Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Discouraged!

Really like your advice Bluez. I copied it to recipes when I am banded on day I hope soon! I agree, during the post op or any surgery the last thing ironically I would think about is losing weight. I hope I'm not as hungry as poor Cori...I'm getting hungry just reading it. Hope it doesn't last too much longer? How long is the liquid stage? All docs are different on that ...2 weeks would be my limit then I'd ease into something more and do a lot of sleeping and pampering.

Soover, don't let the hunger deter you. I have been on liquids for 2 weeks prior to surgery and then it could be as long as 3 weeks after. The nurses all say it is in my head. I am hungry and don't feel much restriction but when I start eating, I definately can not take in much. I have resorted to drinking lots of Water btwn meals. I have not did much, but a few days I have over did and that was worse than anything. I don't recommend going to the mall the day after surgery even if you have someone pushing you in a wheelchair. :unsure:

where do you get these Bullets? and how much are they?

You can buy them at GNC. They are around 3.50 each, but with the Gold Card I bought them for about 2.75 during the bonus week. I don't suggest using them past your liquid stage, because it can get costly, but they were the only way I got my required Protein in each day. I still use them on some days if I don't have time to eat enough.

Also, be sure to get the 42g ones, because they also sell some that are about 25g.

I will got check it out today, thank you for your info. Do they have different flavors or just one?

I only had the tropical punch. It also comes in blueberry, grape and orange. They have a tart taste that my husband says is kinda like a sweet tart. Some people complain about an aftertaste, but I never found it to be bad. I was only drinking 1 oz at a time anyway, so it didn't bother me. During my liquid stage I was drinking a total of 3-4 oz per day of it.

Hi there...it sounds like you are not getting enough Protein in your system and you shouldn't be starving at all. I felt tired when I was banded but that was because I wasn't getting enough protein in my system. Make sure you call your doctor and discuss your symptoms it may be something serious or you may have a slippage and don't know it. Good luck to you!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I can understand why you feel discouraged, but you have to realise that you only had surgery a week ago. Of course you are still going to be tired and have no energy. You just had major abdominal surgery and your body is healing. Yes liquids suck and you will get hungry. Mushies suck too. Unforunately these are all phases we have to go to to heal.

Please read the attached link. Hopefully it can help answer some questions you may be having:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/newbies-please-read-72233/

Yes you have to get your Protein (hopefully you are doing that), but I don't know if that is why you are so tired. Everyone's body is different and we all heal at different rates. Some people are up and exercising right away, others it takes longer. While there is some good advice on these boards always follow your doctor's instructions. If you ever are in doubt or don't feel right - call them. That's what they are there for. Do what is right for you. Listen to your body. It took me a while to get my energy back - a good month. It took eating solid foods again for me.

There are also some great blogs on here too (look under people's signatures) from those who have been banded a while. They offer great advice and they have been through a lot. It is sometimes easier to learn from example.

This too shall pass. Remember this is only temporary. You will get better and feel better. I wish you the best.

Hi again it's me Bluez, Just while you people are complaining about your liquid diets, leave a thought for me. My doc has me on liquids for 4 weeks. I am not complaining as I figure its only 4 weeks and 8 weeks of mushies out of my life. I am setting my body up for success by doing the right thing. If on the rare occasions I feel hungry, I play a mind game with myself and imagine my hungry body eating by big fat butt. lol it works for me!