Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good News!!!

Hello:

Just a quick note to let you know that John and I made it through our first session. We discussed how his relationship with the other woman affected me and our relationship. The counselor was good in that she didn't take sides one way or the other. She did point out to John that our trust was broken by his relationship with this person. We are going to do separate counseling sessions starting next week then come together as a couple to work together. So I go on Monday and then John goes on Tuesday of next week. We did not get too deep into our issues as there was not enough time, but the counselor wanted to meet with us individually first and then meet as a couple. She feels and so do we that there are issues to look at individually first before the couple things can be attacked. She stated that this approach was a "quick fast track" to getting to the core issues. I have to agree with her on that.

John and I both have "baggage" in our lives that are affected our relationship. IF we can get through those then we should be able to face whatever comes in our lives together as a couple.

This counselor so far is a good choice. She listened and allowed us to vent as much as we needed. She was open to anything we had to say and she offered her input when appropriate. She pointed out some things to John and then to me about the other woman issue that made perfect sense to us both. I am feeling MUCH better about our relationship now than I have in a long long time.

Our relationship over the past week has been like we started anew and fresh again. More loving and caring and sharing than we have done in ages. Still some issues to work through but I think we are finally doing that. SIGH!!

THanks for all your support and your ear to lean on through this.

HUGS and love you

Penni, that is great news!

I'm happy for you that you both are trying to work things out. Alot of women say they would leave if their husband or SO if they cheated on them, but it is alot easier said then done. I admire you for sticking it out and trying to make things work. John from the little I know of him seems like a great man, who adores you, that was evident in Vegas last year. You two make the cutest couple :D Throwing away all that you two have shared is not the right answer, kudos to you both for giving it your all to make it work...I wish you both the very best!

Penni,

((hugs)) to you and John! I think it takes a great man to actually GO to a counselor. Most men are freaked at the idea (maybe it due to pride?). So half the battle is already over!

All our love and support to you!

Thanks for all the well wishes, kudos, and support from you guys. It means alot.

Um,...HOPEFUL did you mean to post the request for Flower to meet you in the chat room on another thread? Confused and these days that doesn't take much. LOL!!! :D

Well done, Penni. So glad you have hope and are headed in the direction of healing and getting better than ever! I so hope only the best for you and John. Glad you are happy with your counselor. That's important, too! Keep us posted, you always have our unending support!

Penni-

I'm very glad you and John found someone that you both feel comfortable talking to and who seems to understand you. That is the hardest part, I think...finding the right counselor.

I'm also happy that John is willing to put this much effort into your relationship. I think that is a very good sign that you are indeed loved.

Thanks for keeping us posted about this, and I wish you continued success in your journey with John.

Megan

Penni,

I hope all goes well for you and your hubby. You have a lot bigger heart than me, I dumped my first hubby for cheating. The one I have now is a keeper.

Great Penni that you both have taken the steps to work it out rather than throw it all away... More Power to you both..

Prayer and Hugs to you both.