Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June 2008 Bandsters?

Just on the topic of beer. My lovely boy got banded when I did and he was a MASSIVE beer drinker (don't get me wrong, he's not an alcoholic - just loves his beer). Since banding the only difference is that he gets drunker quicker! He can still drink beer although he does steer clear of the gassy ones. He's into the ales (kilkenny, guiness) and doesn't have a prob and he also drinks Corona ok too.

Hi Everyone,

I was talking to another lapbander yesterday who was banded in May "08 and she told me that if a teaspoon is put into the stubby for a short while the gas goes out of the beer and it's easier to get down. Might try that when it gets into the hotter days.

Wade, how did your appt go with your doctor? Any news?

Best wishes to all, Katydid.:tt1:

Wow that might be worth trying with diet soft drink for me... I dont want it dead flat but just a little less fizzy.

Sometimes on a hot day I just feel like a cold diet pepsi and when the mood hits me it takes too long to leave it out on the bench to go flat.

Thanks for that tip, Im going to try it.

Hi Pigglet,

Let me know if it works please.

How have you been since your fill? Any problems? I'm still having gas pains a lot which is uncomfortable and down right annoying. I actually put on a kilo yesterday, don't understand how, when most everything comes back up. My clothes need downsizing though which is good.

I was relatively less hungry, not completely with out hunger mind you but it was reduced and I was getting full on significantly less...but true to form come the 2 and a half week after mark and the hunger returned over night and I can eat more.

I was loosing but now have started to gain it back. I have made an appointment at the docs clinic that is an hour away for next week instead of waiting the full 6 weeks for him to return back here.

I am fed up with back sliding and want to actually get my monies worth from this bleeding band...he he heeee

arrrrrg I spose no one ever said it was a mirical cure!

Oh and Katy I am sorry you gained the kilo... I truely know how discouraging that is but I am sure its just Fluid if your clothes are getting bigger.

Its almost mind games we play with the scales and the band isnt it... dont let em win!!!

Hi Pigglet,

Sorry to hear of your setback after the fill. I have to admit mine was due to eating more than I should've but I'm surprised it didn't come back up as usual. I'll have to try harder today and also cut out the soft drink as they might be the real culprits.

its easy to slip into old habits isnt it.

My frustration level might not reach its maxum this time if I get this early fill. If it works I will keep it up, though hopefully this next fill will get me to the spot I want. But then I ask myself will I ever be satisfied...probably not Im a woman and we are notoriously fickle!

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the tips on beer.

Kartydid thanks for asking about the drs appt. I saw him last Thursday and am being banded tomorrow - Friday 10! He had a cancellation and I thought why not go for it as I have been thinking about this for about 2 years?

I'm excited and scared and sad about losing the old way of life. I probably put on about 2kgs this week just eating the wrong things in anticipation of not being able to eat anything! Can't win.

I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers.

Wade

Hi Wade,

Fantastic news! Very pleased for you and understand exactly how you're feeling. Who is your doctor? Which hospital? The doctor would've explained that it's all keyhole surgery etc. I had to be opened right up because I had two abdominal hernias to be repaired which turned out to be one big one but I'm fine now and I never thought I'd ever fit into some of the clothes I'm wearing again but I am. Best wishes. You'll really notice the difference in no time.

Thanks Katydid

It's Stephen Watson and Hollywood Hospital. Going home for my last meal now and a beer! I'm hopeless! I'll let you know how I went.

Cheers.