Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Your Band Stop Your Hunger

Does the band stop your hunger  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Does the band stop your hunger

• Yes 100 -75 %
    • Yes 75- 50%
    • Yes 50 -25%
    • Yes Somewhat
    • No - But I am full for longer on a smaller amount of food

I didn't even know you made a tv commercial!

I am pretty sure I said something on the 50 thread - but ya my doc was doing a new commercial - 4 of us - 2 banders and 2 bypass pple but you know what - we didn't say what kind of surgery we had

10/1 we filmed - like I said I haven't seen it yet - I have seen the one with the couple (bypass) but not mine - they are suppose to give us dvd of it - when I get it - if I do - I will upload it to facebook...

Going to Vegas this weekend - to meet Peaches from Canada(she post sometime on the 50 thread) she's one of my lucky #7 girls - we met in Minn last summer when we did our mall of america trip - her & her gf me and mine - are going to have a girl's weekend..

I don't have a face book page. I can barely keep up with my

myspace page.

I don't have a face book page. I can barely keep up with my

myspace page.

I only really do parking wars - Phyl got me hooked - there are tons of lbt pple there..

I can barely keep up with my mentor thread - lucky #7 and the 50's - I do have a bit of a life - and all this takes up so much time - you sit down and think you will answer something in 10 minutes and the next thing you know an hour has gone by...

I spend a lot of time in the chat room in the evenings sometimes. There are people that only chat and never post which I find strange. I am lucky I only work part time. On the days I work, I hardly sign in here.

I have never even looked at face book. I use myspace to post my pictures of my grandbaby so other people can see him.

I spend a lot of time in the chat room in the evenings sometimes. There are people that only chat and never post which I find strange. I am lucky I only work part time. On the days I work, I hardly sign in here.

I have never even looked at face book. I use myspace to post my pictures of my grandbaby so other people can see him.

Hey Denise

I was on FB all the time in Feb I starting this farming this very addictive... But lately I have been just too busy at work and have been taking some vacation days so I gotta keep my desk up.. Plus I find that even on the weekend if I get on the computer 4 hrs can go by and I haven't accomplished a thing.

FB has become the grown up verision of myspace :0)

I have never really been a chat person - don't really like iming either.. I am just a poster.. :thumbup:

How are you doing - how's your dad's estate stuff going

You are lucky to work only part time - I wish I could - but I don't know how I would get everything done in 3 days.. I would love to work m-w and have thursday friday sat and sunday off !!!

I have pretty much decided to make my house a rental for snow birds. That way it would be available to my kids and me in the summer. We don't mind the heat because it's freezing cold here. I can rent it for one winter and make enough to pay all the expenses for the house and put some aside for future repairs.

Oh I have a fb page now. I gave up myspace cause my dd wants to post the pictures of the grand kiddies on fb.

I have a real estate agent helping me and he thinks I can rent it for 1700 a month. That seems a little steep to me, and if I could find some responsible renters who would take really good care of things, I would be willing to give them a break on the rent.

Okay, I'm eavesdropping on your conversation. This really has become your personal thread. I was curious about the poll...it's an interesting question.

I just started doing Facebook too. I too got involved with farming. Can't believe I'm doing that and others my age are doing that. How do people find the time to keep that up?

So there are many lbt people on facebook? I really don't want to get sucked into that so I forget to do other stuff.....just posting here does take a bit of time.

Anyway.....hope you don't mind I intruded.

ee

I get hungry just about 30 minutes before it's "food" time. I still get bored and occasionally find myself in the kitchen, but I can usually catch that and stop it. I don't snack any more and I feel wonderful, and more in control of my eating than I ever have in my long life! :scared2:

As long as I choose the right foods (that is part of the key, the band is another part, and restriction) I can go for about 5 - 5 1/2 hours before I get hungry again. Apparently it does work that way for some of us! :wink2:

I have pretty much decided to make my house a rental for snow birds. That way it would be available to my kids and me in the summer. We don't mind the heat because it's freezing cold here. I can rent it for one winter and make enough to pay all the expenses for the house and put some aside for future repairs.

Oh I have a fb page now. I gave up myspace cause my dd wants to post the pictures of the grand kiddies on fb.

I have a real estate agent helping me and he thinks I can rent it for 1700 a month. That seems a little steep to me, and if I could find some responsible renters who would take really good care of things, I would be willing to give them a break on the rent.

