Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Don't We Give A Little Update Where We're At

hey yall!! it is technically the day before my surgery...even though it is just a little after midnight...

Dal how are you since the fill?

tamara when you said you gulped down your chix salad, did you feel yourself do it or was it just, you did it before you realized you did it? i ask because i have bought baby food spoons, but i still eat way too fast, and kept thinking "yeah, but when i have the band, it won't let me eat too fast"...was i pretty much fooling myself and it has to be a very conscious effort to sip or chew and take time???

deb have you made appt to get fill yet?

slim how r u? thanx for sharing with me about krystals...i will be by for my share of kicks and hugs...

niecey how's it going?

yall my hormones are crazy, PMS'n so bad...my DH can't open his mouth w/o making me mad or making me cry...nerves about surgery, pms, and the anniversary of my little brother's death is the 21st...but i have the greatest DH in the world...he just gives me big old hugs...and let's me cry or fuss, whichever comes out.

i start my preop clears and clearing out in morning...feels sorta surreal...

i know it's because i have pms, but my feeling got hurt at work last night...and i am so sorry this is so long...will try not to make so long in future...

a lady i work with was making me feel very self conscious about my jug of chicken broth i have been taking to work...i think it was the pms, cause i don't think she was doing it to be mean...but i don't heat it up every time...and someone on the boards had said to squeeze lemon and lime in it and try it that way...that's how i like it, and it's not bad @ room temp, (to me.)but she just kept saying how gross it was with all the fat sticking to the sides...and i told her i spoon any fat off the top, i don't drink it...but she just kept on and on about how gross it was not drinking it hot or why not just drink the powdered kind...(i do drink powdered kind but on way to work easier to pour cans in a jug and go)...she said if she had to drink that stuff she would just stay fat the rest of her life, there was no way she would drink what i'm drinking...i had never thought about it before she said anything, just knew the more broth i drank the less food i would want...so then i got paranoid about everyone else thinking i am gross too...she was making fun of me because i said that i was sick of SF Jello,and she was saying you would rather drink that nasty stuff than eat Jello? and i told her that the SF jello didn't make me feel satisfied but the broth did....did anyone say stuff to yall about your preop diet...better yet, am i being gross? i hate pms...and being emotional, cause on a good day i just like to laugh stuff off and not let anything bother me, but i am slap crazy right now...

she said if she had to drink that stuff she would just stay fat the rest of her life, there was no way she would drink what i'm drinking...i had never thought about it before she said anything, just knew the more broth i drank the less food i would want...so then i got paranoid about everyone else thinking i am gross too...she was making fun of me because i said that i was sick of SF Jello,and she was saying you would rather drink that nasty stuff than eat Jello? and i told her that the SF jello didn't make me feel satisfied but the broth did....did anyone say stuff to yall about your preop diet...better yet, am i being gross? i hate pms...and being emotional, cause on a good day i just like to laugh stuff off and not let anything bother me, but i am slap crazy right now...

1st. You are not gross. Don't let her jealousy get to you. That is what it is. She sees that you are making a change in your life for the better, and she is still languishing where she is. You are not weird, gross, or any other crazy thing that woman can come up with. When you go back to work with your healthier body, she is going to be even more jealous so be ready.

2nd. No one but another bandster (or other WLS) is going to really understand the pre-op diet. So even if they make fun of it, so what? You are doing this for you. You are going to do so awesome tomorrow! Don't let the knuckleheads ruin your time to shine!

thanks slim...i couldn't sleep all night where i have been working the last few nights, and i finally just gave up and got up this morning and i got on the scales...and for the first time ever...and that has been 9 years...i weigh less than my husband!!!...i have not changed my ticker because i know it will fluctuate, but weighed 230lbs and he was 232lbs...that plus reading your post helped to not worry about being embarrassed about my chicken broth...:regular_smile:

thanks slim...i couldn't sleep all night where i have been working the last few nights, and i finally just gave up and got up this morning and i got on the scales...and for the first time ever...and that has been 9 years...i weigh less than my husband!!!...i have not changed my ticker because i know it will fluctuate, but weighed 230lbs and he was 232lbs...that plus reading your post helped to not worry about being embarrassed about my chicken broth...;)

Way to go on the weight loss! :thumbup:That is so awesome. You now have a great head start for tomorrow! :) I am glad that I could help even if only a little. :regular_smile:

Congratulations on the weight loss!!! I tend to eat too fast right now, becuase I don't have alot of restriction. I am one of the lucky ones who at certain times of the day without a fill I do get restriction. I probably ate too big of a bite and way too fast. You will do fine. If you do eat too fast or too big of bites it does make you aware not to do it again. It is all a learning process. I find from reading these boards for over a year, I was well prepared for what the process was going to be. Good luck! Tamara

