Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

I froze the Protein Shake and it wasn't so good. For one thing, it froze like an ice cube. There wasn't anyway to stick a spoon in it. So I defrosted it part way in the microwave. IT seemed to lose it's flavor as a slushie. It was more the texture of sherbet but not very tasty. It's better as a Protein Drink.< /p>

I had a bad day too. I went out for a salad and some kids were having a birthday party. The mother bought too big of an ice cream cake and gave it to my friends and me.

I really couldn't sit there and watch everyone else eat it.

Then I came home and ate my WW ice cream cup. One of those "I already blew it, so I may as well have it " moods.

One of those "I already blew it, so I may as well have it " moods.

I know it SOOOOOO well!!

It's only 520 in the morning, and Im considering having the remainder of the peanuts from last night....and I KNOW better, Why oh why???

Oh guys, I understand so well what you're talking about. It's like I'm trying to sabotage myself and sometimes I just don't care. I really think it's a physical response sometimes and not just psychological. I know my issue with simple carbs is physical, it's very much like an addiction. However......

I AM STRONGER THAN MY CRAVINGS!!

I have a book The Beck Diet solution. I need to read it again. It's not a diet. It's a way to cope with cravings.

Last night I watched this show I had put on my DVR. It's called I can make you thin. He says to picture all our temping foods covered in worms. That does not work for me. I guess my head knows better that there are no worms.

Besides Thinner, my mind would turn the worms into gummie worms....

I was SOOOO bad this weekend.

Just so bad.

Must go to the accountability thread.

I had icecream this weekend. But I'm not mad at myself. It was my TOM and usually I eat about 900 bucks worth of groceries. I stayed pretty healthy this weekend, so the icecream was my special treat.

Cookies and cream.

But that's all the icecream that is coming in my house...until next month.

Oh guys, I understand so well what you're talking about. It's like I'm trying to sabotage myself and sometimes I just don't care. I really think it's a physical response sometimes and not just psychological. I know my issue with simple carbs is physical, it's very much like an addiction. However......

I AM STRONGER THAN MY CRAVINGS!!

I am totally in agreeance(sp) with you. Carbs are a physical addiction, and unlike drugs THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! food addiction is a tough thing to get over since you can go to a restuarant and they bring your addiction to the table, where you have to decide to send it away, watch other people eat the bread, or have that roll anyway...and regret it later.

I really think my love for icecream has increased 10x since the surgery. And chocolate (dark dark chocolate) never tasted so good.

Way to go RSG. You are keeping things under control and in perspective! Fabulous!

And yes, whatever it is we are addicted to, will appear in multitudes once we try to limit our intake. I've never seen so many things with nuts as I have since I have been trying to ration them to once a week.

ARGGHHH!!!!!

Okay, only all of you will understand this.

Yesterday, I did really good all day long and had all my Protein in. Then, I made Peanut Butter Cookies and had them for dinner. I made my bf take the rest of them to work this morning.

Yay Tap! I'm really want to have a day I can say I was good. Yesterday was going so well until I got lunch stuck and had a horrible episode of PB, sliming and some heaving. I figured I better eat liquids after that so...well, ice cream is liquid and the cold should be soothing, right?

Today was going good, then the pumpkin scones from Whole Foods called me. That's like half my daily calories in one thing. But if that's the worst part of today I'll consider it a victory.

I'm so afraid I will end up gaining since my last appointment (I'm already up 4 pounds) and the doc will want to fill me. I don't think I can handle a fill. I'm just eating bad foods, not really too much food.

Funny thing is that I fully intend to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner and it will probably be the best diet day I've had in a long time. LOL

I am sure they won't give you a fill if you don't think you can handle more fill. there is nothing worse than being too tight, and it's dangerous!

i have been pretty good with the sweets ....minus the fruitroll ups that keep jumping in my mouth its like the last junk that makes it way in to the house because it my kids fav and they go in his lunch box....i have not bought any icecream or Cookies tho

Someone brought candy to me. I'm not really a candy freak unless it's expensive chocolate (expensive for me anyway) so I put it in a large bowl and put at the edge of my desk for the people coming by.

We have this guy who works here that is a really big guy. He wants to have the lapband but they told him he would have to lose weight first. (Did anyone else get that?) He's always really sad.

He came by and got a butterfinger out of the jar, I didn't think anything of it, then he came and got another and said "I shouldn't have this" then he came to get another and said "I know I'm better than this." So I took the candy down and hid it in a drawer.

We all have our demons, our obsessions, and our guilt. It's so sad that we have to feel ashamed of what we eat. I am far from perfect, but I can be inspired. I have lost 50 lbs, which is so little compared to some of you, but I can see myself in myself again. I look in the mirror and recognize my face again. I still have a long way to go, and even with the band I forget sometimes what my goals are when I have a plate in front of me, or a gallon of icecream.

I am going to Florida this week, and I refuse to feel guilty for food. I will try my best to make healthier choices, and I have already promised myself that I will wake up thirty minutes earlier than Marcie to work out at the hotel gym tomorrow morning...but that is because we will be driving seven hours for two days so I know my legs need the activity or they will swell. I will enjoy myself. I deserve it. The thing is, thanks to the lapband I have learned that enjoying myself doesn't mean eating until I feel sick and having to go home and lay on the couch.

Eating for me now, is an enjoyable way to give me the energy I need to enjoy the rest of life. Life for me now is more than the time between my feasts. Do I forget this sometimes, yes. Do I forget it as often as I once did? No.

So girls, we are still fighting our addictions, but we are so much better, in evidence by the gazillions of pounds we have all lost as a team.

I love you guys and I'm proud of you

I am not there, but I have come along way. I don't live to eat anymore, I now eat to live. I am proud of what I've accomplished. This is what I will tell myself everytime I sit down now. I will remember how I was before the band, sneaking off to the pantry because I just had to have another slice of white bread, then another, then another. I saw myself in the man who couldn't stop eating the butterfingers and I know that I have come a long way. I still crave, sometimes I still feel the need to hide food, but I'm better. I am a recovering addict, and I will keep trying.

(((Victorious Valentines)))