Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YEA whit, that 6 months will go by fast. It starts off slow then when your time is up you will say "wow, that went fast" I am also finding out that the 6 months was worth it. It gets you ready for the post op diet restrictions and all that junk.

I have tried the Protein bullets. My mom likes them, Icant stand them. Actually any protein supplement, I just get by the taste. Mom is going to make me some "kool-aid" and it will have Grape Kool aide, Grape G2 gatoraide, and then grape Isopure. She swears you dont taste the isopure in it, but I dunno. I have to do something though or else Im going to end up with no hair. I talked to someone today that had the bypass 4 years ago and I was telling her I am having trouble getting the protein in. She told me she had trouble at first also but here 4 years later, she still hasnt gotten her hair back. Im trying. I noticed yesterday I was forcing myself to get protein in. Usually when I get home from school I crash and sleep for a while. Yesterday after eating all the protein I didnt nap at all, I actually came home and worked out on my Wii Fit (my legs are killing me today) and got all my homework caught up. I couldnt believe the difference in just 1 day of protein did.

It sounds like what moms making you might work, I can't say I love the bullits but they help so much especially now that the shakes have gotten harder to drink and those have less Protein. Dr says as long as I'm getting right around 60 grams bullits and whatever thats all that matters. Right now I'm trying to figure out what flavor to go with next. I've been doing grape everything and am getting tired of it. Moms usually can find a way to make the worst things taste good. Good Luck

I think I have tasted grape. I tasted the orange one and couldnt even swollow it. Too bad they dont have Protein pills out there just pop one and there ya go. Im just scared that they will do my blood work and see that Im not getting enough and then take some Fluid out of my band. I am FINALLY at a good spot, I really dont want it losened up. I go for a fill Wed, I am hoping he will put maybe 1/2cc in, dont think I could handle a whole cc but I dont know if he will or not since Im not getting enough right now. We will see :biggrin:

I like the bullets and the Syntha 6 Protein Powder. I order them from massnutrition.com - they are reasonably priced there.

what is the syntha 6 powder? Someone told mom to try putting Protein in pudding and you can taste it. Well today I tried it. I put half a scoop in, well it took 2 little pudding cups to absorb it all, but it wasnt bad. Tasted a little different but just tasted like cheap pudding so that wasnt bad, that is something I could keep doing.

Syntha 6 is Protein powder. I think its whole name is BSN Syntha 6. It comes in vanilla, chocolate, cappucino, strawberry, etc. It tastes really good. I like to put them in the freezer for a few minutes and then drink it like a milkshake or warm up the chocolate and drink it like hot chocolate. They really taste really good.

WVU I went looking just now to comapre prices on bullets and had no luck navigting on the website you listed, I'm always looking to make sure I'm getting them as cheap as possible, I think I am but it pays to be sure

Elizabeth-

Some days I get too much Protein. (Up to 150g at times!!!) I eat a Protein Bar for Breakfast (about 15g), drink a Protein Shake around 10 (about 20g), eat something meat based around noon like tuna salad or chicken salad (usualy 30-40g), eat cheese or nuts for a snack around 3pm (about 10g) and then dinner I always have some meat like chicken or hamburger and will add in Beans sometimes (around 40-50g). I also eat small protions of veggies and fruits with my meals. I was having a problem with my hair falling out after surgery, but since I increased my protein, I'm having no problems. In fact, my hair is growing pretty quick. I also take 2 chewable flintstrones a day. I track my portions on livestrong.com, which helps me keep track of the protein and calories. Right now, I'm staying around 1000-1100 calories a day, which is more than I want. I'm hoping that will go down when I get my fill this coming Monday. Just make sure your getting your meats in, and your protein will increase!

I get my fill Wed and Im scared that I havent lost anything since my 6 month follow up with Lindsey last month which means he will yell at me and tell me how horrible of a patient I am and all that. I know Im ready for the fill but Im half tempted to cancel. I wish Jeannie would take over my care for fills and stuff. I was losing the weight and then when I started forcing the Protein in, my weight hit a stand still, doesnt make since.

I know what you mean. I have been up and down the same 10 lbs for the last month, even though I've been doing more exercise. I know that it's my portion sizes. I'm dreading going in there to weigh, but I know that I need another fill. I think what's hurting me the most is eating out on the weekends. I need to work on that....

WVU I went looking just now to comapre prices on bullets and had no luck navigting on the website you listed, I'm always looking to make sure I'm getting them as cheap as possible, I think I am but it pays to be sure

Hello! Below is the link for the bullets I drink. They are little vials. They come in quite a few flavors. GNC sells them as singles also....but its cheaper on massnutrition with bulk buying.

IDS Sports supplements wholesale prices at MassNutrition.com

How much is Kaplan's office charging for the fills? I have insurance...but a high deductible plan..so I get to pay the first $3000. (lovely) Which my insurance renewal date will be the month following my surgery.

So far I havent paid anything for a fill. I asked Jeannie without insurance how much it would be and she said right now it is about $90

Thanks Elizabeth!!!

Thats not too bad! I was allowing $150 in my budget for them and thinking I'd have to have maybe....6 (?) the first year until it is right. Then 2 each year afterwards. ?? Does that sound about right?

Are the first few fills included with our surgery?

I am already up to 5 fills and it has only been 6 months. Everyone is different with the fills. He is actually telling everyone 2 months for each fill but you can call and make your fill appointment sooner if needed. When he first started the program it was monthly, Jeannie doesnt even really know why he is doing it 2 months now. This is actually the first time that I have gone 2 months without a fill.. Come to think of it, my last fill was in Nov and my unfill was in Dec.. He is actually being more aggressive with the fills then when he first started so that may be why it is every 2 months now.. They will go over all this in your preop appointment with Jeannie :lol:

Has anyone heard from Froggie lately??

Kyla, how was your appointment today? Was he nice? Im getting scared to go see him Wed.