Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

In case you missed my other post...it wasn't a sonic boom you heard early this morning, it was my scream of joy! I broke my plateau......a half a pound. Yes indeedy, I lost 1/2 a pound after 5 tortuous weeks.

Yeah Me!!!

Hi all, thanks for your welcome! I know I have been MIA... sorry about that. It's been obvious that its affected me for the worse.

I have good news to report. I have lost 2.5 pounds over the weekend. I am back on the right path and it will only continue. I started my South Beach eating plan Phase I yesterday and did perfectly good. I did get a few cravings during the day but quickly pushed them out of my head. Ah, I am such a good girl!

The South Beach eating plan calls for no carbs.. not even fruit for the first two weeks (Phase I). I am stretching this phase for an extra week. I can already feel a difference after only one day. I feel great!

Now I just have to get back on my rigid workout routine. I've kept up on it regardless, just not my normal hour and a half per day. I've been doing more like 30 minutes 5 days per week. Not enough for me, my body is used to more.

Well, I will check in again really soon. Congrats to all who are succeeding right now. :biggrin:

:thumbup: I'm happy for you ms. Tapshoes.

Thanks RSG! How are you doing?

Ummmm, do you suppose since it took 5 weeks to lose a half a pound, the weight gods/forces/mothernature/whatever will allow me to lose a little weight every week for 5 weeks? Or is that too much to ask/beg/plead???

I just found this thread and boy can I relate to what ya'll are saying....I have been the same weight for almost 4months...give or take a lb hear and a lb there. I too am ready to jump off this plateau. I have recently started going back to the gym, and there are no more Snacks in my house and there will be no more snacks allowed in my house. I want these last 15-20lbs. off once and for all!

I lost a lb yesterday and I am determined to keep them coming off.

Well, on that note, I'm gonna go get ready to go to the gym. Wish me luck everyone! Joanie :thumbup:)

Yay, Tapshoes! I'm so happy for you. May the trend continue.

My weigh-in is tomorrow. I'm hoping for two more pounds, for a total of 90 lost. Please, please, please, please. . .

So Happyshiny - was the scale your friend today?

slowmover - good for you! Hit the gym and keep your place snack-free.

I did my first of the 3 extra exercise events for this week last night. 1 down, 2 to go. As silly as it seems, knowing that I will be posting that I have done (or not) my extra exercise is really helping keep me going. This accountability thread is working for me. Thanks RSG!

Okay, I'm down 3 pounds from last week but still have 2 more to go to get back to where I was. I think those 3 were Water cause I felt that go away. Working hard here to get those back off and mad as can be at myself for doing it in the first place. It's hard enough to lose them and I really don't want to have to lose them twice. I think it was a lesson I needed. You know when you go back to something just to make sure it wasn't what you wanted. Not sure how much sense I'm making this morning but, oh well, need coffee and a lot less stress.

I'm going to try to keep posting at my normal rate just to keep some part of my life normal but if I don't it's cause my husband is back in the hospital and I'll be spending a lot of time there without a computer. They do have some computers in the family room but I don't see myself going down there much.

Keep up the good fight guys. This really is a battle we can win.

slowmover - good for you! Hit the gym and keep your place snack-free!

Thanks, I'm fixin to go workout in a little bit...I actually went twice yesterday. I went back with my husband after he got home from work.

We have no Snacks in the house now, and I am glad since I was on the search for something to snack on last night. I know if I can start dropping a few more lbs it will be easier to stay on track. I am very determined to get these last lbs off.....NOW!!!!!

Joanie :thumbdown:

Okay, I'm down 3 pounds from last week but still have 2 more to go to get back to where I was. I think those 3 were Water cause I felt that go away. Working hard here to get those back off and mad as can be at myself for doing it in the first place. It's hard enough to lose them and I really don't want to have to lose them twice. I think it was a lesson I needed. You know when you go back to something just to make sure it wasn't what you wanted. Not sure how much sense I'm making this morning but, oh well, need coffee and a lot less stress.

I'm going to try to keep posting at my normal rate just to keep some part of my life normal but if I don't it's cause my husband is back in the hospital and I'll be spending a lot of time there without a computer. They do have some computers in the family room but I don't see myself going down there much.

Keep up the good fight guys. This really is a battle we can win.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband being in the hospital. I hope it's nothing serious. :thumbdown:(if you have previously told why I missed it)

Good luck to both of you in any case.

Joanie :cursing:)

Ezma - I'm sorry to hear your husband is back in the hospital. Keeping on the 'straight and narrow' is difficult at the best of times; during stressful times it is more challenging/ My thoughts and prayers are with you and DH.

Shiny/skinny/happy - Do you suppose there is a cosmic force that tries to keep a steady weight on the earth, so if one person loses another must gain??? I know your frustration, and hope it gives you strength to fight on....

slowmover - working out 2X in one day? Man, you are motivated! Congratulations on that, and keep up the effort.

As for me, I did the 2nd of the 3 additional EE (exercise events) last night. Two down, one more to go.

Keep up the efforts everyone! Report in, and let's support each other.

Today is my official weigh day, but I can't weigh in the morning cause it's my fill day too (yay) hopefully this one will give me that magic restriction you guys keep talking about.

So it will probably be up since it won't be in the morning and I have all my clothes on...I wonder if they will let me strip to weigh?

But either way maybe the fill will put me down. I really really hope so.

it's my fill day too (yay) hopefully this one will give me that magic restriction you guys keep talking about.

I really really hope so.

I hope so too, RSG.