Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Sat. is my birthday and I can feel a few lbs coming on already. Fri. night my girlfriends are taking me out to dinner and Sat. my bf and my kids are all going to dinner. The restaurant we are going to (which I picked) has "big fat chocolate cake" on their menu. It's like 4 layers.

I have a serious cold stone addiction. Lucky for me, I can only go there when I go to visit my dad in Arizona. I go for the chocolate ice cream with brownies and Peanut Butter mixed in. Last time I was there, I got the largest size, and it took me all day and into the evening to eat it. I could only eat a little bit, then I would stick it into the freezer.

Oh well, back to the good food plan on Sunday. I am being really good this week in preparation for the weekend.

Happy birthday (in advance) Thinner! So, save a few calories during the week and enjoy your birthday. I don't suppose you, the kids and bf could SHARE a piece of the birthday cake??

I broke last night...I ate a serving of whole delicious crunchy tasty almonds. And you know, the guilt I felt afterwords I blame on Ezma - she started this thread!!!!! :grouphug: (You know I'm joking, right???)

Anyway, back on track today...

LOL Tap. It's fine, you can blame me. Just figure you needed to visit those nuts just to remember why you wanted to avoid them. I did really good last night. I didn't even eat the icky fudge bar. They really aren't my thing so no worries about them feeding my ice cream addiction.

you needed to visit those nuts just to remember why you wanted to avoid them.

Sadly, it didn't do that; afterwards I was "Why oh why can't I have you all the time?. It's that Ezma's fault!!!"

Good for you for avoiding the fudge bar.

You know, almonds are very healthy. They raise the good cholesterol. They are not a bad snack. It's not like you should eat handfuls and handfuls, but a few a day is actually recommended.

You know, almonds are very healthy. They raise the good cholesterol. They are not a bad snack. It's not like you should eat handfuls and handfuls, but a few a day is actually recommended.

Ah but Denise, that is EXACTLY my problem....I just cannot stop at 1 serving. I could (and have in the fat past) taken a huge bag of almonds (or cashews, or peanuts, or any nut) from costco, sat down and ate the entire bag. Hence my joining this thread - I committted to 1 serving only 1 time a week. So far MOST weeks it has been ok, but this week I slipped. But I am back on track...

Tap - you're doing so great. You truly are an inspiration. Hell, I'd take 10 pounds from you onto me if I could. Every time I start to feel down because I've hit a plateau I'm gonna think about you. You have maintained the best attitute in a very frustrating situation.

Thank Ezma...it's mutual admiration time...I think YOU are showing the greatest strength given your personal situation and our lap band struggles. I hope your husband is stablized (and ideally improving).

RSG and Ezma - avoiding icecream?

Melolo - How is your battle with the muskateers going?

SM - Still cookie-free? You are so close to the 150's....

ThinnerDenise - saving some calories for the weekend?

I've been doing great with the ice cream stuggle. I've been doing that South Beach diet and it's kicked in good. I don't crave the carbs anymore like I did. It was just what I needed. The weight loss is an extra plus. I did eat a sugar free fudge bar last night cause it's the only thing I have for dessert on the diet in the house. No biggie, they aren't my favorites.

OK everyone...we are heading into the weekend. Let's be strong facing our 'demons'!

Denise - have a wonderful birthday.

Yep, no icecream for me. I think I have kicked the habit.

I'm sure it will come back in another form. but for now I'm good.

Yeah RSG!! Don't anticipate trouble...just accept and revel in your icecream freedom!

Happy Birthday to Denise!!!

I, too, feel pretty good about controlling the ice cream now. South Beach has really done wonders for me. Once I got rid of all the simple carbs for a few days I quick having the overwhelming cravings for them. The potential is still there and probably will be until the day I die. I saw some ice cream on a commercial last night and said "Mmmmm, that looks good" to myself. I'm also feeling so much more energetic again now that they are out of my life. I really do think simple carbs are the beast itself.

Have a great weekend guys. And remember.....Just say "No!".

Yay! 1 full week with no ice cream. Only craved it twice and only one of those times was I close to caving in. Hope you all are doing well with your cravings too.

Yeah to Ezma and RSG. You have broken the lure of the icecream! I managed a nutless week as well...didn't even treat myself on Saturday night. Whoo Hoo!!!