Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability

For the VV's who recall my trials with nuts, since my fill 2 weeks ago I have had MAYBE 2 handful of nuts in total....what a difference!! And I think that is mostly responsible for the weight loss - after 3 months of mostly 'holding my own' in the battle with the scale, it moved...finally! Although the only 'true' scale is the one at the clinic, I have been using the one at the Y as my weekly checkpoint, and today it was down...YAHOO!

I love my band!

Tap- Are nuts terrible? If so I am bummed because I love pistacios (sp?). I know why I pb so much. I eat really fast because I always have stuff to get done and dont take time to eat like a "normal" person. I know it when I am doing it. That is the bad part.

Does anyone else dread going for a fill and weighing at the doctor? The little tiny nutritionist lady always makes me feel like crap for not losing more! I have an appointment this Friday and I am not at all looking forward to it.

I love reading everyone's journey. Thanks you guys for being so open. I cant believe that I actually put a number on my weight here because it has always been a "secret"!

Anyway thanks for sharing!:w00t:

Hi Ladies! I hope everybody enjoyed a relaxing weekend. I didn't lose any weight this week, holding firm at 141. I ate quite a few Wheat Thins yesterday during the day, so I suspect a bit of Water retention. Will try to flush it out today and tomorrow with extra fluids.

I'm having a love affair right now with mashed potatoes. I didn't even eat them very often before the surgery, but I've been craving them for 2 weeks now. I ate some yesterday, and have promised myself NO MORE!!!

I'm stronger than my cravings . . . I'm stronger than my cravings :tongue:

Tap- Are nuts terrible? If so I am bummed because I love pistacios (sp?). I know why I pb so much. I eat really fast because I always have stuff to get done and dont take time to eat like a "normal" person. I know it when I am doing it. That is the bad part.

Does anyone else dread going for a fill and weighing at the doctor? The little tiny nutritionist lady always makes me feel like crap for not losing more!

Nuts in moderation are NOT bad at all - good source of Protein, and a good fat. However, whilst some people have a sweet tooth and crave chocolates or sugar, my particular addiction is nuts of any kind. I would sit with a big bag of any nuts from costco and eat it...no stopping. So while others restrict their ice cream to once a week, or bread or whatever, for me, I have had to restrict the nuts.

Knowing what your weakness is, is half the battle. Slow down, and chew chew chew!!!

I'm stronger than my cravings . . . I'm stronger than my cravings :tongue:

And say it again and again and again....

The scale moved again today - however,could it be because I managed to keep next to nothing down this weekend???

My lovely tightness of the last 2 weeks seems to have morphed into TOO tight! I am going to see what happens today, and if I can't eat today the back to the clinic I go and get a slight unfill....rats. It means losing a day of work, a train ticket into and back to town, AND of course the cost of the defill too...............arggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

And Im heading for business meetings next week, and then on to California to thaw for a holiday. I cannot afford the time or the money for an unfill!!!!

Hang in there Tapshoes! Our journey isn't easy, but it's worth it. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today. When it's my TOM I get tight to the point of considering a slight unfill, but the feeling passes within a few days.

Hi Ladies. How is everybody doing? I've been struggling with the same two pounds for a few weeks. I've finally managed to get ahead and made my Valentine's Day goal! Five pounds to get to my bandiversary goal. I have about 2 months to get there. The weight loss has really slowed down in the past month.

Any ideas on a way to get my body back in gear? Aside from extra exercise that is!!! Clearly I know that would be a big help, but I'm just not motivated.

Tara - It's good to read your blog again. Thanks for getting back to that. It's fun to read about your success.

Tapshoes - Did you have to get a slight unfill?

I am booked for a slight unfill on Thursday. That gives my body today and tomorrow to settle down, and the way it is tightening I don't think that is going to happen! It is almost as if since Saturday it is getting tighter every day - and that's NOT good, nor comfortable. I am hoping that the fill nurse removes 1/2 of what she put in, so that I am not as open as beofre, but not as tight as now....picky, aren't ?

So, unless a miracle occurs tonight or tomorrow, Thursday is unfill so that next week I can be on holiday but not in pain!!!

PS. I will be missing out on a great birthday meal 'cause I can't eat it!! Oh well, next year........

Shiny - Congrats on making it to onederland!!! I just read your blog, which is very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing your successes and problems. It helps to see what has worked for somebody and what hasn't.

TapShoes - Good luck with the slight unfill. Stand strong and don't let the doctor's office bully you in to taking too much out. My doctor tried to do that, saying he didn't want to be bothered with such small changes. I told him, thanks for all your help, I'll need a copy of my file for my new doctor. Suddenly he was willing to work with me a bit more to find my sweet spot! I hope you have a great birthday and lots of fun on your holiday.

Thanks for the b-day greeting...sadly I spent it in agony, as I was reduced to just tea and Water getting through. Today I can't get even those down....and it is tomorrow in a clinic 3 hours away where I get my unfill. I don't know how to get through until then...I stayed home from work, and am trying to sip hot water, but it isn't working...any other ideas??

TapShoes - I hope you get immediate relief with your slight unfill. I've never been so filled I have trouble with hot Water, so I don't have any ideas. Please let us know how your doctor visit went.

UPDATE: Well, I have relief! Unfortunately they had to take out more than I wanted, but the swelling in my stomach was so bad, they had no choice.

I remained on fluids yesterday, and today I am back to soft foods. Normally my doc has you back on regular foods the next day, but given the state of distress of my stomach, I was advised to take it easy for 2, even 3 days if I could.

So, until I return from holidays, I will be on a fight with my mind and body to keep the calories LOW, and we all know that I tend to lose those battles!!!!

I am stronger than my cravings, Tap whiimpers....

Dear TapShoes - I'm glad you're feeling better. You are stronger than your cravings! I hope you have such a good time on holiday that you barely think about making time to eat!! And when you return from holiday you will be well rested and ready to get back on schedule again. Enjoy yourself!