Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone:

I was wondering if anyone has been experieinceing any dizziness since being banded? I was banded in february 2008. Every one in a while I now get dizzy. I am seeing my doctor about this to see if we can find a cause for it. Now that I think on it, i don't recall getting dizzy every once in a while until i had my surgery.

I was also wondering if anyone had any muscle cramps or anything as well. I am not tryign to doagnose myself. But I was wondering if this coudl be related to being banded.

thanks for your help.

I wonder if it is because your not getting enought food/nutrients? I know when i was on liquid and mushies i was weak and sometimes dizzy. this past week I got lite headed once, but once i had something to eat i was fine.

It must be becasue I get dizzy quite frequently. I haven't been taking any Vitamins but I think I should start.

Hi,

I have been pretty dizzy since my surgery 8/27/08. I got a bit paranoid as I am on anti-coagulants and worried about internal bleeding, but the surgeon said in my case it is just the anesthesia wearing off. It is sure seeming to take a while, but a friend and I went out for a short walk today and for a little bit the dizziness went away for a bit.

My dizziness has lessened over time. For me, I think it was the reduction in my blood pressure as I lost weight. I still get dizzy occasionally, but not all the time like the first 4-6 months.

Muscle cramps can sometimes be due to a deficiency of some sort - for example potassium deficiency can cause leg cramps.

You should always seek medical advice if you are worried.

I get occasionally light headed. If I stand up quickly sometimes I notice it. I really think it has something to do with my restricted calories. It never occurred before banding.

Hollie, your new picture is really cute :0)

Are you on blood pressure medicine? When I started I was taking two seperate blood pressure medicines. I started to lose weight however I also started to get light headed, I could not figure out what it was. I went to the Dr and he took me off of one of the medicines. I then lost more weight and again I started getting light headed. The Dr has now taken me of the other medicine.

I would get light headed when I got out of a chair.

Good luck

Hello Everyone:

As soon as I started to get dizzy and have muscle cramps, I hopped my big chocolate butt right to my doctor. I am currently awaiting the results of several tests. I hope they shed some kind of light on what is causing these symptoms. I posted this question to see if other banders have had any similar symptoms. I know that other forums have said that gastric bypass patients get dizzy due to nutritional deficiencies, but they don't really say that this is frequent in lapband patients. however, dizziness is listed as one of the side effects in the lapband brochure.

I also understand that just because other people have similar symptoms that they may be from completely differnt causes (i.e. not band related). I was just curious if it could be band related though. i don't recall ever having any of these symptoms until i got banded.

I think that it is probably nutritional/electrolyte kinda stuff, but I will DEFINTELY follow the advice of my doctor. i am not one of those, " I have been vomiting blood for three weeks. Does anyone else vomit blood since being banded? Do you guys think i need to see my doctor?" kind of bandsters. :thumbdown:

Thanks for replying.

Congrats on your success.

My surgeon told me that I'm not hydrated enough. I was drinking 8 glasses a day but he said my body may need more and that our needs change. I bumped it up to 10 glasses for a while and felt better.

My dizziness has finally subsided for the most part. It seems to be only late in the day when I am really tired. Today was a good non- dizzy day! Hooray!

the change in eating habbits can shock your body. I didn't start getting dizzy until recently. I know I drink enough Water but don't think I'm getting the calorie intake that I need. It's just hard to make yourself eat sometimes.

I get the dizzies too I am 1 week out and think it's because of not too much Water going in, I feel better when I drink more and I am sure when I go t o mushy foods I will feel better. Keep in touch. ANdrea

Okay...fluid in...lots and lots in...I suppose it defeats the purpose when I drink a cup of coffee....but seriously...I can't give it up. I only had ONE cup...honest...

I am trying to drink enough, but my personal whatever it is from the dietician says I am supposed to drink 3.5 liters a day. WHO drinks THAT MUCH??? I mean I can't drink that much if I sit here all day and try...What if I never leave the bathroom cause my bladder is so overwhelmed!

Oh...and I am less dizzy today. Hooray!

Good for you, I should be drinking that much Water too but I always weigh more when I make the effort to drink more water :/ My job also requires me to be in my seat a lot. I'll have to give it a try. Water is supposed to help you lose weight too huh