Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Line of pureed meals for Lap-Band patients

Is there any company that makes a line of blended "meals" with the right nutrients for the "pureed food" weeks after surgery? With the popularity of this procedure, it's difficult to believe nobody is getting into this business, considering the variety of similar baby food that exists. I'm sure there are plenty fellow lazy people out there who would rather not have to cook and blend their own concoctions.

I bought baby food, some frozen veggies, and a magic bullet.

After posting I found these products, what do you guys think?

Thick-It pureed Foods

What is a magic bullet? Sorry for being a noob, I'm new to this, having my surgery next week.

Thanks!

Edited by Baires

That is a thickening powder. You don't want that. It will make things like juice thicker so people that have problems swallowing not choke. A magic bullet is a blender, and will puree food.< /p>

After posting I found these products, what do you guys think?

Thick-It

As has already been said, Thick-It thickens thin liquids, doesn't puree.

I worked in a nursing home in the late 80's. Thick-It isn't new... though hopefully it has been improved. At that time, the taste was about as bad as it came.

I just bought a little food processor for about $30. That "baby food for grownups" just looks bad to me. This way I can pretty much fix a meal for my husband and Puree my portion. Much better in my book!

FYI, Wendys chili is good pureed. My nutritionist got me onto this.

I just bought a little food processor for about $30. That "baby food for grownups" just looks bad to me. This way I can pretty much fix a meal for my husband and Puree my portion. Much better in my book!

I'll remember that! THanks! I am just so ready for real food, I am hard pressed to work up enthusiasm for pureed! LOL :thumbdown:

BUT I'll hang tough! And that chili sounds good.

For those looking. I am in my pureed stage and constantly looking for new fresh ideas. I went to Meijer's grocery store and they had a chicken tortilla Soup with no preservatives with 150 calories per serving, 4g fat, 15g Protein, 16g total carbs. pureed was delicious.

Ok I'm confused (no shock there! LOL) I thought if you could drink it with a straw (ie your soup) then it was a full liquid. If you have to eat it with a fork (ie mashed postatoes) then it is a mushie and goes in the "pureed" stage. Am I wrong? Help?

Oh Gosh, now I'm confused. I thought as long as it has no chunks, it was pureed. Mashed potatoes is a pureed and mushie as far as I'm concerned. Soft stage (after pureed) are things like fish, egg salad etc... Correct me if I'm wrong. Did I confuse you RestlessMonkey? Sorry.

Ok I'm confused (no shock there! LOL) I thought if you could drink it with a straw (ie your soup) then it was a full liquid. If you have to eat it with a fork (ie mashed postatoes) then it is a mushie and goes in the "pureed" stage. Am I wrong? Help?

I don't know. I'm on week 2 and i thought i got full liquids...so I've been having Soup with the "stuff" pureed, or so on. I hope I haven't been "cheating" by doing that; I'm not supposed to get puree/mushie until week 3 and I figured that was things like eggs, refried Beans, and mashed potatoes...not Soups that weren't clear but had no food! LOL

I will puree the dinner my DH has, for example...but I won't be able to drink it with a straw. I thought THAT was mushie.

Yogurt is another...I can't drink it with a straw, but it's smooth, so to me it's a puree...I get it come friday....