Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

rock-a-bye sweet baby Jake

Wow Yesterday was very tramatic for me. I went for my first fill and the doc added 2.5cc's to my empty band and then had me drink Water. Well guess what? The water wouldn't budge. It was not going down. So as I laid back down on the table to enable the doc to remove some of the saline all of the water rushed from my throat to my mouth. Man this felt totally weird. Anyhow he ended up taking out 1cc and I felt much better. a 1.5cc fill in one of the large bands and I can so tell the difference.

well.......................

I get home from the Doctor and go to check on my dogs and find my sweet baby Jake dead on my patio. This was so unexpected. Just the night before the family and I were out on the deck playing with the dogs, brushing their remaining winter hair off and having Jake go thru his entire repertoir of tricks, and now he's dead. He was lying in his normal sleeping area. There didn't appear to be any signs of him struggling or being in pain. We back up against a state park and have several water mocassins invade our yard when the creek behind the house drys up every summer. They come looking for water. I just wonder if Jake had gotten biten. He was always aggressive toward the snakes. However I didn't see any signs of swelling or a bite mark anywhere. Jake was a rescued dog we got from a no-kill shelter when we first built this house. He was half yellow lab and half greyhound. Very proud dog that was lighting fast. I only hope we were able to provide him with a stable, happy life for the short 5 1/2 years he had us. And he did have all of us wrapped around his paw. Such a sweet friend.

Needless to say, I had more than my fill of yesterday.

I am sure that Jake appreciated your love and attention and your time together was great for him. I am very sorry for your loss.

NO!!!! oh, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You heart must be broken.

The only thing that comforts me in times like this is to think of him in dog heaven. I am not sure I believe there is a heaven for people, but I know there is one for animals. Now he gets to watch over you and play and run and never feel any pain and always eat as much of anything (including dead stuff) that he wants.

I'm sure the last 5 1/2 years he was the happiest, most satisfied dog. He knew how big the gift was that you gave him because he knew how bad it could be. I bet he never took you for granted. I think that he was lucky to die in his sleep, dreaming of killing snakes and chasing balls.

Once again, I'm sorry for your loss and I will pet my two poochies and kiss them on the head twice this morning instead of just once...just in case.

Megan

Sorry to hear about your puppy.John Edwards (medium) states that he can see animals from the other side.

Hope you feel better soon..((hugs))

I am so sorry for you. It is truly a blessing Jake found you and you gave him such a good life. Now he is a Angle in our Lords kingdom..

People like you and your family are wonderful.

Getting animals from rescue shelters and pounds is such a great thing to do. To have given Jake the experience of being a loved family pet is beautiful.

Jake was happy and loved, that is the best gift you could have ever given him. And in return, you were loved by him. Our lab passed away a few summers ago in the same way, laying in her regular nap spot, no sign of struggle or pain.

On this sad note, my sister called early this morning (so I knew it was alarming news) and told me their parrot had died. His name was Peter. That bird was, they think, 39 years old. For the last 4 or 5 years he lived with them and was happy and cared for and loved. Before that, the poor thing lived in a smokey home full of yelling, arguing, drug use and was neglected. She takes comfort even this morning knowing Peter was happy in his home. They found him on the floor beside his perch. So sad.

I'm sorry for your loss, and for your difficult day. God Bless.

My heart breaks for you in this time of your loss. I know sweet Jake is in a good place where there is lots of open space to run and lots of bones to chew.

Take good care of yourself as you get through this rough time.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how difficult it was to come home and find him. You gave him a great life though and it sounds like you brought each other much happiness. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and words. I really appreciate it. Pets are like children in some regards. Some act better than children. My grandmother used to say I know you kids can listen because the dog does and he doesn't even speak english. So we'll miss Jake and his High Five trick and his running to get his leash whenever I got my truck keys. He loved riding in the backseat of the truck and sticking his head out the window. Luckily we just did that the loast day of school when we picked the boys up.

Also for all of you animal lovers, and if you live in the DFW area, check out this link to an organization I am a part of. My band will be playing there on July 4th. I know we need Harley riders for a parade through town. This is called the Kaufman County Critter Crawl. It is a buddy walk type thing to raise money for the organization. Just go to my website at www.souldoubtband.com and see the pop-up flag on our front page. You will see the banner there. Just click on the banner and it will take you to the website.

Thanks again for you guys providing such encouragement to me and my family.

I'm so sorry to hear of this loss. Animals can be a better friend sometimes than a human. May you be comforted in your time of loss.