Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

thanks I AM TOO!! :smile:

good for you froggie. so when do you go see Dr. Kaplan?

Yeah, I have heard that if you don't do the protien as directed you will have Hair loss. I have thin hair as it is. I just want to get to the meeting. I am so excited. I am glad you started talking to me. I am making my husband go with me to the seminar. He is nervous about the whole thing. So now you eat about 1/4 cup size food and its still the soft food. The pre-diet doesn't sound to bad. I am sure it will go by quickly. I hope.

The whole thing isn't as bad as you think, the food your not even going to be hungry after your surgery, and just remember it is different with everyone, i never had any problems right after surgery, i felt fine. I wasn't hungry or even wanting to eat the junk food and i haven't ate junk since i've had the surgery, you will find out pretty quick what you can eat and can't eat, and the best thing you can do if you want to be successful is do what they tell you to do, i have seen many others that have had it done and eat anything that doesn't eat them and they haven't lost as much, we even have one girl who gets her band filled and finds out she cant' eat everything coming and going so she tells them she is vomiting so they will take some of the Fluid out so she can go back to eating anything she want's. which i think is a waste of time, i would never change anything, i do not have one regret of having the lap band surgery done, i had mine done april 21 by Dr kaplan, and i was only the 4th one to have it done and the 1st one he done by himself, but i trust him, and he's a good doctor, he will help you out any way he can, you will find the same with lyndsey the dietician, and jeannie morris the CRNP who will see you for your 1st 6 months for your precertification for surgery. :tongue_smilie: you won't be sorry you had it done. :tt1: if you ever need to talk to someone or have any questions just ask and i will gladly help you any way i can. It's very nice to meet you and can't wait till you get banded.....

I dunno when I goto Kaplan. I am waiting for the letter in the mail I was told I should get it on Monday. Once I have letter in hand I am going to call and start making the final appointments. I am hoping I can get in to see people on Wednesday and Thursday the 22nd n 23rd. I need to start my preop diet the last week of october and all that good stuff I hope I can get into Lindsey and Jeannie those days for the last time and get my appt with Kaplan to schedule my EGD to do during preop or before and to make my surgery date!! Hoping for November 10th!!

You dont need to wait for the letter to make the appointments. Once Jeannie calls you and says you have approval, that is when to start everything and usually when she calls to tell you that you have approval, she goes ahead and makes the appointment with her. Oh well, good luck. Mom goes to Kaplan Monday and surgery will be 2 weeks from then. So they are looking at the 3rd for her.

I don't think Jeannie knows I'm approved yet. I called my insurance and they told me I was yesterday and that they sent the letter out yesterday to the surgeon and me. I figure once I have my letter in my hand, which should be monday...I will call and make the appts...either way Jeannie told me to call on the 20th even if I hadn't heard anything. I will tell her either way...I just want to have letter in hand. If I get mine before it gets to her will they still make the appts? I am hoping for them to be on Wed and Thurs. I really want to know my surgery date...we are wanting it to be November 10th. I am so excited yet at the same time worried about stuff which is stupid.

I have a question to all you Kaplan people. I was told my last appt before approval October 3rd that once I was approved I would have to make appts. In what order do they go. I still need to see Lindsey one last time...Jeannie one last time...see Kaplan for eval and then he will make my EGD and surgery appt and tell me when to start preop etc. Can someone let me know so I am not all confused lol Since I should be calling on Monday do I just call Brenda or should I call Jeannie's number? I dunno which to do LOL I want things to go as quickly as possible now that I am approved. I better get my dang letter on monday

Froggi - wish I knew but I'm sure one of the who do will chime in, I think its great your so close.....I'm always surprised at the way things are done with differant drs, My endo was right after first appt, and my psych eval will be one of the last things before surgery.

WVU-FAN - Your friend who had Dr Shin has she hot goal yet? I don;t mean to be to nosey but it seems that more of Shins patients are on another board and don't care for posting to much, details if its ok with her please, thanks

Well froggi, everyone I know that has been through this, Jeannie made the first call. Jeannie called me, then Dr.Kaplans office called me. Same with my mom, Jeannie, called mom, then Kaplans office called. I received my letter before Jeannie and Doctor Kaplan, and they would not let me schedule any appointments until they had the letter in hand. I dont know if they are doing it differently now or not, but that is how it has been for all the people I have talked to. My went to Lidnsey last week, Kaplan on Monday which is the day she starts her preop and then Jeannie next week sometime. Me, Lindsey was out of town so I went to Kaplan on a Tuesday, Jeannie on a Thursday, and surgery Monday. I got t do it fast because I had already done my preop diet and did not need an EGD. Hope all goes well, it WILL go fast though.

WVU-FAN - Your friend who had Dr Shin has she hot goal yet? I don;t mean to be to nosey but it seems that more of Shins patients are on another board and don't care for posting to much, details if its ok with her please, thanks

Yes she hit goal her goal weight in July...which was in 14 mos. post op. She has done really well!

Froggie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Hi Everyone!! If you are interested in checking out Linedancing....here is the link to our myspace page: :Dancing_biggrin:

www.myspace.com/classiccountrydance

And to answer a some questions I get hit with ...Its not all country! :party: We dance to Everything....Rhianna, Flo Rida, AC/DC and country also.

Class is every Wednesday & Thursday! Its a lot of fun!

OK, I'm sick to my stomach! I go see Lindsay tomorrow and I don't wanna :Dancing_biggrin: I'll admit, I'm not killing myself to lose weight, that's what the band is for. But I've been making better food choices, throwing away half my bread on sandwiches, down to one can of diet coke a day, other than that it's Water, more Protein and vegies, been walking every day (ok, except this weekend) etc. I get on the scale this morning and I'm up a pound! But my favorite jeans fit so much better. Before I'd have to do the wiggle dance to get them on then by lunch they'd fit well. Now they go right on and by lunch they're actually feeling kinda loose. BUT I GAINED A POUND!!!!! I'm so frustrated! I'm totally committed to this, but feel like an utter failure. I thought for sure I'd lost about 10 pounds or so for my jeans to be like this.

Dont stress too much on it....it may just be your scales. Mine is different than theirs.

Dont stress too much on it....it may just be your scales. Mine is different than theirs.

I wish I could say you're right, but I have doctor scales here in my office. And every time they've been spot on with what I weigh at Dr. K's office. Lindsay's gonna kick my BUTT! :Dancing_biggrin:

I wish I could say you're right, but I have doctor scales here in my office. And every time they've been spot on with what I weigh at Dr. K's office. Lindsay's gonna kick my BUTT! :Dancing_biggrin:

:party: Maybe you will be down a pound by tomorrow....it could be Water retention. ? I seem to fluctuate during the day. (Im obsessed with weighing myself now...its horrid!)

Try not to get too sick about it! There is a reason why we are all getting the band....we need the restriction it applies. Good Luck tomorrow!