Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A requested colonoscopy!!!!! Ooooooooooooo I had a required one around March....and it will take something tremendous for me to have to spend another day in the bathroom like that!!! Woooo......that stuff I had to drink was NASTY!!!

Yeah, I was gagging trying to get it down, tears running down my face, we can put a man on the moon but can't get a better bowel prep???? lol..heading to Camden Clark, talk to you later!!

Congrats on the weight loss denise. Keep up the good work.

I am going in today for my 3rd fill. I still dont have any restricion so hopefully this will do the trick.

Had my endo and colonoscopy, I guess it showed a hiatal hernia that is 4 cm so Kaplan will fix it during my surgery on monday, feeling ok otherwise, very nice girls on the floor. 6 more days and counting!!

Good luck :redface:

Had my endo and colonoscopy, I guess it showed a hiatal hernia that is 4 cm so Kaplan will fix it during my surgery on monday, feeling ok otherwise, very nice girls on the floor. 6 more days and counting!!

Good luck! I am 3 months post-op today with Dr. Kaplan. Let me know if you have any questions. :redface:

Good Luck everyone, is everyone in WV in the same area? I'm having mine at CAMC Memorial with Dr Shin, would love chatting with someone a little closer. It seems like everyone I've read about that has a differant dr as a much differant procedure. I've had my endoscopy a;ready but just found out from my referring drs nurse that he wants to see me for 3 months in addition to the surgeons nutritionalist, gues I'll find out on the 6th of next month whats up with that. I was hoping for surgery in Oct or Nov but its not looking like it will happen till after the first of the year, rats another deductible :smile: I keep seeing pre opp diet, what is that, I only know of the one I'm on now and the post op ones Thanks

Hi all, I finally got to my first appointment. It is October 2nd so I am well on my way. My question for the Dr. Kaplan pro's. The diet that they start you on do they change the food you eat too or just calories and exercise?

Hi Saundra! Im from Parkersburg and am going to be banded by Dr. Kaplan. My friend was banded by Dr. Shin last year. She is doing great!

Was hers pretty close to yours WVU fan? I met a couple in his office the first time I went but you only get to chat for a minute and poof, since then I haven't ran into anyone, I think I pick weird times to go so my hubby doesn't miss as much work. Oh I have a question I have forgotten to ask the dr, should he plan to take off with me? I don't mind being alone if hes not really needed, I'm hoping to go to Myrtle Beach next summer and be able to walk and get my own shells at low tide, not have someone do it for me. So the more he doesn't use the more he'll have. But if hes gonna be needed at home how long should he take off? Oh and lets hope we kick some marshall butt this weekend, I want it as a birthday present lol :confused:

My friend Carol had her surgery in Feb. 2007. I havent had mine yet. :tt1: Mine should be in Jan/Feb 2009. I have to go through the 6 mo pre-op diet for my insurance.

I dont know how long your husband should take off. Carol only had her husband off the day of the surgery. She said she could have returned to work in 2-3 days...she felt fine. Her Dr. went ahead and had her off for a week and she had the available time off. I am hoping to be back at work within 2-3 days as well.

I cannot wait for all of the changes that will come with losing all of this weight!!!! :wub:

Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!!!!!! :confused:

Looks like we might have ours around the same time. If I can talk my regular doctor out of adding visits maybe a month or so sooner, I've had my endoscopy already, Dr Shin found a Hiatal Hernia* which he said will add maybe 5 minutes at the time of banding. The endo sucked, I ended up being wide awake for the entire procedure, and not by choice. I think it made for a more sore throat with the extra gagging though. So if your debating. I'd have to recommend twilight or something but you can live through it even with a horrible gag reflex. Hopefully never again though. I've lost a lot of weight already, the usual for every diet I've been on, now I'm fighting to maintain, the nutritionalist said bcbs frowns on gaining. Well so do I, which is one of the million reasons for having this done. But obviously I haven't had much success. I think I messed up on the ticker thingy but I'll try to figure it out. It really is great finding this board

I had an endoscopy & colonoscopy in March (not for this surgery) and thankfully they are going to use that. I really dont want to go through either again. I dont remember the endoscopy...but the colonoscopy....I will be thankful if I NEVER do that again.

The message boards are Great! I've learned tons from here. Everyone has been really helpful and answered any questions that I've had.