Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

kindly help me ....

i got banded on 28/6 and have lost 30 lbs without a fill ...

first things is that I am having my monthly cycles and I have gained 2 lbs . Everytime I gain weight during my cycles and then I cannot loose weight for couple of weeks after that .. has this happened to anyone

second thing is that my doctor is leaving country for fifteen days after next week and I am due for my first fill next week ... There is no one who can do an unfill in his absence ...so should I go ahead with the fill or should I wait till he comes back ?

thanks ... all the help is appreciated

I know that it is common to retain Water just before or during your cycle. That may make it seem that you've gained. However, it is usually lost quickly in the week following. It sounds like you have 3 weeks out of ever 4 where you gain; unless you have an endocrine imbalance of some sort or are overeating, I can't imagine why you'd gain for so long! Sorry!

AND I would never get a fill if I couldn't get an unfill if necessary. It's too hard to find that happy spot and if you have trouble it could be serious, unless he's leaving another emergency doctor in charge.

I agree that you can gain Water weight during TOM but it shouldn't hold on for weeks. If you drink lots of Water & watch your sodium intake it should flush out in a few days. A good way to know if you are getting enough water is to watch the color of your pee, strive to have it come out clear instead of yellow.

Your doctor should offer a backup...mine does fills , has an assitant that does fills and even his nurse can do it in their absense. I also wouldn't chance a fill if nobody will be available in case you are too full; fifteen days is a long time to suffer.

I always gain during TOM but lose it quickly thereafter, specially if I am drinking plenty of Water. When I slack off on the Water it doesn't come off as quickly. You should not be holding on to that weight for weeks however.

I would do the fill if you have a couple of days to go in after if you need an unfill. However, if it is just fill and then he is completely unavailable for two weeks I would wait. Perhaps it is also good to check with the doctor to see if someone else will pick up any emergency unfills in his absence if it is needed . . . then you might have appropriate coverage.

It is very, very rare to need an unfill after your first fill because they usually don't give you very much.