Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well.. I started my pre-op diet on Wednesday and today I totally cheated by having pizza. I wasn't even really hungry but it just smelled so good and I've been going crazy with not being able to eat real food that I caved and had 2 slices. I plan on following my liquid diet perfectly now until my surgery on September 17th but I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest.

It's really important to follow your surgeon's diet, as I am sure you know! You have to do liquids after the diet...each surgeon is different but mine requires 2 weeks post op to allow the band to heal! I'm sure you can tough it out...it's for your health benefit! So hang in there but pass on the pizza or anything not on your approved list! :thumbup:

You'll be so glad you did!

Hang in there, I cheated too. I just picked up where I left off and drove on. Its tough and very challenging. I found that drinking Water and staying full on the shakes helps. I band on Monday Sep 8th and I am really having difficulty with the diet. But I think everyone suffers on it> Good Luck:)

I am trying to drink a lot of Water and keep up with the shakes but I'm finding it to be really difficult. I'm not a big fan of sweets so drinking sweet stuff all day every day just grosses me out. I have re-committed myself though so I'm not going to allow myself to cheat anymore.

Hang in there, I cheated too. I just picked up where I left off and drove on. Its tough and very challenging. I found that drinking Water and staying full on the shakes helps. I band on Monday Sep 8th and I am really having difficulty with the diet. But I think everyone suffers on it> Good Luck:)

Happy surgery day!

I am trying to drink a lot of Water and keep up with the shakes but I'm finding it to be really difficult. I'm not a big fan of sweets so drinking sweet stuff all day every day just grosses me out. I have re-committed myself though so I'm not going to allow myself to cheat anymore.

You really want to stick to your diet. As RestlessMonkey can tell you, you don't want to get into surgery only to find out that you have a fatty liver and they close you without banding you. That was the main thing my surgeon said. If I come in there weighing more than I did on my last visit, they will reschedule my surgery. You have come too far to mess up now. Jump back into your diet with a vengence.

Thanks, it was pretty smooth sailing for me. I see yours is very soon. I prepped by walking and staying active up until the last minute. Whe you go in they will treat you well. I asked them to put me out without telling me and the next thing I knew I was awake and done. I had a lot of gas but found that sleeping upright helped alot. Move your feet as much as possible as soon as you come out of surgery. I also practiced holding my breath for about two seconds and then slowly exhaling. They had me walking about two hours after I woke up and then I drove them crazy walking all through the night. Use the pain drip button if they give you one. I also reccomend that you take every painmed as directed and then follow all the advice they give you. I sipped Water as soon as possible and made sure to chew on ice as it made a soothing sensation during the night. If you have any questions I can only give you my opinion and advice. Good luck with your surgery.