Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aetna question-2yr BMI requirement

Aetna's requirement is that you have a bmi of 40 for at least 2yrs. Does anyone know what Aetna consider 2yrs? Do they consider the current year as a part of the 2yrs? Or are they looking at the past 2yrs such as 2006 and 2007? I just want to know if I consider having the approval/surgery in 2009 are they going to look for my bmi requirement in the years 2008 and 2009 or 2007/2008.

I wouldn't guess. I would call them and ASK! If they want 24 months up to today, give them it. Manipulate the data to give them exactly whatever they request. :smile:

I was just denied by Aetna because my Dr . Did not Submit my weights for 2006.. They submited 2003,2004,2005, 2007 and 2008 but 2006 was missing.But because there requirments are for 2 yrs the denial letter told me I needed 2006 to prove i was overweight. When I called the rep I asked her if they thought i got skinny for 1 yr. Anyways 2006 through 2008 would be what they require, If you plan on getting the surgery next Yr I would probably send them 2006-2009 then you know you are not missing anything

Yeah I already got them and resubmitted. Now it is just a waiting game

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches