Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how is everybody that had their banding ops between Aug 15th and Sept 5th doing?

I am stuck...not loosing any weight. I am between 279 and 283....still below my initial pre op weight but still!!!!! ...getting my first adjustment on the 9th!!!!

your comments will be greatly appreciated! Need the support right now since I feel frustrated!!!!!!!:)

Hey! I've only lost 16lbs! Been there for 2wks, stuck. It's better than nothing, I know. But I understand the frustration. I hope your fills get you on the right track. I go for my first fill on the 6th. Crossing my fingers for some restriction! Good luck!

Until you start getting filled you really aren't suppose to be losing weight. The post-op diet is mainly to heal, the fills are to lose weight. Hang in there.

Ok Crowd....I got my first 4cc yesterday and it feels weird.....definetelly the hunger level is down as I can feel it!

Got a little discouraged since my weight went up to 287 yesterday prior to the fill....my own fault! Just spent two weeks travelling for business and I did not behaved....I paid the price for overeating!

here is a little observations I would like to share

- 4cc mkes you feel a little fuller all the time...it is not actually a full feel but more like a satisfied feel...Get it?

- I know by now everyone hates liquids.....guess what? you still need to stick with 'em....I got a Slim Fast this AM for Bfast and a id morning banana and K bar. I am satisfied (notice....I did not said "full" )

- I can still eat lots of food! If I chew my food a lot, I can eat a whole large pizza if I want but I dont want to......Dont do it!

- IMHO, I could have use a little more CC's. But who am I to question the MD...right? Will see him again in 8 weeks!

Today 10/10/08 at 7 AM weight after showering....285#'s Will see!!!:smile2:

I had my first fill this past Monday, I'm at 4cc now! I can tell I do have to put more effort in chewing and eating slow. Feels a little sluggish going down. But no major restriction. I do have exciting news tho... I lost 2 more lbs finally! So that is 18 total! That might not be too exciting for some people, but I had been going back and forth between losing 16 and 14lbs for the past 3 wks! I think the fill got me over the hump. I feel like I'm back on track now. I can go back for another fill in 2wks, which I probably will. Hope everyone else is doing great!

Fellows...purposly I have not posted for a while in this site because I was getting frustrated with some of the stories. I was wrong! you need the support this group brings....If you dont want to post, just read others story...and concentrate on those posting that do inspire you and stay away from the negative ones!!!!

I think my last post was somewhere in Oct/08 and I was not loosing weight at all and my apetite was just unbearable....

After 2 adjustments since then. I am happy to report that I have gone from a size waist 48 to a current 42. My body weight is 275 lbs but I have loss fat mass and gain muscle weight due to my 3 day a week cardio exercising and 2 day weight lifting... People already noticing the changes and even as the weight # is still high, I feel great.... I am 6.2" and blending the weight well....

I had my last visit to Dr. Lowe this past Monday and I got one last adjustment (one more CC) I have no idea how many CC's I have now but this last adjustment was different. I laid down face up, did the crunch and he injected me. The withour removing the needle, he asked me to sit up. Weird!!! seeing the needdle in me!!!! he then asked me to drink a glass of Water without stopping and to tell him when I felt the choking sensation...In other words, he was closing the band all the way!!!! Wow....Baiscally I was a clogged Toillet bowl!! nothing was going down and the choking sensation was awful!!!! little by little he started taking Fluid off until the pipe got uncloged. I guess I am now in my ideal opening since I havent felt hungry since then!!!!

I was on Fluid for the last two days and today AM I had my first solids....A banana and yougurt with Granola....It went down slowly but it did well without any sensation...

Anyhow....that's my report, thats where I am today....I am not stopping hopefully until I reach at least 230!!!!

Good luck everyone and dont give up hope!

Edited by mv031161

Thats how my fills go too. I have to sit up and drink Water. But they don't fill it all the way then take out. They add little by little until I feel the water going down slower. Congrats on your weight loss!