Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NO Fill, No Job, No Hawaii, OH NO

Hi Everyone,

Been a very long time since I have been here. TOO LONG!! But I am going to

have lots of time on my hands the next few weeks.

My last few days!!!

Wednesday: Layed off from my good job, good money. Don't know what I am going to do. Scared as hell.

Thursday: Dr. Eubanks in Oregon no longer does fills.

Friday: Cancelled Hawaii Trip planned for our 30th wedding aniversary.

I really need some encouraging words here!! And I know this is a strong support group that I have missed being a part of. I feel like I am drowning and the Water is coming in fast. I know everything will work out in the long run just going to take some time.

Any great advise on any of the above would be great right now.

A "great big" hug to you!

I really don't have any advice, but I am a believer that "everything happens for a reason."

Just come here and let us help you through this.

I am so sorry you had to cancel you trip, I know you must have really been looking forward to it.

I am sure you will find a new fill doctor, maybe some of the gals that have been going to him has already found a new one. I know there was some kind of discussion on here about him.

Good luck! Please keep up posted!

One day at a time...another (((HUG))) sent your way.

You will think of all the good things in life.

I agree don't cancel that trip. You will use that time to regroup and refresh your batteries. Of course if you can't afford the trip right now then I understand. But here is what you do for your anniversary.

Get several recipes for Hawaiian dishes. Make them. Get a grass skirt from "The Party Store" or some place like that. You can make a coconut bra too. DON'T use the real coconuts unless you get the guts out otherwise you will have ants all over you. LOL!!!

Serve your sweetie with the Hawaiian dishes by candelight and then do a private hula dance for him. Who cares if it is accurate? Just shake your grass skirt and those coconuts. LOL!!!

Make it fun for you both. And it gets your minds off the other stuff for a short time.

HUGS HUGE HUGS

Kathy, it is nice to see you here even if it is under these circumstances.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but like Betty said, I too ama firm believer that everything happens for a reason. My mother always told me things always work out and she was right, everytime I feel things are not going my way, it somehow has a way of working out.The same will happen for you... Hang in there

Penni's idea was great, I think you should go for it :)

I like Penni's idea too. I think you should keep your faith and everthing will work out. I too lost a very good job and was unemployed for 2 months. I used the time off to have my lap band surgery and now I have a new job at a great company. You will pull through this and be better off for it. I am so sorry you have to cancel the trip. Break out the coconuts girl! Congrats on 30 years! That is certainly something to Celebrate.< /p>

I agree with everyone else, things happen for reasons we do not always understand untill later.

In December I turned 40, my husband told me he wants a divorce, had my 18th wedding anniversary- no celebration as you can imagine- and then I lost my job. I thought life was pretty much over for me. Now here I am 6 months later, marriage is no better, he moved out and has filed for divorce, but I have a job that is actually fun- what a nice change- am finding out things about myself and am begining to like myself again.

30 years of marriage!!! GO TO HAWAII!!! Spend the $$ you will get another job and there will N E V E R be another 30th anniversary. Plus you can get one of those coconut bras there.... (that was ssooo funny penni!!!)

I agree go on your trip. You only hit 30 years of marriage in most life times. Sure money may be tight but memories last forever. Put your faith in the Lord enjoy your time for re-evaluating your life and a new job will surely appear on the horizon. As for a fill Dr. I'm sure there is a better one out there for you. You just may need to look a bit.

((((hugs)))) for you Kathy!

A new and better job will come along. Take a breath or two and use your time to take care of yourself and get back on track with everything! All those little things you want done at the house, closets, junk drawers, clothes, get some organization going, get rid of clutter, dust, FREE yourself with your new FREE time and make the most of it.

I don't know about the vacation. I tend to be cautious and would probably cancel, too. Especailly if it means I could put getting another job for a few months!

I LOVE Penni's suggestion. A coconut bra is Perfect! woohoo!

Also, no sweat about the fill doc. DtDtKty found another one, look her up. I can't recall the doc's name...you may know about it already.

Chin up! You can handle this!!! I'll be thinking of you and enjoying your posts since you have a little extra time. Keep us posted!! :)

Thank you, each and everyone of you have put a smile on a very sad face. I really loved Penni's idea and that is what I think we will do. I canceled the trip to day and just in time. If I would have waited we would have lost all of our deposit. So yes everything happens for a reason. Money is going to be tight but we will be ok. We have each other and that is the most important part. Again I can't thank all of you enough for your encouraging words. It really helps. I will stay in touch more.

Oh and thanks for the hugs those were the best!!!

Hi Kathy,

Sorry to hear about your recent problems and hope things improve soon. Are you going to try Kelly Fitzpatrick? I think I may try to give her a try. I saw something on her website saying she can send you somewhere for flouro but I need to check it all out and give her a call. Tracey and I are talking about driving down to Mexico in early Aug. for our next fills. Anyway hope things improve, Teresa

Hi Teresa,

How are you doing? Thanks for your thoughts. Yes I saw that post about her taking Mexico patients. So I have her number and I am ready to call on Monday. Got to get skinny and find a new hot job. I have been stuck for a couple of months but no gain so that is good. I was suppose to go to Eubanks this week. Sure glad I read that post. Thanks DtDtKty

It is so nice to have the time to come and visit eveyone here again. I have been under major stress for over a year. I don't really think I realized how much until now. Really starting to feel better. Coming here again helps.

Kathy

Just as an FYI to those of you in Oregon that are planning a trip to Mexico for fills, why not consider Dr. Billy in Ventura instead? Just a thought. At least if you have a complication and need a US doc he is there. If you are interested then just PM me and I will get you the info.

We would like someone in Oregon to do our aftercare and be available if needed. Tracey and I are talking of going to Mexico because she wants Lopez to have her band looked at by him (it has been a year and a half for her and a full term baby). She liked him and had gone back for one of her fills with Lopez after her surgery. I'm mainly more interested in the adventure. I'm not really sure I even need a fill. Kind of borderline... I haven't really lost much in awhile but I have also had way to many family events and get togethers (splurging) and my excercise dropped off because of my arm flare ups. I was off of work most recently for almost 3 weeks when my right arm flared up. My job is really physical (housekeeper) so I'm sure that 3 weeks of drug induced couch potato didn't help my weight loss. What does Billy charge for a flouro fill? Kelly Fitzpatrick will still take patients from other surgeons but I'm not sure what her access to flouro is or if she has any access. I'll call her this morning. She is also supposed to be opening an office in MY town soon so that would be great to get to know her if that all works out and she does have the flouro. Thanks for the suggestion though Penni. Teresa