Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June 2008 Bandsters?

Steve is awesome, you'll be fine!

Hi emmaf106,

Great to hear of your successful weight loss. How much have you to lose now? Any problems since your operation?:)

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone heard from Wade? I've been sending him good vibes all the time, especially the day of his op, as I'm sure you all have been too.

How is everyone going?

Best wishes to all.:)

I am hoping he is doing fine.. I am sure he is but good wishes to him anyway.

I am hanging for my fill on Friday the hunger is starting to return 3 weeks after my last fill so it is time.....

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.

Everything went fine and I'm back in work now (Monday). No problems at all yet.

Now that it's done I feel so much better mentally - much more optimistic. The scales is showing a 4.4kg drop in 3 days but couldn't be right. It's probably all Fluid loss. Anyway, why I feel so good is that I now know that it won't come back. Before this all losses came back eventually. This time it's different. I think I read other people say that on the site.

It's great to have all your support.

Cheers.

Wade

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.

Everything went fine and I'm back in work now (Monday). No problems at all yet.

Now that it's done I feel so much better mentally - much more optimistic. The scales is showing a 4.4kg drop in 3 days but couldn't be right. It's probably all Fluid loss. Anyway, why I feel so good is that I now know that it won't come back. Before this all losses came back eventually. This time it's different. I think I read other people say that on the site.

It's great to have all your support.

Cheers.

Congratulations Wade,

Back at work so soon too. So pleased everything went well for you.

Who cares whether the 44.4kg drop is Fluid or note, it's weight lost forever. :)

I was just talking to a lady at my local IGA, (banded also) who has had great success with following a low carb/protein eating plan and is down to 55kg. She is sooo tiny now. She doesn't eat potatoes with meat at all and very little meat at that. Also she eats multi grain bread but checks the carbs and sugar content as carbs turn into sugar anyway. It has solved her tummy digestion problems too. She is going to loan me her books, so Ill let you all know as soon as I do.

Guess What?!!!!!!:)

I've suddenly dropped to 85.5kg today!:seeya: Thought the scales would never move down again and was getting very peeved with myself. Yabbadabbadoo!!!!! That's 26.5kilos since June.

Best wishes to everyone.

Hi emmaf106,

Great to hear of your successful weight loss. How much have you to lose now? Any problems since your operation?:thumbup:

I've still got about 30kgs to go... I'd like to get to the low 70's. The only major prob I had was when I went to Europe. I'd been sick for 2 weeks before and not eating and then flew over to Scotland and couldn't keep anything down at all. Steve's people here worked overtime trying to find someone in Scotland to remove some fill but all the bariatric surgeons were on leave! I ended up just going to their royal infirmary in Emergency, talking to a couple of docs who had no idea about gastric banding but they finally found the one doc in scotland not on holidays. She removed 2mls and I was right as rain after that. Although I did put on a few kgs but totally worth it! So got to just over 97kgs before I went away (lost 5kgs in 2 weeks from not eating so not really a valid weight), just trying to get under the 100 again now.

Congrats Katy... and please share any tips you get from the lo carb books.

Woot Wade 4.4 kilos off forever.... doesnt matter if the 4.4 kilos is Fluid or fat.... claim it

I've still got about 30kgs to go... I'd like to get to the low 70's. The only major prob I had was when I went to Europe. I'd been sick for 2 weeks before and not eating and then flew over to Scotland and couldn't keep anything down at all. Steve's people here worked overtime trying to find someone in Scotland to remove some fill but all the bariatric surgeons were on leave! I ended up just going to their royal infirmary in Emergency, talking to a couple of docs who had no idea about gastric banding but they finally found the one doc in scotland not on holidays. She removed 2mls and I was right as rain after that. Although I did put on a few kgs but totally worth it! So got to just over 97kgs before I went away (lost 5kgs in 2 weeks from not eating so not really a valid weight), just trying to get under the 100 again now.

How awful to have those problems when you were on holidays. I find it really strange that after all the years banding has been done that GPs still don't know much at all about it. How on earth can they refer patients without knowing something!! My GP admited that he knows nothing about it either. He's not the one I was refered by but I still would feel better if he had some idea about it when I needed help and can't see the surgeon. I've been having bad, bad, reflux and gas= heavy, loud, painful burps that go on and on as well as throwing up everyday. Rang surgeon this morning to try to put forward my appt (29th) but he's operating in Karatha so I'll just have to suffer it out. Not very nice.

