Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAZZUP JACKSONVILLE?! (can I get a whoop whoop)

Hey all, this is the introductions page, so here I am. Delurking...

I am 18 years old, 5' 5.5", 250lb, and I live in NE Florida. I have finished all of my consultation appt's, and my insurance packet was just sent out a few days ago (I think). My surgery date isn't set yet... I'm nervous, but I'm excited! I've done a lot of research.

I will either be using Dr. Cywes or Dr. Baptista for my surgery, and I've been going to Jacksonville Weight Loss Center. Anybody recommend one over the other, as far as surgical skill & convenience of fills?

I was a skinny kid, but from when I was 12 years old, my weight just keeps eeking and eeking up; at my heaviest I was 265lb. I can look at myself and know I'm really built on a slim frame and I'm not meant to be "thick", but someone who doesn't know me wouldn't guess by looking at me. Sad, sad, sad state of affairs. I've pretty much been on-and-off dieting since then, too, so here I am!

I really want to make this work. I don't have any serious (read: can't grin and bear it) health complications associated with my weight that I know of other than chronic fatigue, joint/back pain, and possibly Migraines? Actually, written down that's pretty bad. I'm just used to it day in and day out! That's... depressing. Also, even within my immediate/nuclear family, and extended on both sides, my relatives have some pretty severe health issues associated with their weights, and I'd like to lower my risk factor for those as well.

Also, this is just, like, the nerdiness and desperation for height in me reeeeaching out, but has anybody gained a few inches upwards from less spinal compression??

Wow, that was... long. ...I also like chocolates, roses, and long walks on the beach and I'm an Aries. :redface:

Hey! I"m in Southeast Ga so we are pretty close to each other. I had my lapband 2 years ago and I just joined this forum yesterday. Good luck with your surgery and know that you are making the right decision to get healthy at a young age.

I had Dr. Baptista do my surgery. Both Dr's are great. It depends on what day of the week as to what surgeon you get and who does your fills. I had my surgery on May 27, 2008 and so far have lost 50lbs. Good luck with your journey!

Lorraine

I live in Jacksonville, and am just starting my journey. I'm 19, and I know where you're coming from. Good luck, keep us posted!

hi!!! I live off of Phillips HWY and my surgery is Nov. 24th!! Im sure you probably had your surgery already, how did it go?

weight.png

Hey, how did I miss this introduction when it was originally posted? Anyways, welcome to all of my fellow Jacksonville neighbors.

Hi, I'm from Jacksonville too! Wow, there are a lot of us around. I am being banded next Wednesday, 11/19, and I am so very ready! I've been overweight for a very long time. I'm excited!!!

Hello,

I live in Jacksonville area also. My doctor was Dr. Cywes. I just love going to him. He takes the time to listen to all my concerns. I was banded April 21, 2008. Good luck on your journey.