Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ewe, Kar I have such a hard time with fish as well. There has gotta be some other way then eating fish. :girl_hug:. Elizabeth, do they give you a diet to follow or just have you reduce your portion size. I mean could we follow the weight watchers guidelines until surgery time as long as we keep our calories low?

I saw you mention that you are not getting enough Calcium in a day. We are required to take calcium supplements after surgery. They highly recommend just taking 2 TUMS a day. Its cheap and easy.

I don't know the difference but I have seen it showing up on labels in the last year. I even had to ask the nutritionilst about that high fructose corn Syrup commercial. I figured it was bad but they make it sound ok. The way she explained that one was the corn syrup is much more concentrated and to definately stay away from it. Like canned fruit, the heavy syrup is high fructose, and goes down as you get to the lite or naturaul juices. I have to take hubby with me since he does almost all the shopping. This way we both learn what not to eat, and I look for new ideas and email him grocery lists to his work.LOL. From what I googled, sugar alcohol is basically an additive substitute, I just googled what is the difference between sugar and sugar alcohol in foods. Pretty interesting.

That sounds like a good idea. I better ask though since I'm on medicine for the Hiatal hernia* but the flintstone chewables have extra Calcium, they still want me to add 2 servings a day. I just tried a yogurt and I swear this one has gone bad. UGGGHHHHH I like the tums idea though. I'll put that on my list of many questions, thanks

Yeah, I do both the Flinestones and Tums. LOL, I was in the hospital 2 weeks ago with a Brown Recluse Spider bite and when I told them I was on Flinestones, they laughed at me lol. I guess it is funny to see a grown adult on childrens Vitamins. blynndas, Yes you can do the weight watchers diet as long as you jus keep up with the guidelines they have like writting everything down and going to see Lindsey everyother week.(Or however your insurance is set up) They also give some guidelines and help you out making the right choices. Its hard though. I mean, Im used to eating junk and stuff all my life and then suddenly change. It will all be for the good though.

Has anyone asked what supplement Vitamins we'll probably be on afterwatds? I was guessing Centrum since they gave an adult chewable, and I'm assuming its chewables so we don't take up the extra room, or will it still be my flintstones? Thats awful I didn't know we had the horrid spider here, my sister was bit in TN a dew years back and she almost lost her leg, they said being from an area that didn't have them she had no immunity ti their bite. By the way, what happens to other meds we are on, that aren't xhewable and not so small, I can see me dissolving some if need be but ithers yuck, they taste bad normally? Thanks ahead of time for any info

Saundra

I just had to resolve all of my meds issues with my PCP. My surgeon told me if the pill does not fit through a straw, you need to talk to your doctor about getting another form or type of the same medication. I take a pill for high blood pressure that certainly would not fit through a straw. My physician just prescribed a different one that is much smaller. I take chewable Centrum and chewable Calcium. The liquid pain meds and liquid Tylenol were so yucky that I'm glad I didn't need them long. Of course they are better than pain. Good luck to you all!!!!!! Becky

I wonder if cutting it in half would be ok? I'm one of those who once I find something that works hate to change. My goal of course id to get off almost all of my meds eventualy. Can I assume capsules since they are ling and fit that way are ok? My cholesterol was so high I'd be scared to switch now that crestor has it under control, thats one I could cut in half with a medicine cutter if its allowed. hmmmm

Google it. Some cannot be crushed or broken and some can. That is how I found out my BP pill couldn't be cut. And capsules... not sure about those. I know what you mean about switching when you find something that works for you. Good luck. Becky

Dr.Kaplan doesnt say much about taking pills. He even sends you home on pain PILLS. The only thing they say is dont take them all at once. I did that the day after my surgery and boy did it hurt. I can however take them all at once now. I was never told to take the Flinestones before surgery, it was after surgery they told me I would have to take them. Even then, I never remember to take them. hmm maybe that is why I get soo tired throughout the day. Its really your choice which chewable Vitamin you want to take, they just recommend Flinestones because they are smaller and they dont taste like Vitamins. We went down to Mother Earth Foods and their chewables are HUGE and they stink, I dont think I would be able to eat those, YUCK! They will go over all this stuff in your visit with Jeanie a coupe days before your surgery.

Yeah, it is hard for me too. Dieting always works for me the first 3 to 4 weeks and then I just quit. So, keeping the diet moving will have to be strictly motivation because I want to be banded so bad. Why do you take flintstones. Do they require us to take the childrens chewables? My friend and I are doing this together she is WVAFAN, She said that we need to try to get used to getting in our Fiber and protien so that it won't be such a shock to us when we get close to band date.

Elizabeth - were you in much pain after the surgery? How long did it take before you returned to work?

Im hoping to be back to work within 2-3 days. I'd really love it if he did the surgeries on Friday...so I could return Monday, but im sure that is wishful thinking.

I'm already doing the 1200 calorie diet so they want me to take one flintstone or bugs bunny in the morning and one in the evening, The diet is a big change from my old eating habits and they want to make sure i get my nutrients, I guess its just Dr Shins way, not sure about other drs. I didn't like the flintstones till I tried a rapidmelt zicam which I chewed (shouldn't of) now they taste a lot better...LOL But its because of the diet, he doesn't want me going into surgery missing nutrients.

Saundra

Im probably a little bit of a freak.........I LOVE the taste of the flinstone vitamins! lol I used to eat one when I would give them to my kids. hahahaha!!!