Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from scotland

Hi just thought i would say hello from scotland.Just got my date in for my surgery in belgium with Dr chris de bruyne 11/11/08.After waiting for 2 years on a waiting list on the nhs i went back to see the surgen that would be doing my op and he told me to come back and see him in a year as there was no funding.So after doing alot of reserch on going private i found that Dr chris de bruyne does the surgery in belgium for £3200.So that was that a trip to the bank manager and an email to europe surgery and all booked up .Cant wait,:thumbup:

Good luck on your surgery.

One of my "goal" trips is a trip to Scotland. We have hosted a single malt scotch tasting at our home in the US (New York State) for 8 years now. It has always been my dream to visit your wonderful country.

If you have any suggestions on where to go and what to see, please feel free to send me a private message.

I hope the surgery goes well.

Gilta

Hey there i was banded by Dr chris there last friday the 5th im glad i went to belgium so u'v made the right decision... Oh and glasgow i love it lol... Hope all go's well and if u want to know anything feel free to ask

Ursula

Hey there i was banded by Dr chris there last friday the 5th im glad i went to belgium so u'v made the right decision... Oh and glasgow i love it lol... Hope all go's well and if u want to know anything feel free to ask

Ursula

Hi ursula thanks for the reply

I have got a few questions if thats ok.

What hotel did you stay in any was it any good and was it far from the airport and how much was the taxi.?

I have to meet dr chris at 8pm the night before the op at his house.Did you have to do this and what happens at the consultation?

Is his place far from the hotel and how much did this cost ?

I hear you have to stay in belgium for another day after the op.Do you have to go back to the hospital to see him before you fly home?

And finaly did you have much to eat the day before the op .Sorry for all the questions but you will know your self your wanting every thing to run smoothly when you get there.Hope your feeling well?

Hey i didnt really stick to a pre op bold girl that i am but on plane over i had ham an cheese panini an tea i had a ice cream durin the day and a bacon cheeseburger and fries that nite in hotel lol but frederik said cos im young they wernt too worried bout my pre op they would be more concerned with older clients or very heavy drinkers frederik visited me in hotel that eve to collect the money and have a chat i stayed in campanile hotel in vivoorde most of the patients stay ther its 5mins from hospital and airport a taxi to hospital costs €8 so its cheap DONT stay in central brussels cos a taxi wil cost€50 i went with a package from frederik €4000 for op hotel for 2 people and taxis to and from airport,hotel and hospital so it was great having everything organised for u... as for the day u leave hospital dr chris will see u to discharge u and frederik will come to hotel that evening and check on u its great u should ask dr chris could frederik contact u if the package would be available to u cos it saves so much hassle all u have to worry ur flight oh make sure u are flying into brussels international airport the other airprt in brussels is too far out taxi could cost€150 think thats all haha but ask anything u want to

Hi thanks for the reply.I think it would be better if i could get the same package as yourself it would save me worring about all the transfers to and from the hospital and hotel.I originaly booked up with europe surgery which booked the op with dr chris .Do you have a direct email address of either frederik or dr chris so i could see if i could get that package.Thanks for the help

Cheers i have just emailed him hopefully i can get the package.I will let you know how i get on.

yeah be great to hear how u get on u should receive a email within a day from him and also if u wanted surgery earlier u should say u want a date as soon as possibe an usually can have it within 4to6wks if u wanted i just didnt have the patience to wait haha

I think i will try and keep my date in november as i am going to spain on october .That will be my last blow out so im going to enjoy it.lol

frederik.serneels@ecfs.be he deals with organising the packages as he is dr chris's management he's brilliant u just have to pay €400 deposit so he can pay for hotel and stuff and pay the €3600 when u get to belgium its great

hi flirtylass i contacted frederik and he is doing the package for me so thank you for your advice you have saved me a lot of hassle and a few bob.I have accepted a earlier date he gave me so i am just waiting for confermation from him.The only thing i am not to sure of is how do you pay the deposit ?Do you just go to the bank and give them his account details or is it by cheque?.:)

Hi ah thats great u got the package... What date u getting banded??? Yeah you pay through ur bank i had to fill in a form in the bank with frederiks company name and address and his bank name and address also 2 different codes/account number of his bank (not sure if banks in scotland require so much info) so its a €400 deposit and has to be in frederiks account 2wks before ur surgery it really does save so much hassle... Just ask frederik to send u all of his bank and company info

I will be getting banded on the 31 oct now cant wait.I will wait for him to contact me back then i will ask him for his details.cheers

Ah thats great ur getting banded then you'l have a month and a half to get down a bit before xmas... I was banded last fri4th sept and have lost 12lbs this wk so im thrilled hope to get 4stone off by xmas...

Thats brilliant i hope it comes off me as quick lol.What is your diet been this week have you eat much?Is there alot of constriction when your eating?