Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so excited! and I just can't hide it.....

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!!!! (thank you Donna Summer!) Guess what I got in the mail today..... a pre-approval letter from MESSa my insurance carrier, and I am

APPROVED!!!!!!! now I just have to wait for all my doctor appointments to catch up with the office and a date will be set. Oh my God!!!and by the way thank you God!!! Now I'm feeling a little nervous because it is becomming real not just an idea I am kicking around. Help me my band sisters and brothers, I am this close ready to take the jump and I need a push!!!!

GO GO GO!!! JUMP STARBRIGHT!!!!! THAT BAND IN YOUR BELLY WILL BE LIKE A BUNGIE CORD!!! JUST BEFORE YOU HIT THE BOTTOM, IT WILL SNAP YOU RIGHT BACK TO THE TOP!!!! YOU WILL BE BACK INTO SHAPE, YOU WILL HAVE MORE ENERGY, YOUR MOODS WILL ENHANCE! YOU WILL LOOK/FEEL SEXIER THAN YOU EVER DID IN YOUR LIFE....IT WILL HELP YOU LIVE SOOO MUCH HEALTHIER......YOU CAN GO AND BUY A WHOLE NEW WARDROBE (yes it all does revolve around a shopping trip for me)....YOU WILL ADD YEARS TO YOUR LIFE...AND ABOVE ALL...YOU ARE FINALLY DOING SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS STAR!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Big shove from me! You can do it! Just remember, when you think it's some kind of wierd, freaky, lonely, stupid-thing-to-do, crazy journey, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! All of us other freakazoids are doing it right along with you. And slowly but surely we are hitting milestones and reaching our goals. You have LBT and all these nice folks here. WE know what you are going through, WE have the resources , experience, advice you need to be able to handle your journey. You are NOT alone! There are lots of other boards out there that are great, probably a great local suport group for you, too, but there is NO way I could be doing this without LBT.

Go, Star, go!! It really is happening!! Wahoooo!!!

Yippee Starbright!!!! I am so excited for you. PUSH. SHOVE. You can do this. I know it's scary but a lot of the best things in life are. Your life will improve in more ways that you can even imagine.

Keep verbalizing your thoughts and feelings and come here for support and information. I agree with Kathy...I couldn't be doing this without LBT either.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks you guys! I feel better already. Come to think of it, I have done at least forty or fifty things in my lifetime that have been way more risky than this. Sometimes I think it is the committment issue, this is something I have to do and change my life style, no more back slidding, quitting after a day (week, month , year) I have been the "diet queen" ever since my 20's. I have lost the same 30 pounds more times than I can count. I was one of those women who "carried my weight well" If I ever told my true weight, people were amazed. I have a good mom who taught me to dress well for my size and have good self esteem. Now that I am in my fifties, (and chasing sixty up close and personal) health problems are closing in. Nothing real bad, but still there. Then there's my 9 year old grandson with

Friedrich's Ataxia (Muscular Dystroypy) who will get progressivly worse, wheel chair bound by middle school, life expectancy 20 years from diagnosis, and I need to be there, fit, slim , and healthy ?cause my daughter won't have time to nurse maid me! So, I'm working hard on being mentally ready to do this right.Keep on telling me how great it is gonna be!

Sometimes I think it is the committment issue, this is something I have to do and change my life style, no more back slidding, quitting after a day (week, month , year) !

Don't worry about the commitment. Life gets pretty well back to normal in most areas, so you are not changing YOU. You are just adding in this little band-friend (I call mine Fred the Band and my little port). My Fred leaves me be most days, as long as I eat slowly and chew chew chew, he's happy. Otherwise he kicks back with a stuck or slime and reminds me he's there. He will have a little more say-so after my first fill, I'm hoping. So don't worry about the commitment and the coming changes. It's still a struggle to lose the weight, you just have the help you need!

Kudos to you on helping your daughter with your sweet grandson. God Bless you!

I remember so well when I was denied -denied - & than denied. Than I just said I would be self-pay & than with in less than 2 weeks I was schedualed. It all became so REAL. I did get scared & excited & second guessed myself right up until they rolled me in. BUT I knew I wasn't backing down. Well now -today in fact 2 weeks out & finally being a bit stronger - I know I did the right thing. I may waver once again when I get my first fill in about 4 weeks- BUT I think everystage we go through has a bandster is a learning curve full of excitment & challenges.

The surgery truely is the easiest part- so jump in the waters are fine & everything on this side is just a bit smaller. God Bless & Good Luck

So happy for you! I was banded 10/18/04 and still remember how I felt when I found out I was approved by my insurance. I remember thinking, I can really do this now! I think up until that time, I was just toying with the idea and the approval sealed it for me. I couldn't be happier. I am 54 years old and only wish I had had this opportunity 20 years ago! You'll do great and it will be the best thing you coul have done for yourself and your family!

Pat