Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

OK VVs...what's been happening with each of YOUR particular addictions?

On holidays I was very very good...I think I had maybe 2 oz of nuts on 3 or 4 occasions - and 2 of those were part of my lunch while in assorted airports. BTW - finding bandfriendly, healthy and reasonably priced food when stuck in an airport can be a challenge!!

My band was MOSTLY my friend over the business trip and holiday. I do hate that not only am I a slow loser, I am also a slow LEARNER - I have to relearn the 'day after flight' lesson every single time. The first day after each flight was difficult - and although many report no problems with flying and band tightness, my experiences (repeated several times) are different. A longer flight = tightness for a day or so. But overall, no particular problems.

As my sister is a health-nut, small portions, healthy food, lots of Water, and lots of exercise was easy to do. She and her family live that way, and therefore made my challenges few and far between.

So, how is everyone else doing?

I'm working on it. I did have an icecream slip, but it was my TOM so I don't feel so bad.

This morning I had a nectarine and for lunch I packed some deli chicken, 2 slices of provolone and another nectarine.

Hopefully for supper I can convince myself to have a ww meal.

In fact I was thinking about joining weight watchers...what do you think?

Well, this weekend was a bust!! How is it that I can be a good bandster on business trips and vacation, but the first weekend I back home, I blow it??? GGGRRRRRR!!!:mad2::confused:

Saturday wasn't too bad, but 2 servings of Pasta for supper was NOT a good decision. However I did do alot of housework etc, so I'm not too worried about the total calories in, just the desire/capacity to have seconds of ANYTHING!

However, Sunday was a disaster....I had company for dinner, and had made my usual selection of Desserts (remember, I do NOT have a sweet tooth, so these don't bother me). Anyway, for some reason completely unknown to me, I had a piece of carrot cake (with cream cheese icing naturally) for dessert - I NEVER eat desserts! What on earth came over me?!?!?!?! Then I had another one before going to bed...........I'm possessed, that must be it! There is no other rational explanation!!!

BAH!:):angry::eek::angry:

I can't get enough chocolate. I fight it every day, but what I really want to do is sit down with a bag of Hershey's kisses and eat myself sick on them. Usually I have a couple pieces of chocolate a day, but for some reason ever since the blasted holidays I want way more than I allow myself. I guess the difference is that I'm not giving into the enormity of this particular craving.

I may have to make a nut resolution, because I have discovered how much I love cashews. Yummy.

mmmmm - cashews!!!! Stop it now, Shiny....don't let the taste of cashews draw you into the abyss of a nut addiction!

I was much better yesterday - although there was still cake left, it didn't tempt me. So, my calorie intake was a little more normal (but probably still mre than it should have been given I had 2 servings of granola). Why does food taste good? If food tasted horrible, living a bandster lifestyle would be easier!:laugh:

lets not talk of tasty things. I start thinking about how I love nuts in my icecream....

Tapshoes...what is the absolutely worst food you have ever tasted? What about you, Shiny? What are some of the foods you just can't stomach?

Mine-

Worst food ever- Big John's Pork and Beans. I cannot stand these. If someone is eating them I gag. My dad once made me taste them and I threw up all over the place.

Other foods I can't stand- believe it or not, I hate brownies. The smell of them make me sick. And Doritios, and carrots. I hate carrots.

Interesting question, RSG. I cannot abide the smell, taste, texture of chocolate. That's why I can bake alot and not (usually) care to taste test, as most desserts involve choc of some sort. Let's see, what else: cooked spinach by itself (cooked in a lasagna or something is ok, but on the plate by itself its like green slime); oysters; internal organs (brain, liver, heart, gizzards, etc); milk (I love milk products - ice cream, yogurt, cheese etc, but just plain milk - ick! Even on my Cereal, I put yogurt on it, not milk).

I have a snack pac of baby carrots for lunch...sorry RSG!

Carrots don't have a bad smell, they just taste weird. :confused:

I looooove chocolate. You have no idea. A deep dark fancy chocolate and a glass of rosa regale and I will be so so happy.

Carrots have a weird taste??? hmmm..I have to think about that.

Some foods have weird textures - oysters,mussels etc. The taste is fine, but it is the texture that turns me off....like chewing green garbage bags!

I like the addition of the goals to your signature...maybe I need to do something similar.........

mmmmm - cashews!!!! Stop it now, Shiny....don't let the taste of cashews draw you into the abyss of a nut addiction!

Why does food taste good? If food tasted horrible, living a bandster lifestyle would be easier!:confused:

LOL, okay the nut thing. It must be in the air... is it a year out thing?

...and if food didn't taste good, by golly I think this band thing would have to come out. I almost feel like I can't live without mine. I almost freak with the thought of losing mine. I know I'd gain my weight back, and then some!

I can't get enough chocolate. I fight it every day, but what I really want to do is sit down with a bag of Hershey's kisses and eat myself sick on them. Usually I have a couple pieces of chocolate a day, but for some reason ever since the blasted holidays I want way more than I allow myself. I guess the difference is that I'm not giving into the enormity of this particular craving.

