Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

I can pretty much eat anything right now. no troubles getting it down really. I can also drink w/ my meals too. was it like this for you all too. It doea go down a bit hard if it's something dry like bread or crackers. Will this change after my fill?

It really is going to depend on how aggressive your doctor is going to be with the fills. My doctor isn't very aggressive, so after my first fill, I can still eat anything. I am trying really hard not to. I get full a little faster, but I am hungry again in maybe 2 hours. I can understand why he does it (to help me get used to having restriction), but if I am supposed to only eat 3 meals a day with no Snacks, I am starving before my next meal. It is really tough. I hope that you have a better experience after your first fill.

It really is going to depend on how aggressive your doctor is going to be with the fills. My doctor isn't very aggressive, so after my first fill, I can still eat anything. I am trying really hard not to. I get full a little faster, but I am hungry again in maybe 2 hours. I can understand why he does it (to help me get used to having restriction), but if I am supposed to only eat 3 meals a day with no Snacks, I am starving before my next meal. It is really tough. I hope that you have a better experience after your first fill.

It's the head hunger that's getting me again. When I'm home & I just have the urge & the want to eat. I'm sure you all know what I mean. :teeth_smile:

Hey everyone-

I could use some input please.

I was banded 9/18/08. I have lost 30 pounds, YEAH!:tt1:

I have not lost anything for a whole week. BOO!:tt1:

I have some restriction from 1st fill, but need more (next fill 11/17/08). I can still eat more than I should but try very hard not to. I am still walking about 2 miles per day. It is very hard to do the things you are supposed to do and not see results. I really need this to work and do not want to get too discouraged.

Please help with advice, suggestions or pep talks.

Thanks-:smile2:

Tina

Hey everyone-

I was banded 9/18/08. I have lost 30 pounds, YEAH!:tt1:

I have not lost anything for a whole week. BOO!:tt1:

I have some restriction from 1st fill, but need more (next fill 11/17/08). I can still eat more than I should but try very hard not to. I am still walking about 2 miles per day. It is very hard to do the things you are supposed to do and not see results. I really need this to work and do not want to get too discouraged.

Thanks-:smile2:

Tina

Tina - I think our bodies just try to catch up with all that has been happening. You have lost a good deal of weight in a month and a half! As we progress with fills and we get more used to eating less and going longer between meals - we will lose more. Let's be willing to be patient:cursing:and know we are in this for the long haul. Keep on doing the the things you are - your body will thank you:lol:

Ok so I have to tell everyone this...I went for my 2nd fill this past Tuesday as I posted before. 48 hours on liquids and then I could start eating again. NO WAY can I eat like I did 5 days again. Wow is there restriction. Maybe too much but I'm staying with it for now. There is no way I can eat bread, crackers or anything dry. I was amazed at the difference. Before I could eat (actually measure it) 1 to 1 1/2 cups of food and be satisfied. About 1-2 hours later I was hungry again. Yesterday I hardly ate anything and was never hungry. I have to be very very careful when I eat because I've been PBing alot. I cannot eat anything in the a.m. til about 1100 so I need to get more Protein Shakes to at least get my Protein. Then I can eat like taco meat because it's small and wet and I still have to chew for a really long time. I tried to eat some pizza for dinner, not the crust just the topping. I couldn't handle the melted cheese. So later that night I made 2 scrambled eggs with miracle whip (I know it sounds gross). I have never chewed a scrambled egg before but I did last night. I can drink liquids but not fast. Like I said maybe I'm too tight but I'm trying it for now because it really has increased my weight loss.

My DH being a smart aleck...I said to him, oh I'm having problems eating. He said "Can you eat?" I said "No". He said, "sounds like it's working". He's so cute. :cursing:. Anyway if your hungry just be patient it really works. :):w00t:

Niecey

I hope it eases up a little for you, but doesn't sound like you want it to to much.

I'm starting to get real nervous. They offer novicaine for my fills, but I don't know. I do know that hurts more often more than the actual injections. So I'm torn. Maybe I'll try first time with, and see how it goes? I'm chicken! I never thought I'd say that. I used to stick myself with needles twice a day (diabetes), and a couple years ago had a port a cath (similar to our port, but mine went into my spinal column) and needled that myself. Similar idea. With no numbing stuff. So I think I'll be ok without. Just is driving me crazy.

teri

Hey everyone-

I was banded 9/18/08. I have lost 30 pounds, YEAH!:cursing:

I have not lost anything for a whole week. BOO!:mad:

Thanks-:)

Tina

I think you are doing very well with your thirty pounds. I found that when I wasn't losing actual weight, I was still losing inches. You might try measuring yourself. Also, my doctor said that after the initial weight loss, it would slow down. Try not to get real discouraged. I have my 2nd fill the day after you, so I am hoping that we both get more restriction. I can still eat more than I think I should be able to with no real problems on anything. You really are doing great, so try not to worry just yet!:wink:

My DH being a smart aleck...I said to him, oh I'm having problems eating. He said "Can you eat?" I said "No". He said, "sounds like it's working". He's so cute. :tt2:. Anyway if your hungry just be patient it really works. :w00t::w00t:

Niecey

Your husband is funny. You may not be too tight. You might try drinking something warm like tea before you eat. That might help you be able to get your food down without PBing.

