Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?? More Surgery ??

I think I need to go have more surgery.....To get a band placed around my mouth! I have such a hard time at night with eatting and snacking....i dunno what to do with myself!! Granted I am making healthier snack choices...but I don't think I should be eatting like this...well at least snacking like this. Does anyone else seem to fly off the routine at night time? Does anyone know anything to do for this? I think its just left over from my old behaviours....One of the bad ones I can't get past!! I have tried drinking cold water...ice water...coffee....I have done more Protein, like a slice of cheese or a yogurt, or cottage cheese... Just to give you a hint....I do great all day! Then I come home and eat dinenr around 5pm which may be like a 1/2 cup of veggies or a small salad and a small chicken breast, maybe three ounces....Then I could follow that with a yogurt. Then I may have another yogurt or a FF pudding about an hour later. Then i will have some No Sugar added ice cream, then I will go looking for something else.......This is insane. And I am getting at least 64 ounces of Fluid in a day!!! Is it possible that the effects from the first fill is all ready done? Is it possible I may need another fill? I am six weeks post op... I am getting more exercise in and I am chalking it up to my metabolizim getting woken up and I need more calories than I was I was taking in?? I dont know any of my values cause I haven't been tracking my food... I dunno...I just dunno. I don't go back to my doctor until ohh July something - 8th i believe....three weeks from now.......I lost 5 pounds since I started working out at Curves...so maybe it is the metabolizm theroy??? I dunno...ANY input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

TTYL

I have been thinking about this for myself...

I don't always have the snacking fiend thing in the evenings, and there is no real rhyme or reason to my "cravings". The only factor I KNOW about is late afternoons, kids running around, getting ready for supper, hubby on his way home, hectic, and I can easily start shoving Snacks during that time. If I plan better and manage my time (can you say Crock Pot? Oh Yeah!) then it's easier to stay away from the nibbling because I'm not so stressed. I also usually put on a small pot of coffee in the afternoons. That helps.

SO, what causes this hunger? I THINK it's metabolism related. I hovered around 220 for months and months before banding. Since 2 weeks after surgery, I have been hovering around 208. For weeks! I think our bodies try to maintain our current weight? If it starts to lose, we get the hungries so we will maintain instead.

I remember my sister saying that Oprah said hungry is good. Blech. No way, you shouldn't feel starved when dieting. I'm thinking now she is right? A little bit of hunger is a good sign that the output of our metabolism and exercise is outweighing the input of our calories.

Now, to NOT eat when the hungries kick in. That's the hard part. Jacks' food demon, right? However, a properly adjusted band helps SO much with the hungries.

There's a website I found out about on here...let me find the link. I need to take another look at this one. Hope it helps you, too.

http://www.room42.com/nutrition/basal.shtml

Doll...I hear you girlfriend. I am so good and sensible all day until late afternoon/early evening hits. Then I turn into a fat free cool whip with Peanut Butter eating, half gallon of full fat ice cream holding, chip munching, scrounging around the kitchen...flippin manic...at least on and off for the past two weeks. I am so glad that I am getting a fill tomorrow.

I think that your increased metabolism may indeed be contributing. What about trying to eat lunch as your biggest meal of the day? Could that work for you? If you load up on Protein then, perhaps it could help carry you into the evening.

I think my reason is Jack's food demon and old habits of trying to feed my emotions instead of deal with them. I must remember...emotions do not need ice cream...LOL.

Hang in there.

Thanks Kathy and Heather! At least I know Im not alone in this struggle! And lemme tell ya, it is a STRUGGLE...No one said it was gonna be easy though. Gotta keep our eyes on the prize I guess when we get crazy with our snacking....I said to my sister last night, its old habits repeating them selves...and I don't like it...Soooo I gotta try harder at stopping it. I will try the bigger lunch in the after noon. Now that school is almost over I will be home a lot more...I hope that doesnt trigger another need to feed if ya know what I mean. I work at a haunted house...and this year I have a GORGIOUS costume picked out...(its a dress and it is awesome!!) Its called Bride of Satan...comes with a crown, and a veil, and the dress is unreal! I am aiming for that in a much smaller size.....I know I probably am dalusional when I think I can fit into a size 14 by October, but I don't want to have to order a size 24 either!!! I have the picture of the dress hanging on my computer...maybe I should put it on the fridge! I am also going to see Rob Zombie in July...and I wanna be able to wear something a little ris-kay.....I am a Goth Girl at heart....however, I can't fit into a lot of the clothes!! And that just sucks!!!! SOOOOOO If I wanna be able to be who I really am, I need to just step away from the Snacks and go out for a WALK!! Or something....

Oh well guys!!! I gotta go get ready for stupid work. Its almost over, its almost over its almost over. I will talk to you again soon ,and I will check out that website later today!

TTYL