Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Don't We Give A Little Update Where We're At

At the same time, having experienced the stomach swollen shut two days after the surgery, I am a bit uneasy about the fill, but now I know the routine and will recognize if anything wrong much faster.

I am glad that you are doing ok. It probably is a good thing that you know what to look for now, so that when you get your fills, you will recognize what some of us probably will not (being too tight). Hopefully you won't have to worry about it. Continued success!

Went for my Post Op visit today. Next week I call to schedule a fill. They do their fills with the flourascope, not sure of the spelling, so I have to meet with a Radiologist. They said I am doing fantastic. :biggrin: I found out I have a Realize Band, they just started using it a few months ago, lucky me I guess. I have read about both, I don't know the differerence.

I was told I have a FANTASTIC attitude about the band and they really feel I am going to go great. Have support, you all, get informed, read read read, and of course you all, and follow their instructions.

I am on MUSHIES :lol:, what a difference texture makes. I had Lentel Soup for lunch, it was heaven. Tonight, crackers and cottage cheese. MMmm good.

And for the record - I will NEVER eat creamed Soup again, EVER!!!! :eek:

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I guess this is the best birthday in a long time, Maybe 53 isn't so bad after all.

Did I mention I hugged my Surgeon and cried on his shoulder and whispered "Thank you" in his ear. I think I shocked him, but I was so over come with emotion and I really think he saved my life. Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Great to hear your visit with your doctor was so successful. I'm on mushies as well and can't wait to get onto some texture. My post op visit is on the 3rd Nov so hopefully my surgeon will be as postive as yours about my outcome.

bye

Deb

Went for my Post Op visit today. Next week I call to schedule a fill. They do their fills with the flourascope, not sure of the spelling, so I have to meet with a Radiologist. They said I am doing fantastic. :) I found out I have a Realize Band, they just started using it a few months ago, lucky me I guess. I have read about both, I don't know the differerence.

I was told I have a FANTASTIC attitude about the band and they really feel I am going to go great. Have support, you all, get informed, read read read, and of course you all, and follow their instructions.

I am on MUSHIES :confused:, what a difference texture makes. I had Lentel Soup for lunch, it was heaven. Tonight, crackers and cottage cheese. MMmm good.

And for the record - I will NEVER eat creamed soup again, EVER!!!! :blink:

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I guess this is the best birthday in a long time, Maybe 53 isn't so bad after all.

Did I mention I hugged my Surgeon and cried on his shoulder and whispered "Thank you" in his ear. I think I shocked him, but I was so over come with emotion and I really think he saved my life. Debbie

How awesome Debbie!

Great job Debbie! I can tell just by your posts that you are a dedicated bandster. Your positive attitude shines through on here and you have been a big help to all of us when we are a little down. Keep up the super work. Tamara

Hi everyone,

I finally caught up on everyone's story. I didn't realize this thread was going. I went for my first fill this past Tuesday. Thank goodness because I hadn't lost weight in the past week because I was able to eat. So the doc numbed me at my port area. Then he put a syringe in the port put some Fluid in and had me sit up. He told me to take 2 good size gulps of Water. After the first one I felt the rock feeling in my chest. Then he slowly pulled Fluid out and said to tell him when the feeling went away. After that I took a few small sips and I could feel it slowly go down and that was it. I was on clear fluids for 48 hours and now I am slowly starting to eat again.

I have to tell you about lunch at work today. I had a meeting that ran late and so everyone decided to go to lunch. I was so scared because what if something got stuck. I wasn't used to eating yet but at the same time didn't want anyone at the meeting knowing I had a lap band. So luckily I got some chili (no Soup on the menu) and just ate it very slowly with small bites. I talked a lot too so no one noticed how little I ate. I was glad when it was over but it went fine. One thing I've noticed though, I definitely eat a LOT less like 1/2 cup of food, and I'm not hungry when I'm done but my brain says you should still be hungry because you haven't ate anything. I guess it's all a learning process and you have to get used to your new way of eating. But it's working because I am back to losing weight.

D

I am glad that you made it through the business lunch. I am so scared of those right now. I am glad that you are doing well.

I went for my first fill this past Tuesday. Thank goodness because I hadn't lost weight in the past week because I was able to eat. So the doc numbed me at my port area. Then he put a syringe in the port put some Fluid in and had me sit up. He told me to take 2 good size gulps of Water. After the first one I felt the rock feeling in my chest. Then he slowly pulled Fluid out and said to tell him when the feeling went away. After that I took a few small sips and I could feel it slowly go down and that was it. I was on clear fluids for 48 hours and now I am slowly starting to eat again.

