Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally Got Aproved

Finally after 3 years of thinking of getting banded, and then started looking into it, I found out that i needed 6 months of weight loss history for blue cross blue shiled. I was 2 weeks shy of this, and needed to do 6 months all over again. So to make a long story short, after 9 months, I finally have my date of 10/10 to be banded. My question is this, should I start reducing my food, prior to being banded?

i would def start practicing your new lifestyle now....eating less, exercising, watching what u eat....it wouldn't hurt! congrats and good luck!

Anything you can do to get a jump start on your weight loss would be just icing on the cake ( pardon the pun lol)

Congrats on your surgery date and approval! Good luck!

Finally after 3 years of thinking of getting banded, and then started looking into it, I found out that i needed 6 months of weight loss history for blue cross blue shiled. I was 2 weeks shy of this, and needed to do 6 months all over again. So to make a long story short, after 9 months, I finally have my date of 10/10 to be banded. My question is this, should I start reducing my food, prior to being banded?

Congrats! 10/10 will be here before you know it. I go in Monday for my band. As soon as I found out my insurance accedpted me, I started eating like I would never be able to eat again. I gained 10 pounds in three weeks. On my program I have a protien shake diet two weeks before and two weeks after. I started cutting down a week before I started my shakes and lost 5 pounds and now have lost another 10 on the shakes. Now, looking back I wish I had just started loosing right from the start. I have not had any problem with the 3 shakes a day. A little hungry but not bad. So in answer to your questions YES, it is my opinion it will make it easier for you if you do start right away. GOOD LUCK:smile2:

ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY! I didn't get prescribed a pre-op diet, but I did self-impose a restriction on myself. I got off of diet soda, since carbonation is a no-no after the band. I sampled a zillion Protein supplements so that I would know which ones worked for me before I was post-op. A few weeks before sx, I started doing just a shake for Breakfast and lunch. I drank crystal light like a FIEND! I ate regular dinners. Not HUGE dinners...just what we usually ate for dinner. After shakes all day, my dinner portions started to shrink along with my stomach. After a week of that, I started doing "healthier" dinners. It was a good transition for me. After that...getting off of the fatty-mcfatty stuff, I started losing my cravings for it. You know how people stop craving carbs after being on Atkins a little while? Kinda like that.