Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats the best bc pills for pcos bandsters

ive been on yaz almost a year and im ready to change it ..my periods are more irregular now than they have been in a while so im thinking its time to move on to something better ...:thumbup:

I have PCOS and right now I'm on trinessa (generic for ortho-tricyclen). I was on seasonique before that and at first didn't like it but at the end I LOVED it! I had to switch because my insurance doesn't cover it and it's kind of expensive $60for a 3 month pack. With seasonique you have a period every 3 months. However, if my pcos goes away with weight loss(keeping fingers crossed) my husband is going to get the big V so I won't have to take anything!! YAY! Lets hope!

It is very possible Carley! I was never on BCP for PCOS; my endocrinologist treats PCOS with Glucophage. But I stopped taking the Glucophage during my liqid pre-op because I was not eating enough to take it. After surgery I couldn't swallow the pills, they were extended release so I couldn't break them up, so I decided to wait a few weeks for my already scheduled 6-month visit with my endo to see what else I could take. My cycle started about a week and a half post-op even after not taking my medication for a month and so far I am having 28-day cycles w/o meds. I go back to the Endo in November for bloodwork just to make sure but he thinks that my PCOS is already in remission!

It is very possible Carley! I was never on BCP for PCOS; my endocrinologist treats PCOS with Glucophage. But I stopped taking the Glucophage during my liqid pre-op because I was not eating enough to take it. After surgery I couldn't swallow the pills, they were extended release so I couldn't break them up, so I decided to wait a few weeks for my already scheduled 6-month visit with my endo to see what else I could take. My cycle started about a week and a half post-op even after not taking my medication for a month and so far I am having 28-day cycles w/o meds. I go back to the Endo in November for bloodwork just to make sure but he thinks that my PCOS is already in remission!

That is so awesome! I really hope that happens to me! There is no telling how long I have actually had it. My PCP was treating the insulin resistance, but she doesn't do any of my GYN work so she was trying to figure out why I was having insulin issues. I haven't told her about the PCOS yet.

I take Yaz, solely for cycle control (dh has had a v). I take 2 packs minus the *period* pills and then take them on the 3rd pack. So far so good although I am going to give it a run minus the pills as soon as I finish my current pack. Hopefully the weightloss has helped and if not, I will start them again.

I take yasmin, but i might be switching soon to a higher hormone level bc.. because my gyn. thinks my periods are to heavy and that a higher dose of hormone will help it to be lighter and should help me with my extreme cramps... i have never seen an endocrinologist for my problem..

thx everyone im gonna try yasmin for a little while

....ive been on it about a week and im so swollen

whats up with that

my feet are all puffy