No fill yet - not til the 30th. I postponed it one week because of traveling. Nayray will be thinking of you - you're going to do great!

i know it's because i have pms, but my feeling got hurt at work last night...and i am so sorry this is so long...will try not to make so long in future...

a lady i work with was making me feel very self conscious about my jug of chicken broth i have been taking to work...i think it was the pms, cause i don't think she was doing it to be mean...but i don't heat it up every time...and someone on the boards had said to squeeze lemon and lime in it and try it that way...that's how i like it, and it's not bad @ room temp, (to me.)but she just kept saying how gross it was with all the fat sticking to the sides...and i told her i spoon any fat off the top, i don't drink it...but she just kept on and on about how gross it was not drinking it hot or why not just drink the powdered kind...(i do drink powdered kind but on way to work easier to pour cans in a jug and go)...she said if she had to drink that stuff she would just stay fat the rest of her life, there was no way she would drink what i'm drinking...i had never thought about it before she said anything, just knew the more broth i drank the less food i would want...so then i got paranoid about everyone else thinking i am gross too...she was making fun of me because i said that i was sick of SF Jello,and she was saying you would rather drink that nasty stuff than eat Jello? and i told her that the SF jello didn't make me feel satisfied but the broth did....did anyone say stuff to yall about your preop diet...better yet, am i being gross? i hate pms...and being emotional, cause on a good day i just like to laugh stuff off and not let anything bother me, but i am slap crazy right now...

Nanray - Don't give that woman a second thought. How petty and small she is. If she has to bash you so that she can feel better............:tt2:

Trust me, months down the road when you are well on your way to a healthy new you, you can look at her and tell her to BITE ME!

You know some people have to be petty just to feel bigger than other people. You are doing something healthy for yourself and once everyone starts to notice you will be able allow her to eat her piece of "crow" :(

You are going to do great tomorrow. Take care and look to the future. Also, yes, PMS Sucks - most of us become :smile: or :) during that time of month. Menapause is just as bad, hormones are all out of wack :thumbup: See something to look forward to

Take care of yourself, relax and just be prepared, and OH YEAH, ask for the Good Drugs! May as well be happy. :mad: Debbie

you guys are the most awesome group of people...it is time for me to hop in the shower and get ready...thank you for all the kind words, prayers, and support...i am finally getting to join the banded...as soon as i am able, i will let you all now how i am doing...love to each one of you, nay

you guys are the most awesome group of people...it is time for me to hop in the shower and get ready...thank you for all the kind words, prayers, and support...i am finally getting to join the banded...as soon as i am able, i will let you all now how i am doing...love to each one of you, nay

Today is the day! woohoo!!! I am praying for you! You are going to rock this surgery!:D

Hey ya'll, my first fill is in 6 days! I am getting hungry! It is getting harder and harder to stay focused on eating healthy options. I think I need to regroup and go back to more Protein Shakes. :wink2:

I feel your pain. I am starving within about an hour. It is hard to just have 3 meals a day with no Snacks when you are starving. grrr!:wink2:

I just want to say I give all of you who haven't had fills yet and are starving, a lot of credit for doing so well. :) I have had a fill and I still get hungry and when I'm hungry I cheat. :thumbup: Way to go for all of you who are sticking to it!!! :rolleyes2::thumbup::thumbdown:

Nayray - hope everything went well for your surgery.

Denise

I'm struggling to stay with it... but another pound down this morning. I'll take it. I did a ton of walking yesterday, so I guess it paid off.

teri

hey everybody...came home yesterday...i am doing fine...really sore after i sit or lay down , but as long as i am siting up straight or walking i feel fine...the gas has been flowing freely so my pains are easing up...:tt1:

i had a less than great hospital experience (comical)...my swallow test was scheduled at 4 and they were going to let me go home at 8 the 16th...well i was still too asleep to do it so the doc said i could stay all night. well he had marked off my dilauded pca and just had me on the liquid lortab...i kept asking why i was the only pt that couldn't have the good stuff, and they kept saying it was because i was supposed to go home...i kept saying but i am not going home...didn't sink in...i had a travel nurse that was in her 2nd day of orientation and a cna that didn't know how to weight me...my DH had to show her how to work the bed...he just read the directions on the side...more comical than upsetting...:mellow: so i really had a lot of pain the 1st day/night, but i am feeling good today. trying to walk every hour for 5-10 minutes while awake....

sipping on carnation instant Breakfast no sugar added, apple juice, Water, and pistachio pudding with the nuts strained out....

can yall tell me if that sounds ok, or do i need to change something on the walking or liquids?

knowing that yall were here to help me thru this made it so much easier on me mentally...i really appreciate you all so much...

yay!!! i am finally really a september samurai.......banded....:tongue_smilie: