Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

Before approval from insurance, I have to have an EKG, chest x-ray and labs. I have never had to have an EKG - Do I have to undress for this? Just trying to know ahead of time so that I can dread it even more if I am going to be topless. Crazy question I know...but don't yall hate having to "unveil" to people you don't know? LOL - anyway...wonder how long an EKG takes?:biggrin:

No you dont have to undress. They put small little Patches the stick to you chest and hook wirs up to them. They just stick their hand under your shirt. It only takes about 1 minute. There is nothing to it!

:biggrin: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you - You have made my day!!! You don't know how much I was dreading this because I thought I might have to get naked!

Thanks!

I had to take my shirt and bra off and put on a paper gown but my bottom wasn't naked at all.

I had to take everything off but my undies and put on a paper gown. (I had on long pants and they stick some of the sensors to your legs too)

well I guess every doctor is different. I have had many EKG and never had to take my clothes off. as long as it is just your shirt then that wont be so bad!

I had to take my shirt off, but left my bra on. I was covered by a paper gown that opened towards the front. They stuck the Patches on both my chest and my legs. Boy was I glad I had shaved my legs that morning, lol!

i just had to lift my shirt up...and gave the 20 something year old kid access to "the goods" lol

Note to self: Shave legs just in case...wear nice undies...LOL

I am going to wear a button up shirt and shorts...to try and get out of having my clothes off.

Here is something crazy....what I fear most about the actual surgery time (other than not waking up) is that I know...I am going to be naked as a Jaybird for all the room to see....I hope they have Zofran or something for nausea for the staff to take before they unveil this chick! Wonder if they cover our "goods" up that they won't be working on? This is insane of me I know...but I just am soooo not wanting to be naked any time soon for anyone LOL!

WVGal33...I'm a nursing student. Trust me, no one cares AT ALL what you look like naked...except from a health care aspect. And if your surgeon has done lap band patients for awhile, I'm SURE they've seen "worse", "better", and everything in between.

For my ecg I didn't have to undress....but it is painless and fast if they do want you to put on a gown.

I have had more than one and never had to undress at all. They just went under my shirt and under my pants leg. It was nothing like I was expecting at all. Very painless procedure. :thumbdown:

I use to be an EKG techinician in the ER and at the most they may make you take off your shirt and put on a gown. They will put six small Patches on your chest and then one on each leg and arm. All they have to do is get to your ankles so don't worry about ehat you wear. Good luck!

Geeze I wonder why I had to take my bra off too...The pants I know, because I had dress slacks and nylons on but why the bra???. Not only did I have to undress but the paper gown was too small to completely cover my breasts and the NP kept having to go in and out of the examining room to retrieve the printout of my EKG (the first one didn't take) so I had to worry about someone walking by with my lying there exposed. :thumbup:

Also, WVgal. If they haven't told you, don't wear lotion...they didn't tell me and they had a heck of a time getting the sensors to stick, had to do a lot of alcohol swabbing to get it off.

Sometimes, depending on how blessed some women are, the bra just has to come off. Two of the electrodes have to be placed in between your breast and if they are pushed together from your bra it is just impossible. The other four follow the breast line under your left breast so just sometimes the bra has to come off.

Makes sense Jaymie, thanks; pre-op I was a 40D.

But I am getting smaller...I'm down to a 36C now!!!