Congrats Katy... and please share any tips you get from the lo carb books.

Woot Wade 4.4 kilos off forever.... doesnt matter if the 4.4 kilos is Fluid or fat.... claim it

Hiya Pigglet,

I sure will, as soon as I get them. I was suffering so badly with gas etc last night that I saw an advert for "Reflux Cure" on one of the Lapbandtalk US threads and jumped in and bought it for $20.00 US. It is honey and cider vinegar with about 15 pages of unecessary printing of testamonials from so called other buyers. I tried it and was still up all ruddy night. I guess I was at a point that I'd grab anything for relief. Waste of money. Come in sucker! I'm still interested in the food combinations though, especially as it's worked so well for the lady at IGA.

My scales told me that I've lost another 1/2 kilo this morning, = 85kgs.

No wonder, can't keep anything down. If it doesn't come up after dinner, it sure will as soon as I get up in the morning, if not both.

Sorry, on a bit of a downer because of the discomfort lately. I'll try to be more positive. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. 4.9 kgs and yes, I'll claim them. No problems yet but I am still on fluids so early days.

Katydid - so sorry to hear about your discomfort. How awful for you. Don't apologise for moaning - that's what the site is here for as well as celebrating the good times. Who better to moan to than other l.banders who can understand and sympathise? You are such a good support for others so you have a right to expect the same back.

If I was that bad I think I would be asking for the surgeon to contact a colleague to help if he is away. Too long to wait until your appointment.

Are you getting enough sleep or are you up all night?

Keep your chin up. I will send you good vibes.

Well done on the weight loss.

Cheers.

Wade (female)

Yep I agree with Wade. I'd try and see someone else. 2 more weeks of that and you'll be so lethargic you won't be able to get out of bed!

Fingers crossed things get better for you soon.

Katydid

I have been re-reading the blue book and noticed that it said that if you are sick you should go back to fluids and then work your way back to mushies and then solid food. Try that.

I was also given anti-nausea tablets in the hospital. Do you have any?

Cheers.

Katey it sounds like you need a smidge out... you would be amazed how just .25 out can make a difference to your well being. You should still keep your restriction but relieve the uncomfortable side effects. You are at the tweeking stage of your journey so you should tweek.

Also reflux is not just a minor discomfort its very existance can lead to very dire conditions, one of them being cancer of the oesophigus. You should never ignore the consistant presence of it.

I would speak to my doctor or gp sooner rather than later about this issue and get it cleared up....you did not take on this journey to be thin and sick and or terminal but rather thin and healthy.

Sorry to sound firm but I had a brother die this past year for eosophigal cancer and its was due to ignoring reflux....also I have heard my doctor and other bandits say it should be seen to as quickly as possible to avoid the above complications or its relatives.

Hugs from Pigglet.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your concern and good wishes. I'm going to try to get an appointment with my GP this week and I also want a CT scan done on my abdomen because I have a solid cricket ball in my midriff on the right side. Could be another hernia (5th one) or could be a bowel obstruction, neither of which is good news. The reflux is ongoing and I sleep (when I can) propped up. Even coffee can have me feeling blocked.

So sorry to hear about your brother Pigglet. I certainly will get it checked. My surgeon doesn't have a back up surgeon. I thought that was rather strange, found out when the wound opened up and let loose when I came home from hospital. I have a 24centinmetre scar down my abdomen. I had to go to my GP every day for 2 weeks for dressings and antibiotics. I really don't want to be opened up anymore. Still can't keep much down and don't seem to go at the other end either, even through I'm taking Coloxal with Senna.

I'm now down to 84.5kilos.

Hope you all are fighting fit and healthy.

Have a great weekend. I'm going to sleep in till lunchtime. Yahoo!!!

Hi To Everyone,

Forgot to tell you that I actually bought some jars of baby food thinking that might fix me up but "OH YUK" No thanks. The sweets weren't too bad but have only a tiny bit of flavour in them. Water seems to go down ok unless I gulp. Still trying to learn to drink before I'm thirsty.

I would LOVE a beer.:tongue_smilie:

Best wishes.