Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating too much post op???!

Hi all!

Ive got a dilemma and Im not sure how to go about solving it. I was banded on Aug.14th, and have gone through 12 weeks of dieting pre and post surgery. Most of the time I was on Protein Drinks plus Clear Liquids, but the week after surgery I was on clear liquids only. My first fill is scheduled for Sept. 15th, and until then, Im supposed to remain on clear liquids and Protein drinks. My clear liquids do not include cream of wheat or puddings, just broth, juices, Jello and popsicles. The problem is that none of that satisfies me and I'm hungry all the time. After 12 weeks of drinking liquids and protein drinks without a problem, I'm now starting to 'cheat' a little here and there, putting noodles or bits of meat in my broth. I know I shouldnt be doing this, but I also know it will be 2 weeks until my first fill, where I expect to be able to control the hunger with permissable mushies and a filled lap band. My dilemma is, do I continue to do my little cheats to be able to get by until my fill date (Sept. 15th)? Or do I call the doctors office and tell them what my problem is, hoping they'll move the fill date up or let me have some mushies? Anybody else have this happen to them?

Thanks for being here! Its nice to read through the posts and know you are all out there going through this just like me!

Soli

Happy Labor Day everybody!!!

kcmomx3-- I went to Dr. Malley also. Also at Menorah. I go for my first fill Wed. I'm majorally excited. When I went to real food, there's really nothing that I can't eat. Although I haven't had the following: pop, ice cream, Cookies, cakes, pies, candy bars, and I try and stay away from bread. Obviously, I don't want to have junk food and am trying hard to elimate it from my life. I'm leary of bread, just because they say it may not be well tolerated. I've been lucky and haven't had any pbing or throwing up and that's the way I want to keep it.(don't even like doing that when I'm sick) I just try and watch my portion sizes and slow down when eating. THis seems to be the hardest to remember. I had some spaghetti a couple of nights ago, and swallowed a fair amount. I literally could feel it slowly going down my throat and got that clammy feeling of oohh ooohh this could be bad. But it got me to slow down and remember to enjoy every morsel. THis is not a race. Keep up the good work, and I'll let you know how my fill went. Susan:cool2:

Hey Ash!!! congrats on your band!! yayyyy! but listen!!! do not over do it. Do eat more than your 4-6 oz please. I was banded in 2009. from 215 came down to 168 in about 10 months. It was great.... but holidays came around and i stopped meassuring. Now i'm back on Protein shakes and soft foods. (yogurts, sweet baby food, etc.) because i gained some weight back and started to have really bad heart burn, nassua and stated to want to throw up! But most of all i couldn't swallow anything!! it felt like a had rocks in my thourht or asophagus!!! i started to research here on the site and found out by pouch has probably sretched and in danger of slippage. So on Monday i started with my Protein Shakes, and all of that kind of stuff. it was soooooooo darn scary to even think of having my (baby) band removed or having any kind of issues like slippage or erosion!! so please, please, please. do not over eat or over drink. Don't get comfortable with your weight once you start to hit or get closer to your ideal weight!!!! i thought i was in really deep s****! but thankfully i'm smart enough to had noticed that something wasn't right. and i made the changes i should have NEVER gotten away from. remember, this is a tool. I would even eat a drunkstick from Popeyes here and there..... not good at all and very stupid of me!!! just please be careful. we invest a lot!!!!! puting our bodies, bank accounts, etc through this to have it taken away.

love always,

iva