Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Hi Brenda

There is no set plan of what I eat; I eat everything including Pasta etc. Not everyone is the same - you have to figure out what you can handle. I do not have problem with bread or pasta, and others do. Some can't eat raw veggies, whereas for others (like me) it is a non-issue. There is a thread in the nutrition section (what you ate today); lots of ideas there.

I have had 6 fills (and one slight unfill) to reach this point. I knew I had it when I could not eat more than 1 cup of food at any time. Some people go to a level of one-half a cup or so, but I am relatively happy at this level.

Good luck on your journey, and keep us posted.

Okay, I'm going to venture over to this thread. I've been reading it all along, but not posting because I'm not having problems with ice cream or nuts.

Well, I'm here to confess that I have a problem with graham crackers and chocolate chips. Ugh. I finally had to say that we're not having graham crackers in the house for a while. My dh dearly loves them. He puts down a whole package of them (8 of the rectangles) in one sitting with a glass of milk. So I was feeling like I was doing well with only three of them. Well, that's more than I should be consuming and I have been doing it more often than I should.

I've been neatly controlling my portions of chocolate by only buying the Ghirardelli squares, the 60% cacao ones. Well, I bought some of the same chocolate, only in chocolate chips and I'm having trouble staying out of them. They have flavanoids and antioxidants, right? hah!

I'm not totally ready to make a clean break yet. I'm getting a much-needed fill on Friday, and am having a little of the last supper syndrome all over again. I'm not going all out, but not being as strict as I know I should be. So I'm not making a specific commitment just yet. I just need to get it out that I'm having some trouble.

Carbs have snuck back into my diet way too much with crackers, etc. I'm looking into the South Beach stuff since Lil Miss had such great results recently on that. Maybe I'll ease into that once I'm off my post-fill liquids.

Phew. Glad I got that out.

Welcome to the gang. Doesn't have to be a big problem to join us in wanting to get control of it. I'll bet almost everyone of us that have been banded or will be banded have problems with carbs of either sweet or savory variety. When we give in it's more about not beating ourselves up about it, but about re-committing to our goal of living better. It's wonderful that you are aware of your attachment to them.

Today is tuesday the day Baskin and Robbins has their one dollar cones. I am going to be strong today. I was not strong at work today. Somebody brought pie in.

Why can't I look at the stuff and think it looks good, but I want to lose the 5 lbs I gained! I need to change my thinking.

Today is tuesday the day Baskin and Robbins has their one dollar cones. I am going to be strong today. I was not strong at work today. Somebody brought pie in.

Why can't I look at the stuff and think it looks good, but I want to lose the 5 lbs I gained! I need to change my thinking.

Be strong Denise, hold fast! One cone tastes good but is gone in minutes; 5 pounds can linger...forever!

I have a serious addiction to sugar I'm on a all out sugar cycle...eat it crave it eat it crave ....what do I do?

I know I could have made it to goal already if I would just leave the sugar alone...so upset right now ...I'm just not a Protein or meat person...

I'm getting a fill on Friday. Monday I'm going to start the South Beach Phase 1. Anyone want to join me?

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/shoppinglist_p1.htm

I figure this is the only way I'm going to get off of sugar again. I did so well for a long time, but things have really crept back into my diet again and I need to get them out. Out!

Edited by Shinyhappymommy

Shiny and SMS - I wish you success! Although that plan isn't for me, I will be interested to hear how you are doing.

Shiny - I'm in. I'll study up on it this week so I'm ready. I did Atkins before so it should be pretty similar. More good carbs and less fat from what I can tell. I figure it's worth a shot on breaking my sugar addiction. Plus the rapid weight loss would really be what I need right now. This is the first month I have lost nothing since my surgery.

I wish I had the willpower to do a low-carb plan like South Beach. I am not a veggie eater, hate most of them and have a hard time getting down the ones I tolerate. I'm in a funk and can't break out. It was made even worse by finally deciding to ask my doctor for an anti-depressant after a few months of feeling depressed and the stupid medication increasing my appetite and making me crave carbs like crazy. I was even craving soda, which I haven't had since the beginning of February (and I'm proud of myself because I didn't give in!). I thought I was so hungry because I needed a fill, which was also the case. I had my fill on Monday and it was so weird--my pouch would get full but my lower stomach was still growling. I stopped the medication and I'll talk to my doctor again next week.

On a good note, I bought an elliptical tonight so I plan to get back on my exercise and hope that boosts my weight loss again.

Hang in there, Jaime! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with depression. I have struggled with it as well, though I've been fine for the last couple of years. I pray that it continues that way.

You can do this. You're stronger than whatever trial you're facing.

There was a South Beach thread awhile ago.

I have to get sugar out of my system so I don't crave it. When I couldn't make goal, I put myself back on the liquid diet. Funny, I do well on that. I tell myself I am on liquids, so I can't eat that. It's probably impossible for me to talk myself into that now though.

So it is 12:52 am, I am wide awake, have to get up in less than 4 hours, and can't imagine how the day is going to be. I am doing everything I can to avoid the call of the cashews....they are in the kitchen, I hear them....

Make them stop!!!!!

Jamie - good luck with the eliptical and your struggles.