Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

jump start program

Hi I had lap band surgery 7/21/08 and had my first fill. I am hungry now and the scale has not moved for 2 weeks. I am exercing 5 days a week. I need some help-I read somewhere on the website that there is a jump start plan to follow- does anyone have it- I really need to jump start my weight loss again-Any advice would be appreciated- endomgr:scared2::rolleyes2:

Hi there,

It maybe time for another fill, I made no progress at fills one or two...the third one did it for me. Mond you some people need several, although I am not at my sweet spot yet I am still lossing. I tried to jump start my loss as well and honeselt nothing happened..I was just disappointed and left feeling like I had failed yet again. Someone had to remind me that my band was "not working yet"...once its working, let it do its job and all you have to worry about is getting in your work outs and making healthier choices. Best wishes along your journey...

hi thank you!!I was feeling very down and your answer helped- I made an appointment w/my surgeon for 2 weeks for another fill- I'll keep trying until I'm down to my goal- thanks again-

Your welcome, I know how hard it is...but remember you and I have both tried to do it "right" before and odviously it did not work because we both ended up in the surgeons office! I am only a bit ahead of you, but I will tell you a month of diet (eating small amounts and still being hungry) and intensive exercise ( by that I mean going morning and night) nothing was happening...I cried...then I was reminded.

I am at the point now that I realize pre-band I could never ever get as far as I have because my body had an automatic reaction to the smell of food...just the smell could make my stomach growl and when I resisted I still did not loss weight because my stomach told my brain that well she won't eat so we must be starving, now I eat about 2 cups at lunch and dinner, small Breakfast and 2 Snacks. I eat often and work out daily...since the third fill I lose daily ( at least an ounce or 2)

This works, i promise...

I just got done emailing my doctors office because im in the same boat... i had a fill 2 weeks ago and i no less hungry... my stomach starts to growl about 2.5 hrs after i eat... Im not due to see the Dr again til Oct 22nd so im a little worried since i have gained 2 pnds since my last fill... I dont wanna rush the process if it will mess things up... but im so tired of being hungry... i know i have lost 24 pnds... but most of that was in the first 2 weeks.... :)

Hi we are not alone-I lost 23 lbs- had surgery 7/21/08 and some days I am starving- I have started to exercise more and drink more water- I have a fill 9/24- and I hope that they make it tighter- Sometimes I feel unhappy but everyone tells me to keep smiling- so you do the same- let me know how you are doing- I'll tell you what happens after my next fill-