Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

I have been basically sweets free for over a week now, and I don't crave it now...I'm one of those that can't have just a little (that's where my band comes in, right? haha) so as long as I stay away all together I'm much better off.

No worries tapshoes, I blew my diet out of the Water this weekend...but the weekdays are so much easier to stay in routine. We'll make it up.

Thanks RSG. Yes we will. We are stronger than our cravings.

I'm still cookie free ...I can't say the same for the ice cream ...1 step at a time

yeah Smith!!

Gonna put it down here so maybe I will not do it again. I didn't have ice cream yesterday but that's about the only thing I didn't eat. Are you ready for this? It's horrible. I ate 3 small cream puffs, 2 Cookies, a chocolate-covered donut, 6 chocolate truffles and 2 servings of popchips. Wow! That sucks!

Oh Ezma, ouch! But that was yesterday. Today is a new day. Was all this food in your house, or is it from having to eat what's available/handy in the hospital?

Oh Ezma, ouch! But that was yesterday. Today is a new day. Was all this food in your house, or is it from having to eat what's available/handy in the hospital?

House and hospital. Doing so much better today, so far. I think I needed to get that out of my system. It was a culinary scream of stress. Just need to stay on top of it and make sure it doesn't get the better of me.

You're getting so close SNT. Do you have a pre-op diet at all? Bet you're getting excited. :crying:

There must be something wrong with me. Today is monday and I am thinking about Baskin and Robbins's Tuesday 1.00 cone day. I am going to resist tomorrow. I need to totally get sweets out of my system. If I could do that for 3 days,I know I would not be craving them all the time.

There was a thing on tv that said that chocolate puts off a hormone in our brain that is the same one that heroin does and that is why it's so addicting.

There must be something wrong with me. Today is monday and I am thinking about Baskin and Robbins's Tuesday 1.00 cone day. I am going to resist tomorrow. I need to totally get sweets out of my system. If I could do that for 3 days,I know I would not be craving them all the time.

There was a thing on tv that said that chocolate puts off a hormone in our brain that is the same one that heroin does and that is why it's so addicting.

I believe it, Denise!! Must. be. strong. after. banding!!!

I've been doing fairly well with the ice cream. That's the good news. Sweets, not so much. I'm trying to get rid of them and it's been a slow process but I think I'm making progress now that I don't really crave the ice cream anymore. Yesterday was going really, really well until after dinner. Overall not horrible but could have been better. I should do even better today as I feel a bit less stressed after taking a day off from the hospital. I really want to do the South Beach phase 1 thing so I've been researching it and will probably start it soon. I would really love to lose another 20 pounds by Christmas. At the rate I'm going I'll gain 10 by then. I am optimistic though. I know I can get back on the right track.

Hi guys...

Ok so u know Cookies are my problem and I've been cookies free for 2 weeks...that's when I started enjoying the ice cream daily...bad bad I kno...so I switched to sugar free and felt a little better about it until....the gas and diarrhea hit me I was up all night...what's a girl to do? Does this happen to yall?

until....the gas and diarrhea hit me I was up all night...what's a girl to do?

Do you suppose your body is trying to tell you something?

What if you substituted a sf pudding?

I've just had the one slip up with the icecream. I've been craving salty, which is easier for me to deal with since I can just put molly mcbutter on anything and make it salty. It has a lot of sodium, but I really like it and it taste like salty butter but without the calories and fat.

I did snack on corn chips and ranch dressing *cringe* but they have since dissapeared. The corn chips to my lab and the ranch in the trash.

Ezma. A culinary scream. I feel that.

I can't eat anything with any type of sugar alcohol in it. It's way too embarrassing. The gas is so loud it sounds like a freight train. That malitol stuff is bad news.

I am going to try hard to give up all sugar. All it does is snowball and make me want more. The nutritionist at my last support group said our bodies don't even know the difference between sugar free either, and it will do the same thing.

That's depressing.