Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The realize band?

I just met with Dr. Burpee and Sonia. We discussed the realize band and the support group that is associated with it which your doctors monitor. I found it interesting. The doctors can keep track of your progress and make suggestions online and if they feel that you need to come in sooner for an appointment then they can suggest it or help in other ways online.

It sounds like the realize band is a little different than the lapband. Do any of you have information? I am on new turf. Just know that this is the route that Dr. Burpee would like to see me go and so I agreed with him. I would like to be a little more informed from those that are using it.

Got lots of answers today so I am happy but I won't make the September 16th goal for surgery. They didn't get all the paperwork back soon enough. Bummer! Really bummed about that.

Thanks for all your help in the past.

Laura / NanaLaura

I'm leaning towords this realize band as well because of the support thing as well. If you go to realizeband.com you can see the whole online system, it reminds me of like the weight watchers etool website it has all of your fill info and support access in one spot you can also Log your workouts and Water intake... I like it for this reason. Also the realize band is like a round vs like a trangle. But check it out for yourself at realizeband.com

Keep me posted

I was able to compare the two types of bands side by side and I really liked the Realize band much better.

The band was wider, so I felt safer about the possibility of a slip.

The inside of the band, the "balloons" were also quite noticeably softer to the touch compared to the Lap Band. I felt much more comfortable about that being against my stomach for years to come. Also, I've read, but I don't know this to be a fact, that the Realize Band may have fewer issues with food getting stuck.

The port seemed to be the same height to me, but the lap band port was shaped like a cone, and the Realize Band was flat. I much preferred the way the port was attached to the muscle by the Realize Band, because it seems to be much more secure with the hooks, and it looks like it'll be more comfortable in the long run with the flat top.

My doctor will use either band, and he leaves it up to the patient to decide. I was banded last week, and I have no hunger issues yet, and I feel great.

I have the realize band and it really is a benefit to have access to their website. My doc's nurse and the nutritionist can access what I have recorded for my meals and that helps me be honest if I know someone will actually see what I did. Once you are banded you get full access to the website and can log in your food...it calculates all the calories, fat, Protein etc so you dont have to. You can also log in your exercise progress, weight loss and even set up goals to keep you on track. Many times I have been tempted to eat something I shouldnt, but when I think I will have to write that down, it keeps me from straying. (most times...lol).

Chi and Kiz,

I have been looking at the site too. I am really excited about it. I will do more reading and I like the idea of the doctor being able to keep track.

I just wish I had a date for surgery.

Laura

Nana me to I want my date to lol. I have first consult on SEP 18 I can't wait.