Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly banded on September 9, 2008

I was banded on Sept. 9 and now it's Sept. 12 and I'm planning on being out of work only 3 days and a weekend. I am sore, but moving makes it better. I noticed yesterday that I was just sitting and staring and feeling depressed. The dr. said for me to spread out my normal medications instead of taking them all at once, so the first one I took was my anti-depressant and I'm feeling some better. I got dressed and went outside to get some fresh air and sunshine and that helped too. I know that food plays a huge role in MY life-obviously; I think part of it has to do with that. I'm still on the all liquid, which is depressing in itself, and the thought of a cream Soup makes me ill. I've eaten sugar-free popsicles and jell-o until I'm one gelatanous glob. Someone please give me words of encouragement. Banded in Denver, NC.:lol:

Hang in there sweetie! I am one day past 2 weeks post-op and I couldn't be happier that I got the band. I got banded on a Thursday and went back to work the following Tuesday (Monday was a holiday). To be honest with you, going back to work was the best thing for me. It kept me busy, made me move a bit more by having to walk down the hall to potty, and made me more mindful of concentrating on eating because lunchtime is only lunchtime in our office, so you eat then or you don't eat. No eating at the desk!

The first two weeks are difficult, both physically and especially emotionally. We have to find other things to entertain ourselves now that we can no longer turn to food. Paint your nails. Even if they are short-short, treat yourself. It's ok now because you won't smear them by sticking your hand in a Doritos bag while they are still wet. Play real solitaire, not the kind on the computer. Learn to juggle! I taught myself after looking at some diagrams on the web. I had some oranges from before surgery and you should have seen them when I got done "practicing!" Can't eat it if you're throwing it :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches