Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!

I am trying to be good this week. I did gain 2 lbs over my birthday weekend. Unfortunately, my bf's birthday is on Monday. Our birthdays

are only 9 days apart. Hopefully, I will have lost what I gained. At least with him, we will only be celebrating on Monday not all weekend long.

I am doing good staying away from ice cream, but really having trouble with willpower and wanting to snack in the evenings.

hi guys im doing really well avoiding the ice cream and Cookies ive been working more harder for me to snack at work...

i made it to 158 today so happy maybe i can give up the snacks...im trying pickles tho but they dont have calories so that ok right??

Pickles as a substitute? Well, if it works, that's the main thing!

Congrats on the 158...

So for my extra exercise event....does shovelling heavy wet snow for 30 minutes this morning count????

I sure does count if you want it to Tap. I looked it up on Daily Plate and it says you burn 681 calories an hour doing it. Sounds like your having lots of fun with the winter white there. We're still in the 90s during the day and I can't wait for that to drop just a bit more.

The ice cream cravings have been extremely strong for me the last couple days. I did avoid it but just barely. And last night, we went to a cancer support group and they had two trays of Cookies and brownies right in front of me. They were at arms and nose reach for 90 minutes. Jeez. It was torture but I prevail. I can't tell you how many times I almost reached out and grabbed the dang things and nommed them down. I did get the reward for being good this morning though, I'm down another 1.2 pounds.

Oh Ezma, don't torture me by telling me it's warm somewhere!! That's DH and my dream - if ever oh ever I can retire, I want to move somewhere where snow only appears on Christmas cards, and dressing to go outside in winter doesn't involve lined winter boots, thick socks, mittens, scarves, hats, hand warmer packets, kleenex in pockets, thick down-filled coats....

Yeah Ezma for avoiding temmptation, AND losing more weight - that is fabulous!!!! Perhaps when you next attend a cancer-support meeting you can take something YOU can eat - like some nuts!!!!

Sounds like Arizona would be the answer to your dream, at least in the winter. We have two seasons - hotter than hell and gorgeous. If you can make it thru the 6 months of 100+ it's so worth it.

Next month's meeting I plan to eat the dang things. So they better keep the plates far from me. LOL.

I wish I could say the same thing. I was extremely bad today. I ate chocolates all day at work. I was just going to have one, but I should have never had any. Once I got started, I couldn't stop going back to get more. Damn Halloween candy! I ate so much, I actually felt sick. I am not getting on the scale tomorrow!

Hi guys ...I have the same seasons in south fl hot and gorgeous I think my family is gonna come down for the holidays to avoid some of the winter...doing well today since I slept all day ..I'm at work now I'll try not to snack but its my 3rd 12hr shift and sometimes we eat just to stay awake...lol.

Well the ice cream cravings have been strong since Sunday and they finally won on Wednesday. Last night, after 10 days without, I finally caved in and had a small portion of ice cream. It was very sweet and not as good as I remembered it. Now, don't get me wrong, it was good but just not as good as I remembered. Sugar is definitely an addiction for me but I think I can keep it reasonable now. I did lose another pound still so I hope it doesn't mess up my South Beach too much.

Ezma - but the fact that it wasn't as good as you remember may work to fool your mind into not craving it as much. That slip was yesterday, it's history. On with the south beach plan...

Thinner - You lost the battle of the chocolates, but you will win the war! Perhaps making yourself sick on them will curb your appetite for them?

SMS - yes, I can appreciate eating to stay awake...how about something that (at least for me) takes a long time to eat - like an apple?

Last night I gave into something I haven't for a long time,

I am a big bread addict. Almost a scary bread addict, which is why I became so focused on icecream afterwards, to get all that sugar that bread turns into in my belly.

We don't buy white bread because of that.

And I had been doing great. But the other two people in my household miss it pretty badly. My gf had a really bad day so I bought a loaf of white bread to make her this thing with bread and egg she likes for Breakfast.< /p>

Last night I got up just to take the bread with a glass of milk to wash it down. It was a fight to learn not to eat while I was drinking, and I've gotten so much better...but last night it was almost like having a relapse.

I know that this sounds stupid, but I was really really addicted to bread my whole life. Seriously. Thats why I thought the band would work for me because you can't have bread, my biggest problem...unfortunately there is ways to get it down anyway.

I forgive myself, but that is the LAST time white bread can be brought in the house. It's just too much temptation for a true bread addict. Or carb addict.

I love crusty sour dough bread. I have no trouble getting it down if I go out to dinner and they bring a bread basket. unfortunately.

I did really good today. I had a healthy Breakfast lunch and dinner and no Snacks. The scale did call my name this morning and I gained 3 lbs from all the chocolates from yesterday. That was enough to give me good will power today. I hope it lasts. I just have two more temptations coming up. Sunday is a baby shower and I am sure there will be tons of good food there and Monday is the bf's birthday. After that, it's smooth sailing and I can surely get sugar out of my system.

I have some appetite suppressants I can take before i go to the baby shower and i think I will do that. Time to bring out the big guns.

Happy Hallowe'en, my fellow VVs

This will probably be a challenging weekend for all of us - between the chocolate, and the chips, and the NUTS!!! So, let's try to have some distractions and alternatives planned or available, and if we have a taste of our particular demon food, then keep it to a taste, and then stop. Don't beat yourself up over it. Do not let it be the beginning of self-defeating behaviors....do you get the idea I am really talking to myself????

We can do it; we are stronger than our cravings!

I'm very thankful that I still have South Beach going on. It will give me added incentive to steer clear of the junk. Also, thankfully, they don't give out ice cream when you trick or treat. :teeth_smile:

WE ARE STRONGER THAN OUR CRAVINGS!!!!

, thankfully, they don't give out ice cream when you trick or treat. :teeth_smile:

Hmmm...well in snow country, they probably could - no worries about it melting!!!