:thumbup:Thanks for sharing about your first fill:thumbup:...I am nervous about mine. Every DR. seems to be different so I'll see how mine does. I will try not to worry and know many have done it before me and survived. You go girl!

glad to hear how everyone is doing...

hey deb, happy late birthday.:thumbup:..glad all is well for you...

niecy, glad you made it thru your lunch meeting...i am still waiting for october 16th for my rescheduled banding...and i think what you said is what i am dreading the most...the part about the head hunger...getting that under control is going to be difficult, but not impossible...i also wish i hadn't told the people that i work with about surgery, but i work at hospital and it would have leaked out eventually...now i am dreading the " how much have you lost" q and a session everyday...should make the weight loss process go by so much faster having everyone asking everytime they see you...cause most people can't realize the difference in the band and gastric bypass, they think you should be dropping weight left and right:tounge_smile:

i did really good on my 1st round of liquid diet, but i have to admit i am not doing as well the 2nd time around guys, my head and heart was so in it the 1st time, ...i am so mad at myself for doing so good the last time and blowing it this time...but i am still working on it...no time for excuses:blushing: just have to do it

glad to hear how everyone is doing...

hey deb, happy late birthday.:lol:..glad all is well for you...

niecy, glad you made it thru your lunch meeting...i am still waiting for october 16th for my rescheduled banding...and i think what you said is what i am dreading the most...the part about the head hunger...getting that under control is going to be difficult, but not impossible...i also wish i hadn't told the people that i work with about surgery, but i work at hospital and it would have leaked out eventually...now i am dreading the " how much have you lost" q and a session everyday...should make the weight loss process go by so much faster having everyone asking everytime they see you...cause most people can't realize the difference in the band and gastric bypass, they think you should be dropping weight left and right:tounge_smile:

i did really good on my 1st round of liquid diet, but i have to admit i am not doing as well the 2nd time around guys, my head and heart was so in it the 1st time, ...i am so mad at myself for doing so good the last time and blowing it this time...but i am still working on it...no time for excuses:blushing: just have to do it

Don't get down on yourself. Just do your best. You don't have to be superwoman or perfect. Just be you and do the best you can do. Look, we wouldn't be having WLS if we were the perfect diet people.

And you want to know something funny, I think they knew that we LIED when we said YES to the question, so are you walking 30 minutes every day - yeah right! They know how much we weigh (yeah like fibbing on your driver's license works too) and that we don't excerise and they know that we have problems sticking to diets.

We are not perfect. But remember, everyone of us were scared to death that our livers would not be small enough. Funny - I can't remember one of the September Samurai's reporting their Dr's had a problem.

October 16th is right around the corner and you will get nervous :), that will help you eat less. You might want to try out some sugar free Popsicles before as Snacks - I LOVED THEM :w00t:. Maybe they will help satisfy cravings, who knows.

You have a valid reason to be a little not into it, so don't beat yourself up. Soon you will be a Bandster and have a port like the rest of us :smile2:

Get some protien powder and start sipping. Let me know how you are doing. We are all there for you - BIG BEAR HUGG :thumbup: Debbie

Debbie is right. Don't beat yourself up about not being perfect at this point. I know I cheated on my pre-op diet. I'm not proud of it, but it's true (I ate Krystal's during week 2). Keep doing YOUR best. You can't do anyone else's best. I believe, like Debbie, these doctors know we have trouble sticking to diets. Heck, my doctor didn't even ask me about how I did on the pre-op diet. He didn't weigh me before surgery. You are going to be fine. Just keep coming here for your support or kick in the pants (whichever you need at that time :thumbup:). Surgery day will be here before you know it!

Well no wonder why you don't have your head and heart in it...you've been pulled emotionally so many different ways, who wouldn't? I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know where you've been. I lost our first one, about 14 years ago, and I was about 8 1/2 months pregnant. Just forget about not doing so well and start over. It'll be time before you know it.

Debbie - you mean you LIED to the doctor.....:crying::lol::eek:

Denise

yall are the best:tt1:...i kinda feel like the man without a country,:crying: since i started off a september samurai for so long and then with my sugery rescheduled to october, but yall are just stuck with me. this is where i feel at home...:wub:thanks for being so supportive.

i switched to night shift afer 4 years of days for a little stress relief on the job...so i have learned if i sleep all day i won't cheat on my diet or when i go to work cause everyone is watching me...i am sure that's going to turn into a pain the butt soon,:eek: but if it can get me to the surgery dae, yay!

well i work tonight and tomorrow night and then i am off for 20 days:w00t:...surgery is thursday @ 11:00 a.m. they want me there at 08:00 a.m...so i will be updating yall. i know this part is long gone for you...so if there is any last minute advice...now is the time...i have been watching gg's vlog...later, nay

well i work tonight and tomorrow night and then i am off for 20 days:w00t:...surgery is thursday @ 11:00 a.m. they want me there at 08:00 a.m...so i will be updating yall. i know this part is long gone for you...so if there is any last minute advice...now is the time...i have been watching gg's vlog...later, nay

No last minute advice. Just hugs for you. You have begun your surgery countdown. We are all going to be here rooting for you! Thursday will be here before you know it.:crying:

NayRay - you are going to do great. One day at a time. We have all had those hard times and you have had a big one. No matter the month you are a September Samurai....we will conquer the fat!