I may have to make a nut resolution, because I have discovered how much I love cashews. Yummy.

:w00t::lol: I'm like that with those danged Doritos. I try to go without them for as long as I can, then next thing I know I'm polishing off a bag... *sigh*

Yes I've tried the Portion Control thing with them. Doesn't work. They are by far my trigger food. In a major way.

lets not talk of tasty things. I start thinking about how I love nuts in my icecream....

Tapshoes...what is the absolutely worst food you have ever tasted? What about you, Shiny? What are some of the foods you just can't stomach?

Mine-

Worst food ever- Big John's Pork and Beans. I cannot stand these. If someone is eating them I gag. My dad once made me taste them and I threw up all over the place.

Other foods I can't stand- believe it or not, I hate brownies. The smell of them make me sick. And Doritios, and carrots. I hate carrots.

For me one thing I remember to this day is when I was young my Mom made some chicken & dumplings. The smell was making me so ill! Then I was forced to eat them or eat nothing at all. Well I tossed them all night long. So, never again! The smell still gets to me to this day. Needless to say my Mom never forced me to eat them anymore! She had to clean up the mess! ROFL!! In fact, I don't think she's made them since. :tt1::lol:

Interesting question, RSG. I cannot abide the smell, taste, texture of chocolate. That's why I can bake alot and not (usually) care to taste test, as most desserts involve choc of some sort. Let's see, what else: cooked spinach by itself (cooked in a lasagna or something is ok, but on the plate by itself its like green slime); oysters; internal organs (brain, liver, heart, gizzards, etc); milk (I love milk products - ice cream, yogurt, cheese etc, but just plain milk - ick! Even on my cereal, I put yogurt on it, not milk).

Carrots have a weird taste??? hmmm..I have to think about that.

Some foods have weird textures - oysters,mussels etc. The taste is fine, but it is the texture that turns me off....like chewing green garbage bags!

I like the addition of the goals to your signature...maybe I need to do something similar.........

Everything I bolded I just love. My Grandfather used to fork me mouthfuls of cold can spinach when I was super small. I still remember that, and now when I open a can I always have to take that "cold bite". I LOVE IT!! :w00t:

Oysters and Mussels. No thanks. Never tried it, never will.

LOL, okay the nut thing. It must be in the air... is it a year out thing?

My Grandfather used to fork me mouthfuls of cold can spinach when I was super small. I still remember that, and now when I open a can I always have to take that "cold bite". I LOVE IT!! :confused:

Oysters and Mussels. No thanks. Never tried it, never will.

Nuts nuts nuts...have always been, and will continue to be a MAJOR contributor to my weight - love 'em. Have downed entire costco sized bags of nuts in one sitting (in my fat past). About June of last year I made the commitment to once a week one serving...It's been a challenge, sometimes a losing battle. But I'm better (with my occasional lapses of strength and determination). But still, anytime I am munchie, or craving a food, it is nuts that call my name....

Um, spinach can come in a can?? I've never seen that; and would probably gag if I did! I'm a farmer's daughter -veggies are fresh, or stored if possible (root veg in particular), or at the very last resort frozen. But in a can? (Exception: canned tomatoes if I have used up all the ones I jarred the previous fall).

oysters, mussels - you have to TRY new foods before you discount them entirely. I must admit though, for both of those, I had to close my eyes to eat them - the look was disgusting!

So, this thread has been inactive, but I'll just start it up again! (MY sister says I was ALWAYS starting things....not me, Mom, it was her!:lunch:)...anyway, I avoided the demon nuts for most of the weekend and week so far - just one small lapse yesterday...and only about 6 peanuts. Wish I could say it was because I was being responsible/accountable, but nope, it was because DH brought something else to me to eat to distract me....he has his moments!

Continuing in my monologue....

Last night I was not so good....:w00t::thumbup::lol:

I had not one, but 2 cans of chickpeas...do you know how many calories are in chickpeas?? 1c = 270cal. How many cups are in 1 large can? 2? So, I had 4 cups or 1080 in ONE sitting!

This means I had almost my entire day's intake of calories at the end of the day...after having my regular meals.

I think I am beyond hope/redemption...........

((((((((tap))))))))

We will do this together.

I'm not even going to go there. You know you would die if you knew how I've been acting right now.

Today, so far so good. One day at a time!

I've been struggling with volume eating (see previous post), but I do not want to immediately get a fill. My doc is of the opinion that you HAVE to retrain your thinking; yes, the band is there to help, but you have to make some effort yourself. So, I have been - for the last week or so trying to curtail my volumes with will power, distraction, and the band. BUT, I think it will be time for another SMALL fill - Im at a slight defill from 7 weeks ago, so I won't get a huge fill - being too tight is NOT pleasant.

However, on the plus side, I did avoid both nuts andpeanut butter this last few days....but the hawaiian granola DH bought is calling my name....