Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded August 22

Hi folks! I was banded on August 22. I was really good on the pre-op diet, and lost 12 pounds by the surgery date. Everything went well, and now I'm 12 days post-lapband.

Some problems I experienced during the first week were Shrek-like burps. I would have my liquid diet meal, and about an hour later feel something like a vulcano rumbling in my gut. It made me feel a little queasy, so I'd walk up and down my stairs to get things moving. Finally, I would let go a burp so loud and long it would win the admiration of many teenage boys. Real gross.

Last night I decided to order chinese food to taste some shrimp (no dough) and meat dumpling. I put the food in my mouth, and chewed, chewed, and chewed then spit it out. I also did the same with jellybellies. I would pick a flavor, then mash it in my mouth for taste, then spit it out. Has anyone done this? I did swallow a couple tablespoons of hummus at lunch today. I also tried some watery mashed potatoes a couple days back.

I brought a heating pad into work last week. My hands have been freezing!

Can't wait for some solid food.< /p>

Congrats on doing so well after surgery! I was banded on the 28th! I did well on the liquid diet post-op for a few days then got hungry and kinda moved myself to starting some creamy foods. They stave off the hunger a lot better than the Protein drinks and because they have some volume to them, I am only able to eat about 1/4 cup before I feel full.

I am still losing weight even though I only now have about 1 Protein Drink a day (if that). But I feel so much better! Hope my doc isn't upset that I sped up his plan!

I have not tried the chew in your mouth for taste then spit out, but that is a great idea! I have a sweet tooth and that may be enough to satisfy that without getting those calories!

Hi Patti I was banded on Aug. 22 also, Have you been getting hungry? Im on the mushies stage right now, and trying to get enough Water in between the meals. I started walking a couple days ago for 30 mins a day. I see my doc for the first time post surgery tues Sept 9, I wish I could get a fill but dont think that will happen until 6 weeks post op. Would love to hear how your doing, and the taste and spit out..........I did that with chicken fried steak the other day, Im a southern girl and love chicken fried steak, I chewed and chewed and then spit it out, but OMG it tasted sooo good.... Take care......

Edited by Time4Me2

I'm in bandster hell. I've moved to the mushy foods, and got my hunger back! I've had a hard time drinking Protein Drinks now, I'm sick of them! And, my weight has started to creep up! Tomorrow I meet the doctor for my first post-op appointment. I feel like I have no restrictions now with the lapband and wonder if I can speed up a fill.