Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

missing you people and bummed

Man i have been missing talking to people that totally understand, it is sometimes such a pain to explain it over and over and have people look at you like you are a fool...well to them i say poo...

I am totally thrilled to have dropped 20 lbs since the surgery, but have a huge amount of stress in my life at the moment, I am on strike from my job at the moment and it seems that neither side will budge, and having gone out for surgery in the middle of august I spent my little bit of savings....and am now stressing out a bit...i have not turned to food but I spend many mornings crying

i hate it...plus i feel run down and without energy, i was having a blast being around my co-workers and was hoping we would not be in strike for long...I think I made a mistake by reading the news and the posters to the article...it was so horrible, man there is such a smear campaign on us workers, making us look greedy, but it was not the money it was the fact they tried to raise health care, and take away other things...I know why I am on strike, just tired of being judged....really kicks me down...

So yeah sorry to dump that out but It is eating me alive...

:sad:

I'm so sorry you're struggling right now!

You really don't need the added stress of reading anything in the media regarding your strike. You are right when you say you know why you are doing what you are doing. Please try to hang in there. Prayers that it doesn't last long AND you are able to get some of the things you need in order to stop the strike.

Instead of spending the AM crying, why not go for a nice walk? That would help with the stress, get you out and be productive, band-wise, in the meantime? Just a thought.

Take care and hang in there. Come here more often too. It'll help take your mind off things.

Best wishes.

Hey Ria - Wish you were closer, so we could go for a walk and cheer both of ourselves up! I'm not on strike (are you Bellevue or Boeing? :)), but I am facing the end of my job in less than two weeks.

My best ass-vice is to get out there and do something, anything besides sitting in front of the computer. :)

Best wishes to you, you're doing great!

Lisa

Lisa, I am with the strike on Boeing. It has been a pain but also good, this week I have gotten most of my place painted have one wall left over the fireplace, which requires a lot of taping off...so I have been avoiding it...lol

Anyway after wenting and getting back some great responses, I got my butt outta that funk and was mucking around in my closet, and I was so totally surprised, as i have been wearing jammie pants at home and my biggest baggy pant to work to keep things off the lower incision, anyway, I thought lets see where we are, and started trying on clothes, and WOOT!!! I not only got into a pair of shorts I have not worn or been able to get over my hips at one point, they were also baggy in the butt area...yay!!

So that got me fired up some more and I also tackled my eliptical runner today...desided to step it up a bit. walking got me into those pants, and I intend to get my jean jacket to fit again...

yay to having goals...

now i just gotta get back to work as soon as the dodo's desded to talk, but until then i'll just keep in truckin'

thanks ppl:thumbup:

Lisa, I am with the strike on Boeing. It has been a pain but also good, this week I have gotten most of my place painted have one wall left over the fireplace, which requires a lot of taping off...so I have been avoiding it...lol

Anyway after wenting and getting back some great responses, I got my butt outta that funk and was mucking around in my closet, and I was so totally surprised, as i have been wearing jammie pants at home and my biggest baggy pant to work to keep things off the lower incision, anyway, I thought lets see where we are, and started trying on clothes, and WOOT!!! I not only got into a pair of shorts I have not worn or been able to get over my hips at one point, they were also baggy in the butt area...yay!!

So that got me fired up some more and I also tackled my eliptical runner today...desided to step it up a bit. walking got me into those pants, and I intend to get my jean jacket to fit again...

yay to having goals...

now i just gotta get back to work as soon as the dodo's desded to talk, but until then i'll just keep in truckin'

thanks ppl:thumbup:

I am so glad you're in a better place for yourself!! WTG on the clothes!! How fun! I just tried on a pair of jeans yesterday that used to be tight the last time I wore them (back in April, 30lbs ago). Thought, "okay, we'll see how they feel with all the swelling I still have," and low and behold, they not only fit but they're baggy all over too!! Even with more afternoon swelling, I still had plenty of room! It's a great feeling! Keep up to great work! And get on that last wall. I still have a "last wall" from 2 yrs ago. DH still hasn't moved everything off that wall to finish painting it!!! LOL!!