Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June 2008 Bandsters?

Thanks everyone for your enquiries. I am feeling great. No problems at all. Only 12 days since banding so early days yet. I have been able to eat anything I have tried so far. I even had a beer yesterday but did have a pain under my left breast afterwards - don't know if it was due to that or eating too quickly or what. It is all a bit of trial and error at the moment. Worth it though to know I can have a beer an odd time. To be honest though I haven't really wanted any so that's good.

Still only lost the 5 kg but happy with that. scales not moving very much at the moment. Have to learn patience and that it is a long journey.

Katydid - sorry about the bad news but it's a relief to know what the matter is instead of second guessing. I don't know how you keep going without food and sleep. I guess you do what you have to do. Do you work or have to take care of a family? Must be hard. My offer of help is there any time - something practical to help.

Still sending good vibes. You'll get through it. Keep your chin up!

Cheers.

Thanks everyone for your enquiries. I am feeling great. No problems at all. Only 12 days since banding so early days yet. I have been able to eat anything I have tried so far. I even had a beer yesterday but did have a pain under my left breast afterwards - don't know if it was due to that or eating too quickly or what. It is all a bit of trial and error at the moment. Worth it though to know I can have a beer an odd time. To be honest though I haven't really wanted any so that's good.

Still only lost the 5 kg but happy with that. scales not moving very much at the moment. Have to learn patience and that it is a long journey.

Katydid - sorry about the bad news but it's a relief to know what the matter is instead of second guessing. I don't know how you keep going without food and sleep. I guess you do what you have to do. Do you work or have to take care of a family? Must be hard. My offer of help is there any time - something practical to help.

Still sending good vibes. You'll get through it. Keep your chin up!

Cheers.

Hi Wade,

Good to hear that you're going so well.

Jealous as anything about the beer though. I only have to have a few sips and I start looking like a rabid dog foaming at the mouth. Lately I can't even have my bubbly with strawberries either.

I work from home. Have a fancy dress business, so I'm on the go all the time. Also running Mum and Dad everywhere takes up a lot of time too.

I've found that if I have a completely empty stomach, I do get quite a good sleep. Shame it's got to all come up though. I even made mushroom and beef Soup yesterday, pureed as well. It was delicious but I must've eaten too much as it all came up as usual. Has a small portion for lunch with lots of sips of Water afterwards and so far so good, no problems.

Best wishes.

Katy - That hernia stuff sounds freaking horrific!!! I hope it all gets sorted out for you soon.

Wade - good to hear you're doing well - that boob pain is harsh isn't it!

Em :eek:

Not really - I think it was to do with gas though. I got it when I was drinking coke zero so I've stopped drinkng that for a while

Emma

Yep, I thought it would have been the gas from the beer as that was the only time I had it.

Hi Everyone,

Had the Cat Scan done today. Forgot that they use a chemical dye injected. I Hate needles. :biggrin:

Won't know the results until Monday. Had a lovely piece of battered fish for dinner last night, really enjoyed it......but couldn't hang on to it. :wink_smile:

Tried the very last beer I had in my fridge the other night............Nope, like a rabid dog again, so it went in the chooks food. Happy little chooks.

I'm down to 81.5 kilos now. A loss of 30.5 kilos since June 9th. 11.5 kilos to go to my goal weight. I'm hoping this hernia problem is not going to stuff things up for me.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Best wishes.

Well done on the weight loss, Katydid. What a great achievement! Pity about all the illness though. Let us know how you go.

Not much more weight to go now. You'll be a skinny-minnie by Christmas!

I'm still at a weight loss of just over 5 kgs in a little over 2 weeks. Happy with that. I have discovered that I can eat and drink everything so far, which is good, but I will have to keep away from temptation. Constipation has been my biggest problem.

Speak soon.

Cheers.

Hi Wade,

5 kilos is still a good weight loss and it is still early days.

I'll be picking the results from the scan up tomorrow as I have to take my mother for a scan on her reconstructed knee, so I may as well just make it one trip. I have an appt with my surgeon on Thursday. I'm hoping he just doesn't say "oh it'll be ok in time." I need it fixed although now is not really a good time but when is a good time??

