Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

Crystal - I'm right there with you. I'm so afraid that this is all I'm going to lose. I know it's not because I'm really determined to lose more. It is something I'm fearing though. I wonder if it's a normal stage for us. I know there's a lot of talk about the weight loss tapering off at 6 months. I just hope it kicks back in. I know I tapered off when I finally hit the half way point and I'm praying that is the problem here.

Lil - how's the South Beach going for you? There's a few of us starting it on Monday. I know I'm craving a nice drop in weight like you had. Please, please, please, let it happen to me.

Crystal, I feel your pain! I was 6 weeks without budging, then I lost 1/2 pound, then week 8 another half pound, then week 9 - I jumped UP (the weight jumped, and then I did in sheer frustration!). Although I think my restriction is fine, I'm seeing the doc on monday - there is something just not right. I have been faithfully watching and journalling what I eat, doing my exercise, drinking my Water, not eating slider foods, and still I am now heavier than I was 9 weeks ago....

Speaking of exercise, I went to the Y this morning and did 45 min on the cycle and worked out upper body.

Yep, I'm fearing this is all I'll lose too. But if it is, I'll just have to learn to be happy with it. I'm at the weight I met my hubby at. I worry more about the expectations of other people in my life wondering why I'm not losing anymore. But, I can't let that bother me. I'm going to call to get a fill and see what I can come up with at the last minute. They usually have cancellations for last minute callers.

I walked 10 miles yesterday...that's the distance to and from my clinic from the train station. It was a BRISK walk as it is COLD...gloves and coat on!

Tapshoes you are doing amazing. 10 miles. wow.

Ezma I hope that I haven't tapered off considering I haven't lost but 1/3 of the amount of weight I want. Not to be at my recommended bmi but just to be at my goal.

As much as is possible I try to add in some extra walking or something - there is this accountability thread where I post my exercise, and I always fear that if I don't do something I will miss my self-imposed requirements! I had the time, so I just walked to the clinic, and when I got home I figured out the mileage...bless Googlemaps!

Official what's my weight day.

Somehow, Someway, I am three lbs down.

:)

Whoo hoo! That is great, RSG! After a long struggle, it seems that the scale is your new best friend... I am so pleased for you!

Thank you tapshoes. I have been waiting and fighting and crying, but maybe it's finally working.

Just another little victory. With those three lbs I have a BMI lower than 50 finally.

I'm pretty happy about it.

I forgot to check in yesterday, even forgot it was my official weekly weigh day, so here it is--I lost 3 pounds this week! 211 was yesterday's weight, and I'm down one more today, at 210. So the fill is working and the South Beach plan can't be hurting too much either. Yay for numbers going down.

congrats RSG - That is a great achievement....now, on to the next one!

Yeah Shinyhappy! You will soon break that 200 barrier!

I'm on my way to the Y this morning - and whatever I do, it will be the third of my self-imposed extra exercise events for the week. I REALLY want the scale to finally move on Monday - between the miniscule fill of this week and doing lots of extra walking etc, it has just GOTTA move, right???

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you Tap. In fact, I'm over here making Jeannie head nods and Samantha nose wiggles. Somethings gotta get ya over the hump.

I'll report my weight loss on Monday too. It's been a good week for me since the scale is finally moving again.

Monday morning weigh in - I'm up .6 from yesterday but down a total of 3.6 from last Monday. Not quite the 10 pounds that Lil had in a week but very respectable and I'm so happy to have it going down again.

Exercise has been going as planned. I'm doing my 18 minute aerobic workout and a 20 minute walk each day. Not quite to the 45 minute total I was aiming for but very close. As soon as it gets a bit cooler during the day I'll add another 10 minute walk on my break.

How's everyone else doing?