I'm starting to get real nervous. They offer novicaine for my fills, but I don't know. I do know that hurts more often more than the actual injections. So I'm torn. Maybe I'll try first time with, and see how it goes? I'm chicken! I never thought I'd say that. I used to stick myself with needles twice a day (diabetes), and a couple years ago had a port a cath (similar to our port, but mine went into my spinal column) and needled that myself. Similar idea. With no numbing stuff. So I think I'll be ok without. Just is driving me crazy.

teri

Teri you will do fine. They put some type of cream (not sure what it was) on me before they did my fill. I didn't fill it at all. I didn't hurt the next day either. You will do great!:wink5:

Hi.. just checking in. I had my first fill, haven't noticed much of a difference.I think I got mildly stuck one afternoon on steak, it was painful but only lasted a few minutes and I didn't slime or anything. So I'm not sure if that was officially 'stuck' or not. I took some papaya enzymes and it went away within about 5 minutes.

I am losing really slowly, and can eat quite a bit, probably need another fill, but I don't go back until December 1st. My doc is away right after Thanksgiving, and I really didn't want a fill on the day before turkey day and have to be on liquids for the holiday. Sooo.. I just have to hang in there until the 1st. The hardest part is not snacking at night. Those empty carbs do nothing for me! Glad to see everyone doing so well. I know if I exercised more I would lose faster, but I just have such a hard time with that. :: sigh::

I'm not sure how it works exactly at my dr's office. BUT... I'm scheduled for fills at the moment on November 4th, then December 3rd. And I just got a letter about a new appt with the "fill guy" Bob on December 10, and no notice as it would be that this appt has been moved or cancelled. So I'm wondering will I actually get a fill a week after my second? I'd really love to bump this up and get some serious restriction, as I'm really REALLY struggling. I have to phsyically feed Matthew (disabled, with little hand/arm use), before I eat, or I attempt to "Test" his. Not good. It's getting really hard, but I'm nearly 2 months post op, and no fill yet.

teri

Ok so I have to tell everyone this...I went for my 2nd fill this past Tuesday as I posted before. 48 hours on liquids and then I could start eating again. NO WAY can I eat like I did 5 days again. Wow is there restriction. Maybe too much but I'm staying with it for now. There is no way I can eat bread, crackers or anything dry. I was amazed at the difference. Before I could eat (actually measure it) 1 to 1 1/2 cups of food and be satisfied. About 1-2 hours later I was hungry again. Yesterday I hardly ate anything and was never hungry. I have to be very very careful when I eat because I've been PBing alot. I cannot eat anything in the a.m. til about 1100 so I need to get more Protein Shakes to at least get my Protein. Then I can eat like taco meat because it's small and wet and I still have to chew for a really long time. I tried to eat some pizza for dinner, not the crust just the topping. I couldn't handle the melted cheese. So later that night I made 2 scrambled eggs with miracle whip (I know it sounds gross). I have never chewed a scrambled egg before but I did last night. I can drink liquids but not fast. Like I said maybe I'm too tight but I'm trying it for now because it really has increased my weight loss.

My DH being a smart aleck...I said to him, oh I'm having problems eating. He said "Can you eat?" I said "No". He said, "sounds like it's working". He's so cute. :wink5:. Anyway if your hungry just be patient it really works. :wink::w00t:

Niecey

OH good! Thanks for this update Niecey! I can't wait to get my 1st & 2nd fills.

I have been eating way to many crackers & carbs. Last night I had buttered popcorn {slap on the rist}! I know I was "BAD" but I'm back on track today. It's been hard for w. the Halloween candy being around too.

I'm trying to do more low carb thing now.

I only have a few lbs to get under 200 lbs!!! :)

See, this is why I had this surgery done. I NEED the restiction on what & how much I can eat. Everyone says "Whay can't you just do it on your own"? This is why.

Thanks all!!! Keep it up! We're on our way!!! :cursing:

PBing???????? What is this? Can't get it.

I haven't been walking or working out at all really. I gotta get into it!!!

pb= producive bleching. Not fun I hear.

teri

Yeah, I wonder about this PBing (productive burping)...It's not really that is it? More like a Vurp (vomit burp) right? Sorry to be gross.

niecey

hey guys...had a problem with computer and have been off a while...everyone is doing soooo great....i know i am behind you guys...had my staples out wednesday, 29th...the only thing that is sore on me is the port...its located upper right side b/n sternum and bottom of ribcage. i have not lost the 1st pound since surgery...actually gained 1...i am only going to go by the doc's scales...he said i was doing fine that since i lost 27 pounds on liquid diet(done twice=20days of liquids) that i probably would not lose any more for a while...and that is ok with me...

i can eat pretty much what i want...b/n cup and 2 cups depending on whether its Soup or something with more consistency...i do get a feeling of ok that's enough, not i am full, but enough...and if i eat one more bite, i get a pain in my chest...just uncomfortable fullness.

my 1st fill is november 26th...day before thanksgiving..that kinda sux, but oh well...he only does fills about every 6 weeks...

i am a little nervous that i can eat as much as i can, but glad that i can't eat more than i can if that makes any sense???

husband being supportive.

i am going back to work monday night. he has me on a 20 pound weight restriction for 2 more weeks...i begged him not to put that on my work release, because they would not let me back to work with it...so i asked evryone at work if they minded helping me do lifting for a couple of weeks and they were really cool about it...but i think what if a patient starts falling, i have to catch them...so i just have to make sure they don't start to fall, i guess...

i feel like crap that i am eating more than they say we can, but i am really trying and have virtually no restriction, so i am proud of me...

i looked on the chart at doc's office...i started with BMI of 45=severely morbidly obese...as of wednesday, i am BMI 39, obese classII....never thought i would be glad to see i was just obese:thumbup:

Hi All-

Thanks for your input! I will hang in there!:)

After my first fill, I had some restriction, it went away.

Is that normal??

Tina