Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great Lakes Weight Loss

Great Lakes Weight Loss Center

Hello: Has anyone been to or have knowledge of the Great Lakes Weight Loss Center? I've found their website and contacted them.

It's located in Harper Professional Bldg. in Detroit & Rochester Hills Bldg in Rochester Hills, MI

They have quoted me a price extremely comparable to where I'm scheduled in October. They've said I could be scheduled within 2-3 wks from now.

Please let me know if you are able to provide any feedback.

I'll keep checking to see if I can find it here.

Thanks in advance, will post this in another forum as well.

Hello!!

I'm still checking to see if anyone has been banded at Harper Hospital by Great Lakes Weight Loss team?

I've scheduled my band date of 10/7/08 and am so ready to get there to get it done.

I'm coming in from Chicago.

2 members of my support group were banded at Harper and they have not much good to say about it. They didn't like the follow up care. If you would like more info from them pm me and I'll give you their email address.

I was Banded in May and have not had any issues with them at all :tongue2: Everything went pretty smooth.

Thanks for this post!

I will driving up first thing tommorrow morning; having surgery by Dr. Laker at 8:30 a.m.!

I will post back with an update... Thank you!

Hello Casscitymom,

hoping you are doing well yourself these days.

I'm doing very well, everything went fine with Dr. Laker & his staff - he's so hands-on & very personable. He was able to really, really comfort my husband while I was in recovery and I needed that!:D

Since being home, I realize I need to take it slowly and not over do it.

Still trying to ponder whether or not I'll return there for my first f/u in six weeks, or just go to get a fill locally. I don't want to wait to long to make the decision, since airfares are rising all the time.

Take care and keep in touch!

Were you happy with everything from Dr. Laker? I am in the process of setting up the lap band surgery. Any information would be great.

Thanks!

Absolutely! No issues easy to schedule fills, they are accessible by phone or e-mail :scared2: Joined Curves and the inches lost look better than the weight for now but I'll take it in pounds or inches!

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't been able to reach them via email to confirm my doctor sent my file. So, I was starting to worry.

I also went through GLWL. The only issue I had was with the nurses at Harper who were very preoccupied and ignored repeated requests for pain meds and liquids. But that is not the fault of the GLWL team. Other than that, I've been very happy with them all around. I've seen all of the doctors for fills so far. They have an answering service to schedule there appointments, and they screw up sometimes. I always call a day before my appointment to make sure it is actually there before I make the three hour trip to Detroit. The doctors and fellows are all very nice. I personally have a preference for the fellow. I wish I could remember his name, I think its Mcintyre. He seems much gentler than the surgeons themselves when giving fills. He's very personable and kind. Just watch out for the answering service, they don't always know the rules, and screw up sometimes. Call to confirm your appointment. Don't let them tell you you have to see the same surgeon for the fill that did your surgery, because you don't. I schedule my fills when it is convenient for me, not when it is convenient for my surgeon, especially since I'm paying out of pocket. Good luck!!