Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!!! Losing those last 20 pounds...

OK, I am getting fed up!!! I have 20 pounds left until I hit my goal...huge accomplishment I know. The problem is, the scale has STOPPED moving. The whole summer I have been in the same 2-3 pound range.

I am stepping up the cardio and the Protein again, but is there any other way to get the scale moving down again?!? :thumbup::confused::confused: I want to be at goal by Thanksgiving, so that I can have my TT before the end of the year. I think that insurance will pay, and I have already met my deductible.

ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Being only 2 months banded I can't really say much. But here's an idea. What about back to lapband basics? Making sure your getting all your liquids and doing some days of liquids only (aka, Protein shakes). Just an idea.

Its hard isnt it? I dont complain a lot about it on here because I am afterall at a perfectly healthy BMI. But I'm currently 70kg, occasionally I dip as low as 68.5. My real true goal that I never really told anyone coz everyone always bangs on about being realistic and not getting "too skinny" medical professionals included, was 65kg. I just CANT get there. I've been slightly overfilled in an attempt, now I'm unfilled a bit and having to work quite hard to stay where I am at 70.

I'm doing Lite N Easy for a few weeks - that's a 1200 calorie a day home delivered program. Its the only thing that always worked for me. At this point I need strict calorie control and whilst I'm a good, healthy eater, I absolutely suck at measuring, counting and weighing and depriving myself. To have it all sitting there, and that's what I eat and nothing else works brilliantly for me, even when I was fat (I just regained every time I went off it!). So this is my last ditch all out attempt to get to 65kg. If this doesnt work, I vow to accept my perfectly healthy 70kg for once and for all.

I figure I'm unfilled enough now to actually eat all the food and if I find it hard to maintain the loss (if I lose any, lol) then I will have a teeny fill since 5kg or so will make a big difference on my body now, certainly enough to loosen me up substantially.

What will probably happen is that I wont look any better, I'll just look saggier!

I feel your pain. I keep stalling out now from time to time. However, I can get the scale moving again only if I keep changing up my routine.

I have been doing some calorie switching to try and keep my body losing and it has been working for me. I might have a couple of days at 1100-1300 and then a super low day of 650-850. I keep cycling sporadically and it has been breaking my plateaus, but I don't know if it will keep working forever since I am very close to goal.

I also exercise regularly with a minimum 30 minutes a day, but I do throw in a power-day or two every once in a while where I might get in 2-3 hours worth.

I found the only way for me to keep losing at this point is to change the routine repeatedly. My routine now is to have a non-routine . . . and it is working :0).