Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi i got my 1st fill about 2 wks ago i havnt felt any restriction until about 4 days ago and im not sure what it is i have some pain in my stomach not when i eat i dont get sick when i eat or feel nauseous but i have this pain thats like a soreness i have been exercising more on the threadmill some small spurts of running could that be it? could i have hurt my band? in not really sore anywhere else i also seem to b less hungry i get fuller quicker im nervous that i did something from b4 cause i felt no restriction so i could eat more then a cup of food i did make the right choices and i have lost some weight but this pain is bothering me please has anyone gone through this? im losing my head Help!!! any advice would be wonderful :crying::crying::lol::crying::mad:

I think everyone has this. It just must feel new to you. i feel the pain when i have food in my pouch going down. It's really tight, which can cause you to feel sore. It's just your food passing. Oh girl, you will get used to this feeling. It kind of sucks but its part of getting where you need to be. After a while you won't even notice it anymore. Exercise won't hurt your band either. Not running.

THIS MEANS YOUR BAND IS WORKING!!!! YEAH!

Good luck!

Choopie, I haven't had my first fill yet, but I think I may have experienced something like you describe. It has happened twice - once when I had my first "real" food after being on liquids for 3 weeks, then again after eating with my family on Labor Day. The first time was after eating a cup of baked potato Soup at a restaurant - and I'm sure it was a full 8 ounces or more of thick soup. The second time I had a 3 ounce hamburger patty and 1/2 cup of potato salad (plus a bit more, because I tasted it as I made it). After eating, I felt a pain in my stomach, kind of like having a catch or "stitch" in my side after running. I never had any sense of nausea or feeling like I was going to PB. Just the pain and feeling really full. I came to the conclusion that my pouch must hold about 1 cup of food, and with both of those meals I had filled it to the brim. I really didn't think I had any restriction yet, but maybe I do. The pain isn't bad and it goes away after a while, presumably after the pouch has emptied. I have my first fill Monday, and I'm going to ask my doctor about it then.

I have the same "pain" off and on since having surgery. There are times when it is more frequent than others and most of the time it does not appear during or after eating. At first I thought it felt like someone kicked me in my lower side or a muscle pull. I've had about 6 fills and this time the pain is much more evident. I don't throw up or have any issues like that and never have but I agree with everyone, I think it's just part of having the band.

I can usually lay on the same side where the pain is and it actually helps it but this time it is staying around much longer. I am glad to hear that others are having the same.

Good Luck!!

I'm telling you ladies. Its because you are not use to the tightness of having a band around your stomach. The band is designed so food will stay in your stomach for hours. It often won't happen right after eating because the food isn't going down yet. Like you said, when you had solid food it came. More mushy things form to the hole you have. The more solid foods don't form to the hole as easy. Hence the tightness.

I was actually excited when I felt it, because I took it as proof that my band is there and doing what it is supposed to!:crying:

Me too! Good for you!

Thank you all for the reply i feel better now that i know my band didnt slip im going for my second fill next thursday i will let my dr. Now how im felling i loe this site cause it helps to put me at ease thanks again!!!

If you are already feeling tight, than its probably not a good idea to get a fill. It will just get worse. And there is such thing as your band being too tight.

Ok let me give everyone a laugh for today...the "pain" I was having and freaking out about yesterday is basically the result of me moving my office around last week. I put my computer in a location that causes me to stretch a million yards to reach the mouse. Switched everything over yesterday before I left, took some liquid Motrin last night and I feel great!

Why is every little thing I feel now, I attribute to my band? I'm always thinking it's falling out of my body!! LOL

You're just paranoid! lol I used to be the same way. now i really don't even pay much attention to my band at all. I mean i rub my chest when i am having pain and i know its from food. But otherwise its like wearing a g string. lol You forget its there after a while. HAHA