Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my husband is on some what of a pre opt diet. He is only suppose to have 3 carbs for Breakfast. I wasn't there to ask about having eggs. Do any of you have any suggestions for breakfast? What are you eating?

After I got to good restriction, I found that eggs (especially scrambled) created real problems for me. So be careful, I've heard several other people say that they can no longer eat scrambled eggs. I had a terrible experience with them once and haven't eaten them since.

eggs were really successful for me. I used Costco's brand of egg beaters, which aren't quite as good a real eggs, but certainly acceptable. I would make an omlet, using a teaspoon of perhaps tomatoes, one of chopped mushrooms, one of shredded cheese, one of bell pepper....any low carb (although I wasn't restricted to a certain number of carbs) veggie. You might want to use one egg and one-quarter cup of egg substitute. It is a few more calories because of the fat in the yolk, but it is a bit better, to.

Have you tried cottage cheese? It was good in a pinch, too. I use it for lunch a lot.

Good luck...

I don't often like to eat eggs either. For some reason I just can't chew them enough no matter what. I used to LOVE hard boiled eggs and I find those are even worse than scrambled. My dad makes the best omletes too so I was bummed. Before having the band, I find salsa better for flavor than cheese and you can get less calories. You don't always have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. Most breakfast things are high in sugars and carbs or fat.

I don't often like to eat eggs either. For some reason I just can't chew them enough no matter what. I used to LOVE hard boiled eggs and I find those are even worse than scrambled. My dad makes the best omletes too so I was bummed. Before having the band, I find salsa better for flavor than cheese and you can get less calories. You don't always have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. Most breakfast things are high in sugars and carbs or fat.

Well, I'm new to this, was just banded three weeks ago so I am still on the pureed foods, but you said to use salsa because of lower calories than cheese~~~well, I don't see how you get very many calories eating as little as we eat. My doctor told me that for right now I don't have to worry with calories, how many calories do you get when you go to solid foods? And, I have always been told when on diets in the past that if you cut your calories too much your body thinks you are in starvation mode and your body holds on to everything and you won't lose, is that the case with the band? This site has been so informative, please, please, please keep the information coming!

I don't cut my calories. I just use them in different ways. I get all the nutrients I need. i pay a lot of attention to calories for my own sake. It is possible to eat around your band like they say. If i allow myself a certain amount of calories a day, than i make sure I don't eat around my band. I am 11 months post op so my body is a lot different from yours by now. When it comes time, you will have to count something. What you choose to count is your decision. I count calories. On days that I exercise I eat more. On days that I don't get a chance, I eat less. But i have learned by now how to read my body. I'm pretty sure it hasn't gone into starvation mode in months. I just makes sure I don't eat more than 400 calories in one sitting. That is a personal choice.

Plus cheese makes me kind of constipated now that I am eating 3 seperate meals in one day that I would have eaten in one meal before.

Most of the time I do not even eat Breakfast for breakfast.. if that makes sense lol.

I have diced pieces of lean meats or veggies, I eat alot of Protein shake, Avacados, fish, poultry, red meat, low-fat cheese (cottage cheese, feta, mozzarella, Muenster), eggs, and tofu,leafy green vegetables, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, eggplant, zucchini, green Beans, asparagus, celery, cucumber, mushrooms. All of these are higher in Protein and low in carbs.

Mix and match!