating like a champ and I'm NOT gaining the weight back. I try to keep my chin up and take it as good news that my body has officially adjusted and is able to maintain this small weight loss.

However, I simply cannot wait until July 6th when I go for my first fill. I have had enough of eating and maintaining. It's time now to cut back and be a LOSER!

Good luck, we'll get there!!!

La Madam!!!U made me cry. You are so awesome! Always an inspiration to this forum!!!! Thanks. I agree 200% with the saying, Just because u can doesnt mean u should!!! I try to drink a Carnation Instant breakfast and it does great for holding hunger. Been doing Boars Head Sausalito Turkey and Fat free cheese, tuna, chicken salad, yogurt.....I even started doing situps yesterday, did 20 and 10 today. 8) AND i bought a Tae Bo DVD....havent been brave enough to try that though!! I have to remember to NOT snack!!! Thanks again!!!

You are welcome :)

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction, with the exericise and your food choices, the only thing I would do diferent is stay clear from the liquid calories that go through the band quicker. , instead of carnation instant breakfast which is liquid eat some solid Protein ( like eggs, turkey sausage, cottage cheese) in the mornings, this will help hold hunger much better

I have to remind myslef all the time, this is not a race , the weight will come off... this is a lifestlye change..a journey

Robyn...Do you realize that you have lost more than a pound a day since your surgery?! That is so awesome!!!! I was in your shoes until last Thursday, so I know how hard it is. Hang in there though. Use this time to start building your healthy eating habits and practicing the band rules. Even if you have to add more meals during the day to be full, try to stick to the rules and drink plenty of Water. July will be here before you know it.

Hugs to you.

Maybe it's just the mind game I'm playing with myself, but I keep thinking it's a good thing to get my metabolism adjusted to maintaining my new weight. Just for a while until I hit another drop.

I don't think it's a mind game at ALL, Kathy. In my experience the weight loss does indeed come off in those fits and starts and I think it's natural and normal. A constant downward trend wouldn't be healthy! We have talked about this before, average weight loss and progress over time, and it's really important to remember that the changes we're making mean our bodies need time to adjust.

A quick drop is the kind of weight that comes right back on. This is permanent weight loss, and slow and steady is the only way to get there. Robyn, you're doing GREAT and your first fill will soon be behind you. Keep your head up and enjoy the progress you've already made! :)