Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Wow! I really admire you. I could never throw ice cream down the drain. That is why I buy the little weight watcher cups that are 140 calories or the sf fudgsicles. It's bad though. Sometimes I don't want real food, just one of those. I wish sweets made me sick like it does for the RNY people. I always turn to sweets when stressed.

Just checking in, ladies. Did everyone have a vice-free evening? We are heading into the weekend (the time when my resolve is always at its lowest), so remember: We can do this; We are stronger than our cravings! I can't hear you!! Again, and louder!!!

We can do this; We are stronger than our cravings!

Well,

Those Mini Mint Three Musketeers were gone on Monday. But I do have a victory to report I went to the store yesterday and I have to be honest once I reached the checkout line where all the candy bars are located I looked and saw the Musketeers. But guest what stop me from reaching and purchasing the candy. The price and size of the candy bar stopped me dead in my tracks. So I learned a lesson about myself my cheapness and greediness will out weight my sweet tooth craving any day. LOL:lol:

Well,

my cheapness and greediness will out weight my sweet tooth craving any day. LOL:lol:

Whatever it takes, Mel, whatever it takes!!

Wow! Flushing that ice cream down the drain may have just done something to my attitude and mental function. I haven't had ice cream since I did it. That's 4 days now, the longest I've made it since I started trying to resist. I even bought some yesterday since my husband and son got home. Also, Saturday was the day I set for my treat day. I didn't even think about it last night. I'm so happy and hope this is a very good sign for me.

How are you guys doing with your wicked cravings? Hope you're staying strong and wishing you willpower.

Whoo hoo!! Yabba-dabba doo! Hee Haw! And all that jazz!!

Yes indeedy, I 'broke' my plateau! Well maybe I didn't break it, merely bent it a little, but who cares. I am down half a pound! A half a pound in 5 weeks...who would have thought I'd be delirious, positively giddy with that, but I am. Thanks VVs (and others) for keeping me going when I was getting ready to quit.

Oh yes, regarding the nuts, I did have them on Saturday (more than my 1 serving, but I didn't do toooo bad, and i didn't give in yesterday).

Edited by tapshoes
In my excitement, forgot to post the nut addiction

Not so good on the cigarettes, really really really good on the icecream. None for almost two weeks now I think. I lost count, but I think as long as it's not around me I'm fine.

Now if someone brought some home I don't think I could resist.

I'm glad it seems you have kicked the habit Ezma.

Tapshoes- Your awesome.

Yay Tap!!! I'm so excited for you too. You're doing great, especially since the scale isn't moving very fast for you. I amazed at your commitment. It's inspiring.

Ready - You're doing really great with the ice cream. Mine is still a struggle for sure. It called me all day yesterday. I did replace it with some healthier and lower cal alternatives, sugar free pudding mainly. I made a super yummy dessert I saw on Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger. I post the link to the recipe and nutrition info below. Hang in there with the cigarettes. If you can get thru the first couple weeks it's so much easier. Wish I could give you a potion to help you say "No". Believe me, I understand. I smoked for 25 years and finally quit for good 3 1/2 years ago.

Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta Cream

Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta Cream Recipe : Ellie Krieger : food Network

So I finally decided to give ice cream the boot, or at least keep it down to once a week. For the last 4 or 5 months I've eaten ice cream just about every night. It hasn't been a problem but I'm worried that it will be. So, hard as it is, I'm giving it up. Last night went fine, hoping to keep it up. Anyone else have anything that they are eating regularly that they know they shouldn't and want to join me in the boycott? :mellow:

:thumbup: My sister has had her lapband for almost 2 yrs. and has only lost 35lbs because of her love of ice cream. She isn't even particular about what flavor it is. I still have problems with my sweet tooth and ice cream goes down so nice :thumbup: doesn't it? So ice cream has been my chosen sweet to indulge in, but it's been very hard for my sister to give up. She seems to be doing better the last week or 2. With me it's pringles. I can't seem to get enough, so I don't go near them anymore.

Well, I am rambling now, so I will stop and wish you, and all of us luck!

Joanie :cool2:)

GO LADIES GO! Y'all don't even wanna know what I've been eating knowing that I get banded in a couple weeks. :cool2:

I love ice cream; I've been addicted for a couple years now. I think I'm going to have to tell myself that it'll cause slippage!!!