Best wishes.

Hi Everyone,

The good news is..... that I am down to 80.5 kilos which is a loss of 31.5 kilos since June '08. I told my Grandaughter the amount I'd lost and she was amazed and said " Grandma, that's exactly what I weigh. So you've lost a whole little persons size". I can't even lift her up anymore, so how on earth could I have been carrying all that extra weight everyday. No wonder I was tired all the time.

The bad news is ..... I have a large incisional hernia with the colon and the stomach protruding through. Have to admit that I had a little cry when I heard the news from my GP today. He recommends that it be repaired asap. I see my surgeon tomorrow.

Best wishes.

Hi Katydid

That is a fantastic weight loss. You must be very proud. What a difference it will make to your life when you are feeling better. Yes, imagine carrying all that extra weight around. I am always tired too.

Terrible news about your hernia. No wonder you cried. However, it is fixable and, even though it means more surgery, you have overcome this before and will be able to do it again.

Are you still getting sick?

Best of luck. Keep in touch.

Cheers.

Hi Katydid

That is a fantastic weight loss. You must be very proud. What a difference it will make to your life when you are feeling better. Yes, imagine carrying all that extra weight around. I am always tired too.

Terrible news about your hernia. No wonder you cried. However, it is fixable and, even though it means more surgery, you have overcome this before and will be able to do it again.

Are you still getting sick?

Best of luck. Keep in touch.

Cheers.

Hi Wade,

Thanks for your good wishes. Yes, I am still being sick. A lot! Saw the surgeon this morning, he said being sick and the reflux is due to the band and when I've reached my goal weight of 70 kilos, he will let some out.

This, he expects to be in another 2 months. Fancy having to wait that long for relief!!

I have to be at Bethesda at 7am Monday morning for the repair operation. Sooner than I thought it would be. After the probing and pressing of the examination this morning, I've been very unwell = sick snd dizzy, so I haven't been able to do much at all today.

I hope you are doing better.

Best wishes.

great big hug for you Katie...sorry to hear about the hernia but then at least now you know what it is and it can be fixed.

I am soooo envious of your weightloss but in a good way, not the "sticking pins in a hair doll of you" way. It must feel so wonderful to be that close...to know its only 2 more months and you will be 'there'!

I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble keeping the food down... not pleasant at all and I have much sympathy for you.

Wade I get that pain and the doc told me it is trapped gas in the pouch that puts pressure on the band. Its not pleasant I found trying to burp or degas helped sometimes...but not always.

Constipation is literally a pain in the ass!... all I can say is try drinking more Water and take fibresure....it does help but not over night.... also 3 or 4 prunes a day as a snack if you can will push it out too.

Geez that's so weird that you're having so much trouble keeping food down and the surgeon won't take fill out! I know when I was that sick in Scotland, I was feeling lethargic and tired and once some fill was removed and i could keep stuff down I felt a million bucks again. Maybe he's thinking that once the hernia is repaired that it might affect your situation too.

Good luck with the surgery - at least you don't have to wait ages - just get it over and done with!

Em

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all so much for the kind thoughts, they mean a lot to me.

Collapsed twice Wednesday night and found myself on the kitchen floor both times. Now I also have a sore back, head, backside and knee. Went to GP Thursday morning, told me to get Rehydrating Salts from chemist. Still couldn't keep anything down. Opened up for work, couldn't even stand up straight so dizzy. Busy as anything, couldn't do it, kept spinning out badly, so sick, had to close up. Rang surgeon, told to come in. One of my daughters left work early and drove me. He took some Fluid out and said to rest. Not possible, Halloween is tonight. I've been drinking the electrolyte salts but I'm still not over the dizzyness.

Apparently, if you're not getting the nuitrition your body needs, the electrolytes go haywire = dizzy etc. I had mushroom Soup for tea last night which was beautiful but I made the mistake of having two pieces of bread with it and therefore brought it all up again. Easy to see that without the band I'd be back to the heavy weight again.

Best wishes to everyone.