I'll Look for you on FB :0)

That's a great idea on your Dad's house

Okay, I'm eavesdropping on your conversation. This really has become your personal thread. I was curious about the poll...it's an interesting question.

I just started doing Facebook too. I too got involved with farming. Can't believe I'm doing that and others my age are doing that. How do people find the time to keep that up?

So there are many lbt people on facebook? I really don't want to get sucked into that so I forget to do other stuff.....just posting here does take a bit of time.

Anyway.....hope you don't mind I intruded.

ee

EE no intrusion - for me between lbt and work and my life I don't always get to FB - And again if I do - the farming can take up too much time and I don't get anything done - I go thru spurts - sometime I have nothing to do - and other times I have too much to do - Lately cuz of vacation time - and not being at work - I have to work extra hard to keep my desk up - so no time - between my Mentor thread - my #7 thread and occaissionally the 50 thread - that's alot of posting - it take time you think oh I'll ck in for 5 minute but by the time you read and post 45 mins is gone..

I get hungry just about 30 minutes before it's "food" time. I still get bored and occasionally find myself in the kitchen, but I can usually catch that and stop it. I don't snack any more and I feel wonderful, and more in control of my eating than I ever have in my long life! :scared2:

As long as I choose the right foods (that is part of the key, the band is another part, and restriction) I can go for about 5 - 5 1/2 hours before I get hungry again. Apparently it does work that way for some of us! :wink2:

Restless

If I eat a good meal I do stay full for a long time - I guess I made this poll cuz pple expect their bands to take away all their hunger - I don't find that mine does (mostly due to the head hunger issues) it does keep me full on longer though - but it doesn't take away the hunger..

Head hunger aside....speaking only of physiologic hunger, which the band does "control"....

who would want to NEVER be hungry? That's the flip side of ALWAYS being hungry and neither one is healthy!

The band shouldn't take away ALL HUNGER...but it should make it easier for us to be hungry at more appropriate times (instead of always, or almost always).

I used to be physiologically HUNGRY way more than I am now. Anyone who thinks all hunger is permanently removed is wishing for something that isn't a good thing!

The sleeve does take away all the hunger. I am never hungry. I eat by the clock. I eat when I get up, I eat at 12 noon and I eat at 5pm or later if I am going to dinner with friends.

I am really glad I got a revision to a sleeve. I always felt guilty with the band that I was doing something wrong. I could not tell if I needed a fill, or if I was supposed to be able to work with the fill I had. When that decision was taken away from me by my dr. because of vomiting in my sleep, I am glad the sleeve was available because it's been the very best I have felt in years. It's so easy to maintain without effort.

The sleeve does take away all the hunger. I am never hungry. I eat by the clock. I eat when I get up, I eat at 12 noon and I eat at 5pm or later if I am going to dinner with friends.

I am really glad I got a revision to a sleeve. I always felt guilty with the band that I was doing something wrong. I could not tell if I needed a fill, or if I was supposed to be able to work with the fill I had. When that decision was taken away from me by my dr. because of vomiting in my sleep, I am glad the sleeve was available because it's been the very best I have felt in years. It's so easy to maintain without effort.

My DS & DIL are considering WLS (but they gotta find out if it's covered by their insurance) they were asking my opinion and I suggested the sleeve - My DS is a meat/potatoe eater - he doesn't like salads or veggies - My DIL is a big carb/starch eater - She doesn't want the band due to the maintenance involved and she's pushing 300 - I think sleeve would be a good fit for them - but gotta see what their insurance will cover...

I know if I lost my band and couldn't keep the weight off - I would go to your doc and get the sleeve :0)

I am lucky - sweet spot in 2 fills and never (knock wood) have had any problems with mine band - haven't had a fill since 1/08.

Today is my 2yr year anniversary

7/17/07 250 lbs - Size 18/20 pants

7/17/08 148 lbs - Size 6 pants

7/17/09 137 lbs - Size 4 pants

With the sleeve do you still get the 'stuck' issues? What about vomiting (I refuse to call it productive burping - it is way more than that for me!).

I hate head hunger Grrrrr! The not knowing if my fill is at the right level is the hardest part for me also. I tossed and tossed over band or sleeve I got the band and hope everyday that I made the right choice. So far so good no issues, Except a slight over fill once. And it was a horrible thing. Hope I never go through that again.

Indio, Congratulations on 2 years!! You have done amazing and I hope the band continues to work for you. Or maybe that should be you work with it. Either way Great Job!!

ee